Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,096 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by La Fours
cpscAG06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opened a Ten Fidy, about half way through poured some bourbon in
cpscAG06
AG
Opened a Ten Fidy, about halfway through poured some bourbon in
Scriffer
AG
Good beer day. Went to Community Brewing with two groomsmen followed by dinner and drinks. Total damage:

Mosaic IPA
Community Wit
Barrel Aged Legion
La Folie
Coedo Kyara (they told me it was Belgian)
Kasteel Rouge - best of the day IMHO
Lagunitas Censored

Not a lot to complain about there
Green Fairy
AG
Had a rahr bbww earlier. Had an odd after taste, and last years seemed way over carbonated from what I recall.

About to crack open Dust Bowl Therapist then probably call it a night.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Big Bad Baptist tonight - not bad.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Good beer day. Went to Community Brewing with two groomsmen followed by dinner and drinks. Total damage:

Mosaic IPA
Community Wit
Barrel Aged Legion
La Folie
Coedo Kyara (they told me it was Belgian)
Kasteel Rouge - best of the day IMHO
Lagunitas Censored

Not a lot to complain about there

Love the Kasteel Rouge. But you already knew that.
La Fours
AG
I drank a JK Ambree courtesy of maca tonight. It was pretty good.

Thank you, sir!!

And after the Cowboys beat the packers tomorrow, I'll drink one of my New Glarus beers.
maca1028
Yes to the New Glarus...no to the Dallas beating Green Bay thing. #pickupthatflag
La Fours
AG
quote:
Yes to the New Glarus...no to the Dallas beating Green Bay thing. #pickupthatflag

SecoKid
AG
Raspberry tasting last week at the ranch with a few buddies. All really good and different. The cantillon was really sour and funky, with a subtle fruitiness on the finish. The Atrial was less sour and funky, with more pronounced raspberry. The New Glarus was a sweet fruit bomb with very little tartness.
Scriffer
AG
It's twue!! It's twue!!!!

Thanks Dave!
Ags #1
AG
Found 2014 bcbs on tap at little woodrows off Shepard last night
Jock 07
AG
Had a FW 18 and le terroir on tap last night. Passed on the 2014 bcbs
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Just out of curiosity. .. how many BCBSs would I have to trade normally to get a BCBCS?

I have 7 BCBS but have never tried the coffee so I was wondering if it would be worth it to trade.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
It's twue!! It's twue!!!!

Thanks Dave!

Best beer for chili making in the free world.
steve00
AG
Pretty tasty ale

Hub05
AG
Henny, the coffee this year is really good and worth trading for. I would suggest offering up something other than regular BCBS. Coffee has a much more limited production and if a person has coffee to trade, they likely had the opportunity to buy plenty of the regular.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Wine Barrel Noir is a truly terrible beer. It doesn't even taste like a beer, more like a really bad red wine.

I would rather drink bid light lime. I can't believe they get away with selling the for $8 a 12oz.
Scriffer
AG
Agreed. That crap spoiled Prairie beers for me for a long time. I've come back around, but I won't touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Henny, the coffee this year is really good and worth trading for. I would suggest offering up something other than regular BCBS. Coffee has a much more limited production and if a person has coffee to trade, they likely had the opportunity to buy plenty of the regular.

I will buy BCBS from anyone who has or can obtain an extra one, or four pack. I missed the wave in Houston and got just one bottle, which we just enjoyed last night.

Really want a few to age and set up a yearly tasting...

Anyone??
No Bat Soup For You
AG
You can have one or two of mine. My wife is from Houston (Clear Lake) so we go down there quite often. I'd take pretty much anything in trade that I can't get in DFW.
army01
AG
quote:
Wine Barrel Noir is a truly terrible beer. It doesn't even taste like a beer, more like a really bad red wine.

I would rather drink bid light lime. I can't believe they get away with selling the for $8 a 12oz.
The first bottle I had when this batch was released in May was terrible. The other bottle I had in the November timeframe was pretty good. Guessing this one varies greatly from bottle to bottle.
cc10106
I'd like Another.

AgEng06
AG
Umm...

Jester King Natural Union

Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
We're excited that Chase Healey himself will be joining us at Jester King on Saturday, January 17th to celebrate the release! It will be a very special Saturday for us, because in addition to Chase, we'll also be joined at Jester King by Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergs of Evil Twin Brewing for the release of World's Worst Twin the very same day. Having two truly world-class brewers onsite at Jester King for the release of their two respective collaboration beers is a wonderful thrill and honor for us.
It'll be like Mecca for neckbeards!
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
We're excited that Chase Healey himself will be joining us at Jester King on Saturday, January 17th to celebrate the release! It will be a very special Saturday for us, because in addition to Chase, we'll also be joined at Jester King by Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergs of Evil Twin Brewing for the release of World's Worst Twin the very same day. Having two truly world-class brewers onsite at Jester King for the release of their two respective collaboration beers is a wonderful thrill and honor for us.
That was my exact thought when I read the email earlier.
Falcon85
AG
Perhaps they vary from batch to batch, but I have liked the Wine Barrel Noirs.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It might be a personal preference but mine didn't taste remotely like beer. It was like a bottom shelf red wine with hints of chocolate.

It was so bad that I wouldn't buy another bottle of it to give it a second chance and there's not many beers I can say that about.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll be out there Saturday... Slightly fearful for my life... Been working on my neckbeard, but I'm facial hair challenged.
La Fours
AG
Sounds like you will fit right in.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll be out there Saturday... Slightly fearful for my life... Been working on my neckbeard, but I'm facial hair challenged.
You will fit right in.
NoneGiven
AG
How much Provenance would I have to pony up to get a BCBCS or other BCBS variant?
La Fours
AG
What's everyone drinking tonight while watching the football championship game? I'm drinking Dammit Jim.
txaggie05
AG
Odell IPA
maca1028
Mass brewed stuff for me...not really worth mentioning here
First Page Last Page
Page 598 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.