Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,220 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Let me get this straight, I can buy a fat sack of the stickiest of icky but not a bottle of beer???
Why wouldn't you just go to the store and not pay the premium at a bar?

Parry's pizza here near my house has a great bottle list (for at the restaurant), but they are twice as much as the store. Drinking there with food is one thing, but why pay that to take home?
Because not all stores carry the bottles that some bars and restaurants are allocated or keep on the reserve list.
i could see that.. But if think a restaurant would want you to drink the beer there; high chance you're going to get food.
62strat
AG
quote:
I'm always amazed when I walk into Safeway in California (or Walgreens even) and see liquor for sale. The day/time/holiday/lunar vortex relative positioning/etc doesnt matter. They are always willing to sell you the hard stuff.
I grew up in Louisiana; saw this as well.
aggiechris06
AG

Stone Master of Disguise....with my eyes closed I swear I'm drinking a slightly inferior Founders Breakfast Stout. Thoughts y'all??

Also, apologies if you can't recognize me in the pic due to my undercover efforts.
Jock 07
AG
Nothing crazy, just a damn good solid beer

62strat
AG
I've got a stone master in the cellar. This pic puzzled me, it's a stout, blonde in color?? Kind of remember reading that on label but not certain.
aggiechris06
AG
Exactly. As they say, it's the stout counterpart to a black IPA. However, I would go so far as to say it's all stout with the singular exception of color. At least black IPAs have some sort of hybrid characteristics
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Nothing crazy, just a damn good solid beer

http://i.imgur.com/cpQGUONl.jpg

Hahahaha.

It is a good beer, but I had to laugh at your post because I have a friend that uses Grand Cru as his comparison to EVERYTHING. Every new beer he tries, regardless of the style, is "well it's no Grand Cru". It's a running joke we have between a few of us.
AgEng06
AG
Dp
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drinking my only Bourbon Barrel Temptress tonight... wish I would have cane across more of them.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Drinking my only Bourbon Barrel Temptress tonight... wish I would have cane across more of them.
That's 1 more than I was able to find
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
I've got a stone master in the cellar. This pic puzzled me, it's a stout, blonde in color?? Kind of remember reading that on label but not certain.

Yeah. That beer is a trip. It tastes like it should but doesn't look it at all.
Jock 07
AG
It looks like a local liquor store here got their hands on BCBCS and are releasing it tomorrow at 6. Limit one bottle
steve00
AG
Because 24 oz isn't enough

Just kidding. I use it to cook yellow rice.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Me too. Though I did pop open my only Prairie Noir.

Great googly moogly....

maca1028
quote:
quote:

That's one more than I've ever had
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
It looks like a local liquor store here got their hands on BCBCS and are releasing it tomorrow at 6. Limit one bottle

Where?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too. Though I did pop open my only Prairie Noir.

Great googly moogly....

I have one of those in the closet. How is it?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Where?
Veteran's liquor at Austin bluffs & N Academy
Scriffer
AG
quote:
I have one of those in the closet. How is it?

On a scale of 1 to 10...

10 1/2
bevokilla
AG
quote:

I had mine last week. The nose was terrible but it did taste exactly like a stout. Was a very interesting beer
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Let me get this straight, I can buy a fat sack of the stickiest of icky but not a bottle of beer???

Parry's pizza here near my house has a great bottle list (for at the restaurant), but they are twice as much as the store. Drinking there with food is one thing, but why pay that to take home?
Because not all stores carry the bottles that some bars and restaurants are allocated or keep on the reserve list.
i could see that.. But if think a restaurant would want you to drink the beer there; high chance you're going to get food.

I think you're taking my post on some bomb ass chronic a little too seriously.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
62strat
AG
Ahh touch.
62strat
AG
Ahh touche
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think you're taking my post on some bomb ass chronic a little too seriously.
Ahh, touche
army01
AG
Strat seems to be a bit high with the 3 responses...
DallasAggie2012
AG
I have some extra BBT from this year if anyone would wanna do a local trade or something simple. I'm always just looking to try some new stuff I can't normally get hands on up in Dallas.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Also, the Sin Mint Temptress is pretty awesome if you can find it on tap. I know Ft Worth CM has some as well as Craft & Growler. Definitely worth at least trying.
army01
AG
quote:
Also, the Sin Mint Temptress is pretty awesome if you can find it on tap. I know Ft Worth CM has some as well as Craft & Growler. Definitely worth at least trying.
Damn it...I was just there yesterday. Carpooled with the wife today, so no side trips on the way home.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Aw man! Yeah I called yesterday and they didn't have it, but I figured I'd try again today and got lucky. It's probably one of my favorite variations of the Temptress yet. I don't know how much they got either, so I am not sure how long it will last.
bthotugigem05
AG
Just tried the Bourbon Barrel Bomb. It was amazing, as expected. What wasn't amazing was the price Flying Saucer charged: $25 for a 12oz bottle.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Just tried the Bourbon Barrel Bomb. It was amazing, as expected. What wasn't amazing was the price Flying Saucer charged: $25 for a 12oz bottle.

Prairie is good but they are way too proud of their brews. I wonder if Oklahoma laws are what keep their prices so high...
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Prairie is good but they are way too proud of their brews. I wonder if Oklahoma laws are what keep their prices so high...

I'd say it's because people keep buying the beer.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd say it's because people keep buying the beer.

I buy it but I would buy 3x as much of it was $5 a 12oz instead of $8.
txag2008
AG
Same goes for JK
First Page Last Page
Page 596 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.