Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,685 Views | 62612 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by dave99ag
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did you think of the '13 BBT? I broke mine out on Christmas Eve. I am not sold that aging lends to a better flavor with a milk stout yet. I thought it was still very good, but from what I remembered about the fresh '13 BBT, I enjoyed the fresh more.

I drank it pretty close to the '14 BBT as well, and I enjoyed the '14 BBT more than the '13 BBT after a year.
62strat
AG
Yeh I've never seen a growler fill outside of the brewery. Like Jock says, grocery stores are 3.2. So you could theoretically get a growler of a berliner weisse or the like.. but I've never seen it.

The 1 conservative law really in an otherwise very open and beer friendly state. I don't mind it, as a large dedicated liquor store can carry so much more variety of beer than a grocery anyway.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Any College Station drunks around Friday at 5:00pm or so? I have about an hour to kill and wouldn't mind cracking open a nice bottle. I actually arrive tomorrow night around 8:30pm but that might be too late for those that have to work the next day.
I'm in!! I'm sure you already knew that.
La Fours
AG
Just saw that JK is releasing another Dichotomous beer this weekend. Autumnal Dichotomous - squash, long pepper (not sure wtf this is) and sage.

And I didn't put it in the last JK post I did about The Worst Twin Ever, or whatever it is called, but that is being released Jan. 16th.
La Fours
AG
Aren't the liquor stores open on Sunday's there as well? Or is that a national thing?
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
Any College Station drunks around Friday at 5:00pm or so? I have about an hour to kill and wouldn't mind cracking open a nice bottle. I actually arrive tomorrow night around 8:30pm but that might be too late for those that have to work the next day.
I'm in!! I'm sure you already knew that.
Does anywhere on Northgate allow a BYO type thing? The bars here are usually cool about it if you pour a taste for the bartender. I have dinner at 7:00pm so I cant stay too long.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Aren't the liquor stores open on Sunday's there as well? Or is that a national thing?
They are
Two Down
AG
I am sure neckbeards are already lining up at the downtown Specs...

DR 5 re-released as DR15, BA version to be BB8

quote:
More than seven years after the limited release of Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 5, the recipe for the highly regarded beer is slated to return. Saint Arnold Brewing Company, the oldest craft brewery in Texas, will first release it in barrel-aged form as Saint Arnold Bishop's Barrel No. 8 and then two weeks later as Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 15 (not barrel-aged).
Like last Bishop's Barrel release, it will be limited to on-premises sales only, starting Jan. 12.

DR15 will be released Jan. 26, available at retailers, etc.

EDIT: DR5 was a Russian Imperial Stout.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Another bourbon-barrel RIS? Meh.
La Fours
AG
Yeah Blackwater Draw does. Or at least they used to. I'll ask.
La Fours
AG
So I just called and asked, and was told no.
BSD
AG
Those *******s!

What about O'Bannons? That guy posts here from time to time.
La Fours
AG
Well since both places are owned by the same guy, I would assume the same answer.
La Fours
AG
Got this from Maca yesterday. Thanks dude!!

All new ticks. Can't wait to try them.
BSD
AG
quote:
Well since both places are owned by the same guy, I would assume the same answer.

I'll be damned. Did not know that.
maca1028
Enjoy
K Bo
AG
After a stressful day of dealing with UPS, my RRBC haul is finally home!

12x Pliny
3x Supplication
3x Consecration
1x Beatification
Jock 07
AG
So apparently my local beer bar might have an inside connection to a somewhat regular supply of Casey stuff, saison and fruit stand.
La Fours
AG
Bottles to go?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Bottles to go?

Unfortunately not here due to stupid ass Colorado laws
BSD
AG
Let me get this straight, I can buy a fat sack of the stickiest of icky but not a bottle of beer???
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Let me get this straight, I can buy a fat sack of the stickiest of icky but not a bottle of beer???

Pretty much. From my understanding no to go bottles from bars here.
La Fours
AG
Maybe you can work out something off the books.
NColoradoAG
Eventually the Casey stuff will be more available. He's only been brewing for 10 months. The saison should be pretty regular once there's more barrels. There's other brews hes planning that will take 2+years before there's enough to blend
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Got this from Maca yesterday. Thanks dude!!

All new ticks. Can't wait to try them.
Had the Ambree over Christmas, thought it was pretty good
La Fours
AG
This is pretty dang good.

cc10106
Agreed. I enjoyed the first batch, but the new one is much better and has been my go-to beer recently.
62strat
AG
quote:
Why wouldn't you just go to the store and not pay the premium at a bar?

Parry's pizza here near my house has a great bottle list (for at the restaurant), but they are twice as much as the store. Drinking there with food is one thing, but why pay that to take home?
62strat
AG
quote:
This varies state to state. Tx - No, Co - Yes.

Also open later, some till 11, maybe even midnight? Not sure the latest the law allows.

No liquor on Sunday's seems pretty stupid to me. Where did that come from anyway?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Also open later, some till 11, maybe even midnight? Not sure the latest the law allows.

No liquor on Sunday's seems pretty stupid to me. Where did that come from anyway?
prudes
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

Jesus
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
Why wouldn't you just go to the store and not pay the premium at a bar?

Parry's pizza here near my house has a great bottle list (for at the restaurant), but they are twice as much as the store. Drinking there with food is one thing, but why pay that to take home?
Because not all stores carry the bottles that some bars and restaurants are allocated or keep on the reserve list.
BSD
AG
I'm always amazed when I walk into Safeway in California (or Walgreens even) and see liquor for sale. The day/time/holiday/lunar vortex relative positioning/etc doesnt matter. They are always willing to sell you the hard stuff.
erushing
Illinois is also like that. You can buy liquor at virtually any grocery store or gas station just about anytime you want.
steve00
AG
Barrel aged Quad. Pretty tasty.

First Page Last Page
Page 595 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.