Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,067 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by swampstander
Marooned_n_Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That porter does look good. Can't say that I've seen it but if I do it will be sampled!!
army01
AG
Clown Shoes Lubrication. I'd drink another.

p-wonk01
AG
quote:
A limited release in the 924 Widmer series... I think this is the best porter I've ever had, and towards the top beer overall. I really wish I had bought more than one when I saw them.

Do...Want...
gordo97
AG
i also found rogue voodoo at whole foods on wilcrest/westheimer..... pretty excited to try it
jetch17
AG
about 6 left at lunch at HEB bunker for yall seeking it

jetch17
AG
picked up some of that Hop Stoopid, though ... havent tried it yet.
62strat
AG
man hop stoopid was one of the first bombers I tried many years ago when I got into ipas.

102 ibu 4 u. hah

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 3/20/2012 2:30p).]
713nervy
AG
I can't drink more than 12 oz of beer on a week night at home. Bombers are a pain in my ass.
jetch17
AG
have you become a lightweight living up there?
713nervy
AG
Nope, I just don't want to become an extra fat.
Pahdz
anyone ever had this? just picked up a 6'er on the way home (apologies if it's been addressed earlier in the thread)

62strat
AG
dark rain? hah.. reminds me of this guy
jetch17
AG
quote:
Nope, I just don't want to become an extra fat.

I'm working on it
jetch17
AG
Strat
army01
AG
Dessert....

quote:

Jock 07
AG
Hop Stoopid is some good ****; had it on tap over in MT a couple months ago
Marooned_n_Aggieland
army, is the Lefty Milk Nitro really any better than normal Lefty Milk? I want to try but rather not buy a full 6er if it is essentially the same as Lefty Milk, which is good enough but I've already had it.
army01
AG
Taste is the same, but the creaminess of the nitro wins out for me.

I purchased a single bottle, but might pick up a full 6 pack. I really liked it.
BSD
AG
Just got this delivered!

jetch17
62strat
AG
I love whisky, and I love beer. But I just can't drink too much if this. The bourbon barrel hell fighter.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 3/21/2012 5:54p).]

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 3/22/2012 8:31a).]
jetch17
AG
thats how i was with the Pontificator. I like it for what it is, but dont want more than about half of one.
62strat
AG
I went to rockwell tavern for the first time on a Wed., which is when they do the bottle exchange. Had a good turn out, got to try a few I've never had before. Didn't stay for them all though. Here was the full list;
My Homebrew Belgian Tripel IPA, Stone Old Guardian Barleywine, Avery/Russian River Collaboration not Litigation, Green Flash Trippel Ale, Avery DuganA IPA, 2007 Budweiser Brewmasters Private Reserve Doppelbock, Chatoe Rogue First Growth Single Malt Ale, Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout, Chatoe Rogue First Growth Creek Ale, Clown Shoes Eagle Claw Fist.
The budweiser was pretty dang cool. It's the only time a bud product showed up.

Lots of glasses to fill! (that's only half of em.. there were 18 I think, just about an ounce a piece.)

Also, someone brought a quart of the bourbon barrel hell fighter from hay merchant. So the way it works is, different bars around town can buy a barrel from whatever distillery they want, give it to karbach, and karbach will age their beer in it, then give it back to the bar so they can tap it.
The one on tap at rockwell was karbachs version, they aged it in a barrel that had previously stored 3 different bourbons, evan williams, elijah craig, and Old Fitzgerald. The haymerchant stored theirs in a buffalo trace barrel. So we did some side by side, and it's def. a huge difference. I liked haymerchants better. A little less bourbony and a bit more sweetness/caramel to it compared to karbachs.
We didn't have it, but they said flying saucer stored theirs in a makers mark barrel. I had no idea this was being done.. cool to know.

Think I'll start going to more of these. Saw a handful of aggie rings there..
aggiespartan
AG
hbc is at work, so I went and did a little shopping

NColoradoAG

Breakfast for desert. These have been cellared since thanksgiving. Coffee flavor mellowed just right. I thought the coffee was a touch too much when fresh. Chocolate has come along nicely with time. Sweet, creamy, and has the perfect bitter coffee finish.
army01
AG
Nothing too exciting tonight, but 2 new beers for me. First up, a Rahr & Sons La Grange. Not a fan at all. Only the 2nd Rahr offering I have not enjoyed, but I'm not really of fan of the farmhouse/saison style

Had to have something to save the night. The Real Ale 15th Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout:

Much better.
helgs
AG
I really like La Grange for some reason. I really like Saisons, though. It's not the best of the style, but for a Texas beer, it's not too shabby.
gordo97
AG
I made it to the promise land...... Having lunch at RRBC right now
BSD
AG
Get the sampler! And if they have Happy Hops on tap, go ahead and get a growler. It's a damn fine pale ale.
duck79
AG
I'm on the way home and have a Dogfish 75 Minute IPA ready.
gordo97
AG
Had a sampler of "California" side of the board + a couple of sours aged in wine barrels from the other board..... They didn't have happy hops at this time.... Some tasty IPAs but I really loved their pale ales
helgs
AG
Bought this on a whim. Pretty good!

AggieOO
went and bout some stuff from left coast, but ended up only drinking my own stuff.

First up tried my Road Rash Wheat (blood orange wheat). Still a little early, as i only bottled a week ago, but it's going to be good.

Second went for my Quadrupel. Pretty tasty, but needs to age a lot more. brewed it on 1.20. it probably needs about 2-3 months of bottle conditioning before it gets really good.

Last is my current favorite. Rosemary wheat. this was an experiment small batch, so I don't have a lot of it, but it will definitely be brewed again. It's fantastic.
army01
AG
After a long week, I decided to step it up tonight. I've been saving this bottle for a few weeks. I'll be buying another.

[This message has been edited by army01 (edited 3/24/2012 12:23p).]
AggieOO
On my way to the adelbert's grand opening party!
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.