Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,824 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by La Fours
CollinAB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The new look seems to have fixed all the pictures that stretched the pages out. Now if only it wasn't so left-aligned.
maca1028
Has anyone in Houston seen 011 lately? I told an out of state friend I'd try to find one for him
Echoes97
AG
Maca, I've got one I would trade for something, feel free to pm or email if you're in Houston or will be in CS for the games (I'm there for all home games).

Email is Txaggies@gmail.com
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anyone here had a Founders Dissenter? Probably my favorite new find of 2014.
army01
AG
I've liked dissenter, but would have preferred it in a 4 pack as opposed to one of their bombers.
Jock 07
AG
CO folks, if y'all find y'all's selves down in the springs in the not too distant future trinity actually has a pretty decent sour ipa on tap called super juice solution. If they bottled it I'd bring it down for the bottle share. NColorado, I still owe you the swingline variants unless you've already picked them up yourself.
turfman80
AG
Its still hot as hell, but fall is in the air, so I'm on the back patio enjoying a KBS while watching about 40 hummingbirds go after the three feeders I have out. I'm old school and lazy, so instead of a smartphone pic, imagine a third full Cigar City snifter with a dark chocolate colored brew with a light, clinging tan ring.
maca1028
quote:
Maca, I've got one I would trade for something, feel free to pm or email if you're in Houston or will be in CS for the games (I'm there for all home games).

Email is Txaggies@gmail.com

I ended up finding a place that has a few bottles left
cc10106
quote:
Has anyone in Houston seen 011 lately? I told an out of state friend I'd try to find one for him

@ExclusiveFood3 near 45N in the Spring area tweeted the other day they had some, and the main one off West and Telge in Cypress probably still has some. Both usually mark the F.U.N. series bottles up to $20, just fyi.

edit: whoops, nevermind
NColoradoAG
Phischy is moving to Houston
Jason_Ag98
AG
Picked up a Firestone Walker Double DBA today. Anyone had it?
La Fours
AG
quote:
Its still hot as hell, but fall is in the air, so I'm on the back patio enjoying a KBS while watching about 40 hummingbirds go after the three feeders I have out. I'm old school and lazy, so instead of a smartphone pic, imagine a third full Cigar City snifter with a dark chocolate colored brew with a light, clinging tan ring.
BSD
AG
quote:

Good. I hope he looks me up. I'd like to discuss something with him.

jah003
S
quote:

Excellent pick up... Last year they'll be making it. It's an interesting beer, hard to compare to much of anything. Had a 2013 when it was released last year and I was pretty impressed. A ton of coconut and barrel characteristics...
La Fours
AG
quote:
La Fours
AG
quote:
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Someone figure out where and drop off a sizer or 12 pack of stones on his door with a welcome to the neighborhood note on it
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Someone figure out where and drop off a sizer or 12 pack of stones on his door with a welcome to the neighborhood note on it
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I'd strongly suggest getting at least two and aging one. DDBA and Sucaba both get much better with age IMO.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:
I'd strongly suggest getting at least two and aging one. DDBA and Sucaba both get much better with age IMO.

Getting two may be easier said than done - my local store only got six bottles and had a limit of one. I'll keep an eye out, though.
maca1028
Just stumbled across NoCo's source...good thing I live in the sticks.
jah003
S
quote:
Oh yea... He's all over the Texas Thread on TB now... it's so hard not to troll him.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
Oh yea... He's all over the Texas Thread on TB now... it's so hard not to troll him.

My thoughts exactly, that about asking him how Freddy in San Diego was.
corndog04
AG
Heading to Bend on Friday for 2014 Dissident release.
BSD
AG
It's almost that time! Boobies and beer!!! My two (well, 3 actually) favorite things in the world.

maca1028
How hard are those to get ahold of on the west coast BSD? Is it something that sells out quickly like beat?
BSD
AG
The first time I went out there in '11, it was 2 bottles per person and it lasted a few weeks. In '12, they raised it to 6 a person and after a brief 12 bottle allocation last year, it dropped back to 6 and lasted a week or so in bottles. It shouldn't be too hard to get.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Heading to Bend on Friday for 2014 Dissident release.

Nice
Jason_Ag98
AG
Lagunitas Sucks tonight. Love this stuff.
jah003
S
Lost out on the lottery for the ABW 99 pack today at the local HEB. Too bad... Would have been pretty sweet for tailgating on Saturday.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Starting the NFL season off right.

BSD
AG
My favorite!
BSD
AG
Ok, Houston drunks. There isn"t much beer left but here is what I have for sale on this round. I figure I"ll treat this like an equity IPO and allocate based on history, order size, and whether or not I like you, of course. Also, those that help me out most will receive first crack at the next beers I"ll be selling (tasty sours). Prices are estimates of what I paid.

Prairie noir x2 $9

Prairie coffee noir x2 $9

Prairie vanilla noir $9

BFM square root 225 anniversary saison $9

Rochefort 10 $6

Kane Brewing Apiary $13

Half acre chocolate camaro $10

Brooklyn black ops "12 $25

Black Diamond brewing Peak XV $10

Lips of Faith imperial Choc coffee stout "12 $6

Revolution Mene Gene $15

Moa imperial stout aged in Pinot barrels $6

Stone Russian imperial stout x3 $8

Iron fist dark days $10

Central Waters Peruvian Morning $5

Firestone Walker 16 $20

Also for sale are some accidental shiners (the bottles, not the brewery). I had a humidity issue in an old fridge about a year or two ago and all of the labels started to peel off when I moved them to new beverage centers. The beer is fine but to avoid having the labels fall off completely and me not know what beer was what, I preemptively pulled the labels and just wrote what the beer was on the bottle. At the time, I didn"t know that I"d never really drink again, so I wasn"t thinking that the resale (or trade) value would be diminished. I had always planned on drinking them. So here is what I"m offering, pick the beer you want, and if it doesn"t live up to the standards you expect out of me, I"ll refund your money.

Laurelwood roast espresso stout $9

Jolly Pumpkin bam noire 7-12-11 $12

Jolly Pumpkin la roja ("11) $12

Jolly Pumpkin ES Bam hoppy farmhouse ale ("11) $12

Black Butte "23 x 2 $20

Mission brewery Russian imperial stout $8

Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale 22oz $?

Southern tier Chocolat Stout ("12) $10

Midnight sun Obliteration American imperial stout IX $15

So there it is. Hit me up if you have an interest. Email is in my profile.

And thank you.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Dibs on the FSW 16.
AggieOO
Opened up not y he stoic. Pretty solid, though a little boozy.
First Page Last Page
Page 512 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.