Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,667 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Email sent NoCo
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Beer threaders, convince me to bring this magnum of Casey Blending and Brewing Saison batch 2 to the Ole miss bottleshare

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 8/9/2014 5:07p).]

If you bring that, I'll bring Batch 1 RU55. I'll send you an email in regards to 3F/Cantillon tomorrow as well.
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG
quote:
NorCol, how about you bring it to the South Carolina game instead?

Hahaha, not taking any beer to that one, just bringing back tons of Westbrook. Are you guys going to the game? Spending any time in Charleston?
NColoradoAG
quote:

NCol are they distributing to the Denver metro or did you drive out there to grab a bottle?

A few of us decided to drive up because they were raffling off two magnums. There was a lot of beer left today so I imagine plenty will come down.

I highly recommend the visit. It's a long drive, but Glenwood is always a nice place to spend the night. You should take the better half up for a hike at Hanging Lake, dinner, and then sneak over to the taproom. They're not keeping regular hours right now though, just the releases.

Cherry Sour is being released 9/4. Apricot, Peach, BlackBerry, and Plum saison being released 10/4. I may skip GABF altogether as it sounds like a charter bus may be happening on 10/4.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 8/9/2014 11:44p).]
NColoradoAG
I'll start an email convo with everyone tomorrow.
La Fours
AG
Oh and I got that gueuze at Specs here in CS.
cc10106
Boulevard's Dark Truth Stout is the truth.
army01
AG
quote:
So Army01 is a badass. We had messaged about meeting up for a beer and maybe him grabbing a bottle for me that I can't find here. Well this dude shows up with this.

A LoF Kreik, a BA Temptress and a couple regular Temptresses as well. Thank you so much. I'm going to find a way to get you back.

Glad you enjoyed the LoF. And as good as Temptress is, the BBA version kills it.

This week was crazy, but did manage to grab a beer for IPA day with my classmates. A Karbach Hopadillo at a nice little joint.

FtBendTxAg
AG
the Temptress is one thing I'm going to miss about the Big D.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

I almost grabbed one the other day
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
So Army01 is a badass. We had messaged about meeting up for a beer and maybe him grabbing a bottle for me that I can't find here. Well this dude shows up with this.

A LoF Kreik, a BA Temptress and a couple regular Temptresses as well. Thank you so much. I'm going to find a way to get you back.

Glad you enjoyed the LoF. And as good as Temptress is, the BBA version kills it.

This week was crazy, but did manage to grab a beer for IPA day with my classmates. A Karbach Hopadillo at a nice little joint.

Hey I recognize that stick
Hub05
AG
quote:
Hahaha, not taking any beer to that one, just bringing back tons of Westbrook. Are you guys going to the game? Spending any time in Charleston?

I will be driving up to Charleston Wednesday and should arrive around 2pm. I plan on going to Westbrook Brewery that afternoon. I will be bringing plenty of good beer to share in Charleston or tailgate with.
We haven't booked hotels yet, so any recommendations on where other Ags are staying is would be great.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

I will be driving up to Charleston Wednesday and should arrive around 2pm. I plan on going to Westbrook Brewery that afternoon. I will be bringing plenty of good beer to share in Charleston or tailgate with.
We haven't booked hotels yet, so any recommendations on where other Ags are staying is would be great.

We get in at 6 pm on Wednesday and are staying through Sunday. Rented a house in Isle of Palms so we're driving to and from Columbia on GameDay.

I'm gonna stuff myself with oysters at happy hour on Friday. I think I'll hit Westbrook on Saturday when they open and then the wife and I will beach it for a bit. We're having our fourth anniversary dinner on Saturday night.
Jock 07
AG
I can't remember who was asking about Colorado Springs beer stores, but powers liquor mart off of powers has ~12 bottles of consecration just hanging out on the shelf. 13.99

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 8/10/2014 2:19p).]
Jock 07
AG
If anyone has a lead on 2 extra tickets to the members GABF session, I might be interested. Wife's cousin's husband is talking about flying in from CA but can't do the Thursday session which I'm already going to.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Been digging Ballast Point beers out of San Diego lately. Had their IPA 1st, a couple months ago (highly recommend for the IPA drinkers out there), and lager for the 1st time this weekend.

Grapevine brewery Lakefire is a rye pale ale that is getting easier to find around DFW. Had it before when out that way but saw it in store in Allen this weekend for the 1st time.

All 3 come in 6-pack cans.
jetch17
AG
Fresh sculpin is always a beer boner
Vernada
AG
Had a bottle of 007 earlier.
jetch17
AG
Shaken not stirred?
streetfighter2012
AG
Working through a Blackberry Dark Origins from Crooked Stave. I'm liking it more and more as it warms up. Would like to try it side by side with Jester King's Nocturn Chrysalis.
maca1028
Does anyone have a report on real ale gose?
La Fours
AG
I really liked the Real Ale Gose. It is very citrusy but highly crushable. Not really like Westbrook Gose. I think Real Ale Gose would be even better if it had more salt. But I still enjoyed it.
BSD
AG
Had a 1/3 glass of Pliny. I just can't turn it down.
maca1028
Thanks la fours, looks like I'll be picking some up tomorrow.
La Fours
AG
Had New Republic Whipsaw and Warimono tonight. Both are very good. The Warimono is a Belgian trippel and it's fantastic. Floral with tropical fruit notes. Really, really good.
BSD
AG
I finally got to try Bible Belt tonight. I brought one out west for a buddy and he opened it after dinner. Good stuff.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Picked up a Pumking and Warlock from Southern Tier tonight. Do these stay available all fall or are they limited release?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Spent the afternoon at Russian River and enjoyed it immensely. Winding down with a Port Brewing Mongo now.
Jock 07
AG
Fresh Mongo is excellent
WorkBoots09
AG
I finally tried Boiler Room this weekend, and I was fairly impressed. I don't much care for berlinerweisse, but that was not bad. Wifey liked it so much we went home with a growler of it. I didn't mind because it was the cheapest growler on the menu.

Also got to try Lakewood's Lion Share II. The write up on it is all kinds of crazy, but it involves wine barrells, mixed batches of berlinerweisse, black currants, unicorn pee, etc. I liked it.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Been digging Ballast Point beers out of San Diego lately. Had their IPA 1st, a couple months ago

Sculpin is one of my top 3 IPAs, its great.
BSD
AG
quote:
Spent the afternoon at Russian River and enjoyed it immensely. Winding down with a Port Brewing Mongo now.

Nice! I was about an hour away from there yesterday and thought about driving up for lunch but decided against it. It felt so wrong!!!
BSD
AG
There is a new brewery in San Francisco named Cellarmaker Brewing that my buddy speaks highly of. No bottles to go, just a tasting room and growlers. If y'all are out there, try to check it out. I wanted to swing by yesterday but had my son with me and the website states that it's 21 years and up so I didn't make it.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I finally tried Boiler Room this weekend, and I was fairly impressed. I don't much care for berlinerweisse, but that was not bad. Wifey liked it so much we went home with a growler of it. I didn't mind because it was the cheapest growler on the menu.

Also got to try Lakewood's Lion Share II. The write up on it is all kinds of crazy, but it involves wine barrells, mixed batches of berlinerweisse, black currants, unicorn pee, etc. I liked it.
First Page Last Page
Page 496 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.