Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,304 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by steve00
Hub05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranger, we need to grab a beer sometime.
Are you planning on going to the The Bell's event at the Wooly in downtown Gainesville tomorrow?
spadilly
S
Just finished a bomber of Clown Shoes Space Cake. To be honest, I was a little disappointed after reading reviews on BA and hearing the guy at Specs talk about it.

Glad I tried it, but I'll load up on Apex right now.
Ranger222
AG
I'm debating. If I knew Black Note and/or the Batch 9000 would be available at/after 8pm for the general admission I would be there, but their facebook event page makes it sound like they will just have the regular Bell's lineup at 8pm
MW03
AG
Craft and Growler has growlers of Bomb! $37
jah003
S
Just got back from a day at Jester King... Got there right at noon and the place was empty, left around 3 and it was still pretty empty. Saw Matt Chow... gave him the mental finger...

Had a chance to try Biere de Merlot (Grape) and Montmorency vs. Balaton (Cherry). The Merlot was the standout IMO... The Montmorency didn't have the "in your face Atrial style" fruit that I was expecting. They were both excellent, though.

Swung by a Twin Liquors on the way back and stumbled upon the last Sucaba, a few Coffee Noir's and a decent amount of RU55 from who knows when. Just grabbed the Sucaba since the wife was kind of giving me the 'ol stink eye. All in all... it was a good beer day.
jh0400
AG
St Arnold is releasing a new year-round beer next week.

maca1028
We were there too jah, I thought both m vs b and Merlot were good, wish Tempranillo would've been on tap. Stanley's did have greenhouse so I walked away with a couple of those.
Green Fairy
AG
Long, tired day at work after a night at the rodeo slamming beers.

Cracked open a Port Mongo DIPA. It's pretty dang good.

I still need to figure out how I'm getting from here to Jester King and back before next weekend comes and goes.
BQ08
AG
quote:
St Arnold is releasing a new year-round beer next week.

If it's half as good as ABW's einhorn, I'm sold.
La Fours
AG
Bodacious hits stores and bars March 24th.
jetch17
AG
I'm gonna Matt chow the sh*t out of that
dave99ag
AG
Visited Deschutes, Crux and Boneyard in Bend, Oregon today. Damn fine beers here and bringing a few bottles back with us.
Hub05
AG
The Wooly only sold 50 VIP tickets. After talking with a few guys on the beer side, their planning included having enough beer for a few pours to the general admission crowd

email me at username at outlook.com or message me on untappd and I will give you my contact info. Our plan tomorrow is to pre-game with a couple bottles at my friends place nearby and then walk over a little before 8
big-ag
AG
It's a SixPoint Hi-Res night tonight!
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
It's a SixPoint Hi-Res night tonight!

It's a clear out the fridge kinda night here. Fortunately that has been a Oaked arrogant ******* and a burton baton so far. Damn HEB make your own sixer is my nemesis.
bevokilla
AG
Goose Island Halia tonight. Pretty damn good beer but at $22ish I don't think id buy more than one a year
Echoes97
AG
Love me some Hi-Res, damn fine brew.
jah003
S
Just a heads up for those of your heading to JK in the near future... make a point to hit up the Twin Liquors at 71/620 on your way back.

Yesterday I spotted Greenhouse, Heavy Machinery, Sucaba (got the last one), Coffee & Vanilla Noir, RU55, Das Wunderkind, and Bomb & Pumpkinator in the back. The Bomb and Pumpkinator had stickies on them... so not sure if they were saving them for someone, but it's certainly worth asking.
gordo97
AG
Just got back from Chicago..... Drank all kinds of good stuff in the past few days, but brought back these bottles home with me:

Lost Abbey Deliverance Ale
Allagash Curieux
Innis & Gunn Ale
Dragon's Milk BBA Stout
Bruery White Oak
DaveHimself
AG
Nice. Big fan of Innis and Gunn. Had some in Vancouver last summer.
BSD
AG
Had a taste of FraGeeLay and BBA Hellfighter at BRC brunch today. They ran out of Clown Lounge last night so I'll try to catch that on the next release.
jetch17
AG
BSD I've got extra lounge if you want one to stow away
BSD
AG
'Purciate it but that is too much beer for me. I'll just sample off the BRC drafts and tip em out a few extra bucks for the effort. Oh yeah, if you want anything from JK, let me know. Heading out there Friday or Saturday.
Green Fairy
AG
It's a Drakes Hopocalypse and Almanac brandy barrel Peche kinda night.
La Fours
AG
Didn't go to JK today due to the rain. So looks like I'll try to head out there on Saturday.
The Beer and I
Beer haul from Florida. Wallet is hurting a little, but it was worth it.

turfman80
AG
Enjoying my favorite beer, FW Union Jack. Was in Dallas yesterday and able to land some semi-fresh 6 er's, since it is STILL not available in B/CS.
BSD
AG
quote:
Beer haul from Florida. Wallet is hurting a little, but it was worth it.

20+ hours of driving looks like it paid off!!!
The Beer and I
The trip back was fun, stopped at 3 breweries and stayed a night in New Orleans. Unfortunately, the breweries outside of Texas were not as family friendly as here, so I didn't spend nearly as much time at them as I had hoped.
Green Fairy
AG
Where all did you go? My wife and I and 2 y/o will be driving from Houston to gulf shores in late April. I'm sure I could convince the wife to stop....especially since this is a family trip with all of her siblings and their families and the MIL. We gonna need a drank.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 3/15/2014 8:55p).]
The Beer and I
On the advice of my WF beer guy, I went to Parish Brewing. It's about 10 miles south of Lafayette. I haven't tried it yet, their website said it was against Louisiana law to have minors in the taprooms. I did get a couple of growlers and bombers to go, so I'll let you know how it is. Also had a few beers from NOLA that were pretty good. Just go to the French Quarter and drink there, they get pretty good distribution.

Lazy Magnolia is in Kiln, Mississippi. I've ha their Timber Beast, pretty good. But we didn't stop at their brewery.
jetch17
AG
Let me reiterate the quiero for a toadies glass for anyone attending the Martin house brewing toadies release
army01
AG
quote:
Just had an Apex tonight, agree it's pretty awesome. Don't know if I enjoyed it as much as Clown Shoes Space Cake, but damn close.

Even Phischey would admit that Space Cake is the tits...
Hub05
AG
Last nights spoils:
DB and Regular Huna

and $6 pours of Black note and BA9k

Bmac04
First Page Last Page
Page 407 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.