Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,717,247 Views | 62712 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by SoTxAg
weezonjon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone asked about an 001 Bodacious. I may have 2 in my vertical. May be able to part with one depending on what there is to trade. May also have 2 004 Roll in the Hay's.
jh0400
AG
I'm interested in the 004. I can trade one of the JK beers (MONTMORENCY VS. BALATON or CERVEZA DE TEMPRANILLO) later this month or a Pliny/RRBC sour next month.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 3/4/2014 10:24a).]
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:
On a slightly less baller note, I had Lakewood's The Temptress for the first time tonight. This stuff is really good, especially for a regular release.

+1. DFW Breweries have put out some solid regular releases that encourage drinking local. Temptress, Community Moasiac IPA, Revolver Blood & Honey, etc. It's really nice to be able to get at least one of these on tap at any bar/restaurant place.

Co-sign. Big fan of Community Mosaic. Haven't had Blood & Honey, but I hear good things.
Robert C. Christian
AG
400!
army01
AG
Personally, I am not a Huge bottled Blood and Honey fan. But it is a solid choice on draft.
jh0400
AG
I've never had it on draft, but I will have family pick some up for me when they are in Dallas. I don't mind it, and my wife really likes it.
BSD
AG
400 pages? Wow! Good work, yall.

PS It looks like NCol has been drinking too much again http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2014/March/The-New-USA-Secession-Movement-Gains-Steam/
bevokilla
AG
Pretty excited to take this week off from tracking down beer releases
WorkBoots09
AG
Glad that DFW Breweries are getting some love on here. Blood and Honey is good, but Revolver's seasonal Stout - Mother's Little Fracker is by far my favorite DFW product. The Temptress is a photo-finish second.

Mosaic IPA is very good, but Cedar Creek's Gone A-Rye is just outstanding. Another seasonal, but what the heck. Some good year round offerings are Community's Public Ale, Deep Ellum's IPA, Grapevine Craft's Monarch Wheat, and of course Martin House's Imperial Texan.

I'm heading to Winter Park later this week, so I'll try to hit up some Denver and Fraser watering holes. Winter Park Resort has a pretty good bottle shop as well. Knocked out about 30 new-to-me brews last year, let's see if I can beat the high score.
aggiechris06
AG
PAGE 400!!!

How could we possibly celebrate such an accomplishment??

More beer!
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
aggiechris, where are you located?

Houston...Pearland/med center
Two Down
AG
Weeeonjon - I never got a chance to pick up the a Bodacious when they first hit, so I would definitely be up for a potential trade.

I know Jetch mentioned it first though, so I will give him first dibs. If he passes, though - I am definitely interested.
turfman80
AG
jah, just curious what you sent to receive such an awesome haul.
cpscAG06
AG
aggiechris, I will go by Market Street tomorrow and if I pick up some I can ship them to you if you would like.
dave99ag
AG
Cracked open a Sucks for the evening and Page 400!

Dreaming about all the good beer I'll be drinking next week in Bend, Oregon.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

I'm heading to Winter Park later this week,

There's a fair to midland chance I might be there Thurs
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
aggiechris, I will go by Market Street tomorrow and if I pick up some I can ship them to you if you would like.

Where are you shipping from?? Never done the shopping thing so how much overall are we taking cost wise?

really curious to hear where you are that BCBCS is so available readily
aggiechris06
AG
Founders Imperial Stout for Mardi Gras before we shut it down for Lent...

...certainly fantastic, and a sipper. Love it but I still think FBS is tops as its a go to anytime and I would feel strange drinking a 10.5 abv in the mornings
The Beer and I
Finally getting to enjoy some Greenhouse IPA, thanks again jah!
jetch17
AG
Giving the vanilla a whirl for the first time ... No issues with leaks, rust or infection

jetch17
AG
It is a little 'musty' tasting ... I definately liked the coffee better
maca1028
Had a little surprise on the porch after a crazy busy day at work! Thanks for the hook up BSD! T definitely came through! These dudes are still cold!
tremble
AG
BCBS while watching the Rockets
jah003
S
quote:
Finally getting to enjoy some Greenhouse IPA, thanks again jah!

Glad it made it there safely. I liked batch 1 just a little bit more, but batch 2 is still pretty awesome.
jah003
S
quote:
jah, just curious what you sent to receive such an awesome haul.

I think I ended up sending:
Funk Metal X1
Atrial X2
Boxers Revenge X1
Bomb X2
Noir X1
JK Glassware X3

One of the Bombs and the Noir were extra. It's amazing what JK (specifically Atrial) will get you when trading...

In other JK news, just read today that their head brewer left to start his own brewery. He was the "brains" behind Atrial...
Coy94
AG
jh0400,

I have a Karbach 004 remaining that I will be willing to trade for a Pliny or RRBC sour (preferably Pliny). Let me know what you think and I might have more to add to a trade.

My email is coyh 94 @ gmail . com (remove spaces, of course)

Coy94
cpscAG06
AG
aggiechris, I live in Southlake. About 10 min away from that Market Street. A lot of places got BCBCS, but Market Street is the only place that it has lingered. At around $5 for a 12 oz bottle, it is flying off the shelves.

if I ship 2 bottles, it will cost about $10-15. Does that work?
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Revolver's seasonal Stout - Mother's Little Fracker

... Martin House's Imperial Texan....

YESSIR
maca1028
Any bourbon drinkers in here? I'm trying to unload a 2011 garrison bros. I like bourbon/scotch/whiskey, but I like them with a little sprite and this one isn't meant to be mixed.
big-ag
AG
Had 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket at Total Wine yesterday. Picked up some Martin House Imperial Texan, Cedar Creek Scruffy's Smoked Alt, Sixpoint Hi-Res, Full Sail Cascade Pilsner, and a Stone Matt's Burning Rosids.

Went with variety over familiarity. Never had any of them. Should be a good weekend!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hey guys,

Been a long time lurker of this thread, but finally decided to jump into the action. Love all the beer talk as a fellow DFW resident that's greatly enjoyed seeing the craft beer scene explode over the last couple years. Would love to hear what you guys think are some of your favorite DFW beers at the moment?

Also, how often do you guys trade or swap beers on here? It would be nice to find some people to regularly swap with in the other major TX cities.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Any bourbon drinkers in here? I'm trying to unload a 2011 garrison bros. I like bourbon/scotch/whiskey, but I like them with a little sprite and this one isn't meant to be mixed.

Don't try posting this in the bourbon thread. You'll get massacred.
big-ag
AG
quote:
Would love to hear what you guys think are some of your favorite DFW beers at the moment?

Some of my local go-to's when out.

Deep Ellum IPA
Four Corners Local Buzz
Franconia Dunkel
Peticolas Velvet Hammer
Lakewood Temptress
WorkBoots09
AG
Jock 07, we'll still be flying into Denver on Thursday. Won't make it out to Fraser til Friday.
Jock 07
AG
Well enjoy, it looks like you'll be getting plenty of powder on Fri
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.