Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,638,299 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by La Fours
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
14000...damn

[This message has been edited by garlandag2012 (edited 3/5/2014 1:19p).]
spadilly
S
quote:
Would love to hear what you guys think are some of your favorite DFW beers at the moment?

Deep Ellum IPA is moving up my list. Great beer.
maca1028
quote:
Don't try posting this in the bourbon thread. You'll get massacred.

I figured that much
Robert C. Christian
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by FrioAg (edited 3/5/2014 1:44p).]
Robert C. Christian
AG
Some of the DFW brews that I enjoy:

Deep Ellum - IPA, Oak Cliff Coffee Ale
Community - Mosaic, Pale Ale
Franconia - Kolsch
Lakewood - Temptress
Revolver - Blood and Honey
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Kroger on 11th Street. **** 'em.
jh0400
AG
I really like the Deep Ellum Rye Pils.
Kyle98
AG
I had the Lakewood Rock Ryder the other day for the first time. Not too bad.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Seems like we may need to do a TexAgs Beer Thread DFW Brewery Tour/Meet Up Fun Times Festival.

One Saturday in Dallas... Hit Peticolas, Community, and Four Corner.

One Saturday in Fort Worth... Revolver then Martin House.
aggiejz
AG
Here's a thought/question...

Are any of y'all who participated in the bottle shares during football season (or anyone who didn't!) interested in doing one during baseball season? Maybe the LSU series at the beginning of May? Or even Florida in 2 weeks..?

Just an idea. I know some of y'all in other states probably wouldn't be able to make it, but figured I'd throw it out there just in case there was enough interest.

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 3/5/2014 3:55p).]
CollinAB
AG
I'm still just a short walk down the street, so I'd be interested.
jah003
S
I'd be down for a share... If there is anything I like more than Aggie Football and beer, it's Aggie Baseball and beer.

I'd volunteer to host as we used to have a prime location in the Olsen lot... But we got the boot this year. Not enough of those priority points.

I won't be able to make the Florida series (chaperoning a bunch of middle schoolers around San Antonio), but the LSU series looks good.
cpscAG06
AG
DonaldDraper, when should we do this?
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would be all for the DFW Brewery Tour/Fun Times Festival. We need to make this happen for sure!

Some of my DFW favorites are:
Lakewood Temptress and Hop Trapp
Community Mosaic IPA
Peticolas Velvet Hammer and Wintervention
Rahr Iron Thistle
Deep Ellum IPA

I also finally got to try some Atrial Rubicite this weekend when I went down to Jester King, and I have to say it lived up to its reputation I thought.
The Beer and I
Finally got a growler of Myrcenary, man that **** is awesome, definitely lives up to the hype.
Kyle98
AG
Anyone else going to the Big Texas Beer Fest on April 5 at Fair Park?
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
DonaldDraper, when should we do this?

For Dallas... Peticolas is only open to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month; 1-3 PM. Community and Four Corners are Brew Houses with extended hours. So I would envision hitting Peticolas for a tour then going by the other two after.

If we wanted to get real industrious, we could hit Deep Ellum from 12-1:15 PM then Peticolas from 1:30-3 then go to Community and Four Corners. But we would need a DD and a van.

For Fort Worth... Revolver is open from 12-3 and Martin House is open from 2-5 on Saturdays. I would say Revolver is a solid 45 minutes from Martin House. It is do-able but might be a bit far.
Quantum ace
AG
I have been focusing on bourbon more than beer over the last couple years, but a recent run through the St Arnolds BB lineup reminded me how much I love stouts, especially barrel aged stouts. Knowing that I am not going to find a shelf full of BCBCS, what are some stouts that I might actually be able to find with a moderate amount of effort?
Echoes97
AG
Founders Breakfast Stout is awesome as is their Imperial Stout. I also love Victory's "Storm King" stout, it's a little hoppier and less malt dominant than traditional stouts. If you like a little sweeter stout, Southern Tier's "Choklat" is awesome.

Just a few suggs, will add more later.
weezonjon
AG
For those that were interested in Bodacious and the 004 Roll in the Hay, I plan on going through my beer later next week to figure out what I have since I'll be on spring break. I'll let people know what I have and what you can trade for.

Also, I'm up for the Aggie Baseball bottle share. Sadly I missed out on the football ones.
Two Down
AG
Would just like to reiterate my interest in the Bodacious if no one else has dibs already.
Kyle98
AG
Headed to eastern Mississippi (Columbus/Starkville area) next week for work, flying into Birmingham, so I might try to see what's available there that I can't get here (DFW). Hoping for some Hopslam at the very least.

I'm still pretty new at expanding my craft beer horizons beyond the local stuff, and what's widely available (Stone, Sierra Nevada, etc).
DallasAggie2012
AG
Good work Draper!

I agree with you on the fact that Revolver would be tough to pair with another brewery because of the distance. Its pretty far outside of Fort Worth. We could pair Rahr & Sons with Martin House as well.

I think realistically to enjoy the beer the whole way through you would probably only be able to hit 3 breweries in a day in Dallas (Peticolas, Deep Ellum, and Community). You could do a different day in Dallas to hit some other ones as well like Lakewood, Four Corners, and maybe Grapevine Craft Brewery (open for tours 4/12) or Franconia.

Have any of y'all been out to Rabbit Hole Brewing yet?
Kyle98
AG
I haven't yet, but I want to. I live not far from Justin, so it's just a matter of freeing up a Saturday and doing it!
MW03
AG
Peticolas is right next the Moth... Just sayin
cpscAG06
AG
An AG is own of the partners at Four Corners.

Apparently, Matt Morriss at Rabbit Hole brewing is an AG too

[This message has been edited by cpscAG06 (edited 3/6/2014 12:34p).]
DallasAggie2012
AG
Good to know cpscAG! Maybe if we get a big enough group we can shoot a couple of those breweries an email and see about setting up either a private tour or something cool like that, especially if one of the brewmasters or owners is a fellow Aggie!
Kyle98
AG
I was told that the head brewer at Revolver is an Ag as well, as is one of the assistant brewers.
Bmac04
AG
Anybody else going out to JK on saturday?
Robert C. Christian
AG
I would be down for a DFW brewery visit.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I was told that the head brewer at Revolver is an Ag as well, as is one of the assistant brewers.

At fear of being a name dropper, I have been out to Revolver and seen him out in Fort Worth enough that I kind of know Grant Wood, Head Brewer and Aggie. And when I say know , he would probably recognize my face and pretend to know my name because I've cornered him to talk about beer and A&M. His wife and him are really enjoyable people to talk to and love Aggies.

I'm sure they would love the idea of a group of Ags coming out there.

[This message has been edited by DonaldFDraper (edited 3/6/2014 1:03p).]
MW03
AG
Make it a special cask of bourbon barrel blood and honey and I'm in. Ish would taste like a beer crossed with an old fashioned.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Make it a special cask of bourbon barrel blood and honey and I'm in. Ish would taste like a beer crossed with an old fashioned.

I know he was working on a barrel aged version of Mother's Little Fracker Stout. Not sure if any thing ever came of it.
Vernada
AG
Anyone going to check out Big Brew Houston in October?

Looks pretty cool.

http://www.bigbrewhouston.com/Home.aspx

(I haven't been on this thread in a while so apologies if yall have already talked about it.)
Kyle98
AG
quote:
At fear of being a name dropper, I have been out to Revolver and seen him out in Fort Worth enough that I kind of know Grant Wood, Head Brewer and Aggie. And when I say know , he would probably recognize my face and pretend to know my name because I've cornered him to talk about beer and A&M. His wife and him are really enjoyable people to talk to and love Aggies.

I'm sure they would love the idea of a group of Ags coming out there.

Very cool. My wife and I went to The Rustic in Dallas on Monday, and Scott from Revolver was there doing a Brewery Night with Blood and Honey. He gave the employees a talk on the beer and brewery. He stopped by our table after and talked to us for maybe 30-45 minutes about Revolver, and craft beer in general. Great guy, he probably stayed and chatted with us much longer than he had intended to. With the weather (that was the "ice" day), no one else came out for the Brewery Night.

He noticed my wife's A&M fleece and told us about Grant being an Ag, along with one of the assistant brewers (forgot the name).
First Page Last Page
Page 401 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.