Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,098 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by La Fours
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yessir

NColoradoAG
I really suck at posting pictures lately.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 2/20/2014 10:58p).]
The Beer and I
Next time, give me your BCBCS and I'll take pictures of them.
jah003
S
Good Lord!

I'm gone from the beer thread for a day and stuff gets real!

Thanks to everyone still around for making this the best freakin' thread on Texags!
oneoutofmany
AG
Picked up a few bottles of BCBCS at Total Wine in Fort Worth this evening. Both Spec's in west Fort Worth said they wouldn't be getting any. They also had both the coffee and vanilla Noirs.
Echoes97
AG
To break from the Clown Lounge/Prairie melee, picked up a Sixpoint Hi-Res today, and damn I must say those yankees did some good w that one. Excellent double IPA IMO, really well balanced and very tasty. Highly recommend.
aggiechris06
AG
Any non super popular places I might be able to find just one BCBCS without having to show up in the first 20 minutes?? I am back to working normal daytime hours and can't hunt down beers like crazy...tips would be greatly appreciated

In Houston, I mean...live in Pearland but willing to drive within reason

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 2/21/2014 12:00a).]
maca1028
Anybody want to hookabruthaup if BCBCS hits htown next week? I won't be able to go hunting for a while
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

[This message has been edited by army01 (edited 2/20/2014 10:42p).]

I'm assuming you edited this because you realized it was an insult to sanctimonious asshats?

Yessir. Saw that, did ya?
gordo97
AG
Maca if I run across any next week I will try to get an extra bottle for you.... If it's even true that we get any BCBS down here in h-town
maca1028
You da man gordo! I should have some Cali beers showing up soon, I'll be sure to set one aside for you.
maca1028
Oh...and how about a blue parachute for the beer thread! Y'all are the reason for my habit!
maca1028
aggiechris, I believe the pearland heb got the regular bcbs when it came out and have gotten a few other limited releases since then. You might have some luck there.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
How long has Martin House been in production? Damn that would have been a sweet show to attend.

I'd say about a year ago. I remember them giving out samples at the Cane Rosso pop up at the Swiss Pastry shop prior to opening. I talked to them for a while and has some of the Imperial Texan; they seemed to know their stuff and I haven't been disappointed.

They have been a nice addition to the Fort Worth beer scene. They operate out of a warehouse space right outside downtown. Revolver makes really solid, straight forward beers (Bock, Pale Ale, Stout, etc). Martin House is a little more "experimental" (Double India Red Ale, Pretzel Stout, 4 Grain Breakfast beer). Both Martin House and Revolver have been very welcome additions to Fort Worth.

If any one wants to try some of their stuff, I can get it easily.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
aggiechris, I believe the pearland heb got the regular bcbs when it came out and have gotten a few other limited releases since then. You might have some luck there.

They take "reservations" for their limited releases and I haven't made my way onto their email list yet sadly...

Reservations for beer...incredible.
dave99ag
AG
jetch, saw your post about being in The Woodlands this weekend. Hubbell is still open, but I haven't stopped by in a week or so to see what they had available. They might have 009. You could try the Spec's on Rayford-Sawdust and 45 too. I don't think I've ever seen any FUN releases at the HEB Market Street. I am really bummed Hubbell is closing. Great beer guy and always kept a good selection. Not sure where my go to place will be now. Luckily I'm also in CS, so I have options here too.
jetch17
AG
thanks
BSD
AG
Specs Spring Valley and HEB Bunker Hill should be getting Prairie Noir Vanilla and Coffee today. HEB said around 12-12:30 and Specs didn't give a time.
dave99ag
AG
BTW, anyone been out to Lone Pint in Magnolia? A few friends and I are heading up there tomorrow for a visit. Can't wait for some fresh Yellow Rose!
jetch17
AG
balls, was hoping to catch it earlier ... ill swing by anyway
spadilly
S
I'm sure Jz will be along here soon to talk about it. He goes out there pretty often.
aggiejz
AG
Holy bleeping crap.. I've been busy the last few days and haven't been on the thread and THAT is what I miss? Gracious. #TeamBSD

Also, yeah, Lone Pint is great. Usually 11-2 are the best times to get there, but they'll serve you beer pretty much whenever. I believe they're charging $10 for an imperial pint glass and 3 or 4 beers. Be sure to try their newest SMaSH beer - Zythophile El Dorado. It's not quite Yellow Rose (for me, at least) but it's really good. Blake, Heather, Graham and Nick are all awesome too - tell them Jason says hey. Have fun!
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Specs Spring Valley and HEB Bunker Hill should be getting Prairie Noir Vanilla and Coffee today. HEB said around 12-12:30 and Specs didn't give a time.

Wow, I am so glad I am in Dallas, beer scene wise. Went to my LBS last night after they put the call out on Facebook about 6 hours before. There was plenty of Coffee and Vanilla. Plus they still had about 6 Orange Bombs left.
Diamond Geezer
What is the price you are paying for the Clown Lounge 22 oz bottle? thx
bevokilla
AG
I think it was $13.95 at Central Market?
army01
AG
It's been great the last few weeks up here...but Uncle Jacob's hits today. This beer is the biggest middle finger to Fort Worth. One case to Hall's, one to WoB and one to the Saucer....
dave99ag
AG
Good to hear, Jason. My wife brought home a growler of El Dorado last week. Tasty indeed.

We plan on arriving around noon. They have picnic tables right? Bringing some food with us as well.
The Beer and I
The El Dorado is very tasty, more of a true IPA than Yellow Rose (not saying it's better, just more of what I expect from an IPA).

Also picked up my coffee and vanilla noirs at the downtown specs today. They made an announcement I think a few of you guys may be interested in. Monday they are releasing BCBCS and Backyard Rye.
AggieOO
quote:
They have been a nice addition to the Fort Worth beer scene. They operate out of a warehouse space right outside downtown. Revolver makes really solid, straight forward beers (Bock, Pale Ale, Stout, etc). Martin House is a little more "experimental" (Double India Red Ale, Pretzel Stout, 4 Grain Breakfast beer). Both Martin House and Revolver have been very welcome additions to Fort Worth.

If any one wants to try some of their stuff, I can get it easily.

Martin house can be found in Austin at specs and Sunrise Mini Mart, but I've been afraid to try it. I don't want to drop 10 bucks on a 4 pack. Would prefer to find a single to try it first.

As for Lone Pint, are dogs welcome at the picnic table area? Anyone know?
dave99ag
AG
Sent them a quick msg, so we shall see. Our herd will remain at the casa.
BSD
AG
quote:
downtown specs today. They made an announcement I think a few of you guys may be interested in. Monday they are releasing BCBCS and Backyard Rye.

That is one ****show I would be prepared to participate in. BCBCS is THAT good.
HoosierAggie13
AG
In reference to Lone Pint. Lot's of picnic table space, feel free to bring food, cards, etc. Pet friendly as well. Enjoy!
AggieOO
Let me know. We can leave him, but i always feel guilty leaving him in his crate...and hes still too much of a puppy to trust, especially in unfamiliar surroundings.
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:
downtown specs today. They made an announcement I think a few of you guys may be interested in. Monday they are releasing BCBCS and Backyard Rye.

That is one ****show I would be prepared to participate in. BCBCS is THAT good.

Haven't you participated in enough ****shows this week?

The beer guy also announced the guy from Stone is doing a special tasting in April, anyone know Phischy's contact info? I'm sure he'd be interested in attending and would love to hear his opinion on this.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I hate that Spec's DT announces the exact time of their releases beforehand. The planned release dates and the imposed limits are what attract the hypebeasts.

Personally, I like the way Central Market and D&Q do it. Announce only when it becomes immediately available for sale. Or in some cases, don't announce it at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 388 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.