Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,674 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by steve00
BlazingSaddles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying Ranger Creek Small Batch Series No.7 for the first time.

[This message has been edited by BlazingSaddles (edited 2/9/2014 4:57p).]
cc10106
Trying out some of Austin Beerworks' Heavy Machinery black IPA.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Free subscription to a Draft Magazine

http://www.draftmag.com/bjsloyalty/
spadilly
S
Thanks Ducks
aggiejz
AG
Bottle share yesterday... Highlights were:

Bourbon County Barleywine - as good as advertised
Schell's Framboise du Nord - similar to Atrial Rubicite with a ton of raspberries, and very close to being just as good
Prairie Eliza5beth - out of a 3L magnum too, another great saison from these guys
The Bruery Black Tuesday - yep
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picked up two Bombs and an Anderson Valley Bourbon Barrel Stout.
Falcon85
AG
Have any of you seen any Karbach BBH or Lagunitas Undercover around Houston?
gordo97
AG
headed to Chicago in march for a few days...... I think I need to bring 5 suitcases in order to pack all the bottles I would like to bring back with me...... WOW what a beer town!
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Have any of you seen any Karbach BBH or Lagunitas Undercover around Houston?

I have a couple extra Karbach BBH. I'd willing to trade one. Not sure if undercover shutdown is out right now.
jetch17
AG
007 is still floating around. Undercover has gone to the wayside, but the good news is Sucks is out... And I've been drinking the hell out of the Sucks
spadilly
S
Has anyone tried DFH 61 yet? I'm tempted to grab some, but not convinced. I love me some IPAs
txaggie05
AG
Don't do it. It's not an IPA at all. Very dry.
maca1028

cc10106
quote:
quote:
I had zero luck finding any Bomb in the Tine tonight, but i did score some Hop Ranch, so the trip from Cy was worth it.

Where???

Spec's @ Richmond and 610. There was a case or 2 left after i got mine.
army01
AG
quote:
Has anyone tried DFH 61 yet? I'm tempted to grab some, but not convinced. I love me some IPAs

This one suuuuuuuuucks.
aggiejz
AG
Is that the new orange wax Bomb? How's it compare to pink?

I'm on the newest Lone Pint beer tonight - another SMaSH, this one with El Dorado hops called Zythrophile El Dorado. It's not quite Yellow Rose, but I like it. A lot of orange in the flavor and I get some other fruit as well - pear or pineapple maybe? Super drinkable.
Falcon85
AG
Thx, GF. I was just in town for the day.
maca1028
Pink was the first bomb I tried so it's hard to say for me as they are both outstanding. Orange was an abundance of flavor, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, in that order...amazing!
army01
AG
I was not a huge fan of pink Bomb! Orange, however, is fantastic. A ton of coffee upfront, and good pepper at the end
cc10106
Yeah, the pepper is key for me. I had one during True Detective last night and made it last the entire episode. Mmmmmmm, nice and slow.
The Beer and I
quote:
I was not a huge fan of pink Bomb! Orange, however, is fantastic. A ton of coffee upfront, and good pepper at the end

I agree 100%. I liked the pink wax, but wasn't blown away like so many other people. I decided to try the new batch anyways, and it was fantastic!
txag2008
AG
I would assume Bomb would be a good beer to age?
jah003
S
quote:
I would assume Bomb would be a good beer to age?

I wouldn't age it... Your going to lose a lot of the coffee and vanilla. IMO... That's what makes this beer great. Anything with a heavy coffee influence is not a good candidate for aging.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^No. Noir would be a better beer to age.
maca1028
quote:
I wouldn't age it... Your going to lose a lot of the coffee and vanilla. IMO... That's what makes this beer great. Anything with a heavy coffee influence is not a good candidate for aging.

I guess I better drink up
jetch17
AG
Picked up a couple bombs at bunker HEB at lunch

They also have a BBA sour from Brooklyn that looked intriguing, same price tag as black ops around 20 bucks
jetch17
AG
this is the 'Wild Streak' they had:

"belgian-style golden ale aged in bourbon barrels and bottle conditioned with wild yeast"
Bmac04
AG
Picked up a Brooklyn Wild Streak the other day. Has anyone tried it yet?
army01
AG
I had an expensive Friday last week and picked up 2 orange Bomb!, 2 BCBS Backyard Rye, a Brooklyn Wild Streak, and a DEBC Cherry Chocolate Double Brown Stout. I'll sit on everything except the Bomb! for a while.

Agree with the above -- do not sit on the coffee beers. Maca -- as always, if you bought too much and need some help getting rid of it, Send it to me and I can dispose of it properly.
maca1028
Where did u get the backyard rye?
big-ag
AG
quote:

It's not an IPA but it is interesting. My wife hates IPAs but liked it. Like others said, very dry. Tastes like 60 minute IPA at first, but the Syrah wine flavor comes through in the finish. Not like a normal IPA where you get the extended hop bitterness.

Worth a try? Sure. Must have? Probably not.
army01
AG
The Backyard Rye hit DFW last Friday. I bought my 2 bottles from Central Market.
JimShorts
AG
Another from Elevation Brewing

Oil Man - Bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout
bevokilla
AG
Picked up 4 Bomb and a wild streak at Central Market on Westheimer just now. They had some Bomb left and the limit is 4. Looks like they had quite a bit of Wild Streak in stock
La Fours
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 377 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.