Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,421 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Bomb! would be $70 a sixer. I want to try one but I'm too lolpoor to stockpile it.

Bomb! is $5-6 a bottle everywhere in OK. Not quite sure why it gets jacked up to ~$9 in Texas... Bomb! is delicious, but being worth the price is debatable... Although, if it was $5-6 it would be on par with BCBS prices.
Hub05
AG
Lunch time beer run, the wife might kill me

NColoradoAG
That's nice. Haven't seen FouFoune or Lou PePe's out here since late 2012
AlaskanAg99
AG
Wow, PtY started when the pub closed. A friend of a friend was #8 and was in line at 1am.

And it's been pissing cold rain all night/morning. Screw that noise.

My buddy showed up at 10am, which is obviously way too late, and they're not sure it's worth the wait. Just nuts.

But, according to the RRBC FB page they have a new back bar as well. So that ought to help a ton.
clobby
AG
NB Shift
Goose Island Sofie
Stones Self Righteous
and some Alaskan IPA
aggielax48
AG
Had a Prairie Noir, not bad but meh considering price. Not sure of availability but Whole Foods south Austin had a bunch of Bomb and Noir If anyone is looking.

Just opened a Laganitas Cappuccino Stout and wish it had more mouthfeel but really solid. Considering the price its great and will pick up some more.
AlaskanAg99
AG
At Societe Brewing enjoying Roustabout DIPA. Won at Bistro Double IPA fest last hear and is a fresh rebrew for the fest this year in Hayward, CA. Very dry, small malt backbone and in your face enamal melting flavor hops.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Drinking a Russian Imperial Stout in honor of the Olympics: Real Ale 15th Anniversary from 2011. Not my favorite but still pretty good.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Anyone want to trade a Supplication? I have RU55, Ol Oi, Funk Metal, and several others I would be willing to trade if interested.

If I come by another bottle I'd be down for a trade for RU55
cc10106
I had zero luck finding any Bomb in the Tine tonight, but i did score some Hop Ranch, so the trip from Cy was worth it.
maca1028
Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yea
Bow wow yippie yo yippie yea
army01
AG
quote:
Wow, PtY started when the pub closed. A friend of a friend was #8 and was in line at 1am.

And it's been pissing cold rain all night/morning. Screw that noise.

My buddy showed up at 10am, which is obviously way too late, and they're not sure it's worth the wait. Just nuts.

But, according to the RRBC FB page they have a new back bar as well. So that ought to help a ton.

Have a buddy that got two pours today. Sounds like you're doing it wrong.
Jock 07
AG
Just got home from work. A little nightcap before bed

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 2/8/2014 12:45a).]
K Bo
AG
Finally had a Prarie Noir last night (at the Duck in Houston).

Amazing.
The Beer and I
Had one of this round of Prairie Bomb, waaaaaay better than the one I ha last year. I'll be picking up some more when I find it.
jetch17
AG
Picked up an extra Noir for the hell of it yesterday at bunker HEB
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I had zero luck finding any Bomb in the Tine tonight, but i did score some Hop Ranch, so the trip from Cy was worth it.

Where???
AggieOO
Drinking beers at karbach
dixie whiskey
AG
Drinking petrus oak aged pale ale. Worth snagging whenever theyre on the shelf- great beer and great price at 3.99

Word is both st arnolds bb and karbach clown lounge hit on the 17th. Gonna be some violence at specs
jh0400
AG
BB is bars/restaurants only.
Jock 07
AG
big fan of petrus pale, and relatively easy to find
Green Fairy
AG
Midtown Specs and D&Q said they won't have Bomb for another few days. Weslayan Specs told me yesterday that the midtown store had it. Guy at midtown said, and i quote, "they are facking idiots." So best to call in advance.

Trip was worthwhile. Snagged a few random singles at Specs and D&Q. Sidenote, Spec's has an assortment of DFH brews on sale this month(~$2 off).
dixie whiskey
AG
Just landed a couple bombs at heb on barker/290. There were 2 left as of 5 min ago
jh0400
AG
Adelberts barrel aged dubbel is pretty good. I love wine barrel aged Belgian beers.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Midtown Specs and D&Q said they won't have Bomb for another few days. Weslayan Specs told me yesterday that the midtown store had it. Guy at midtown said, and i quote, "they are facking idiots." So best to call in advance.

Trip was worthwhile. Snagged a few random singles at Specs and D&Q. Sidenote, Spec's has an assortment of DFH brews on sale this month(~$2 off).

Bought two bottles of Bomb and one bottle if Noir at D&Q two days ago. He had the cases out on the floor.

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 2/8/2014 5:20p).]
DaveHimself
AG
Finally trying a Founders Imperial Stout tonight. Delicious roastiness and the color reminds me I'm way overdue for an oil change.
maca1028
I called midtown specs and they said that they had bomb but wasn't releasing it yet. I'm sure giving some of the employees chances to hook up their buddies first
jetch17
AG
Hopefully the cypress chevron will get some bombs soon
aggiechris06
AG
Is Founders Imperial Stout difficult to find?? Love the Breakfast Stout and imagine it's even better? But how??
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
I called midtown specs and they said that they had bomb but wasn't releasing it yet. I'm sure giving some of the employees chances to hook up their buddies first

Who knows. The guy I talked to was adamant they didn't have any. I don't have time to following some ****** beer dude's tweets at that location to know when it hits. Not worth my time.
BSD
AG
Life is good.

Jock 07
AG

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 2/9/2014 11:40a).]
Jock 07
AG
The relatively abundance of hopslam every year is the one thing I miss about living in ND
Hub05
AG
Nice BSD, Hopslam still hasn't dropped in FL.

But I will officially be some Hopslam, Black Note, and BA9K on draft in about a month at a special Bells keg tapping in town!
BSD
AG
Unfortunately the bar didn't have Black Note or I would have drunk half a Hopslam and half a Black Note. So all Hopslam for me. Not a bad brunch.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.