Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,828 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by steve00
Texags is garbage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any quick recommendations for beer I should pick-up in CS today at Specs? I'm thinking about going with a Kentucky Bourbon Ale.
bmc13
AG
you here, clobby?
jah003
S
quote:
jah, we are coming into the hill country next weekend and will be stopping at jester king on Saturday. it will be the wife's forst visit.she isnt as excited as i am thought hahah

Bribe her with Stanley's... Works every time with my wife.
BSD
AG
quote:
Any quick recommendations for beer I should pick-up in CS today at Specs? I'm thinking about going with a Kentucky Bourbon Ale.

Is Enjoy By there?
bmc13
AG
where do you live? if outside the zone some karbach
BSD
AG
quote:
Had an impromptu tasting last night. We ended up opening up way to much beer for 4 people.

Quick summary
-We were split 2 and 2 on Heady vs Zombie Dust. I was on the ZD side. Comparing side by sides, I liked Pliney>Heady and ZD>Heady. Now I need to do Pliney and Zombie Dust together
-Cantillon Gueuze was FUNKY
Dark Lord was SWEET
-Swamphead saison with brett was off. Little carb and no funkyness. It poured as clear as a pale ale. I am hoping it was a bad bottle.
-The batch 9k was really good. Biggest roasted caramel flavors I have had in a beer. Its to bad I will likely never get the chance to taste the BA version.
-Life is Like was the best of the night

Mother of God!!! /gif

I wish I had known you were opening the Dark Lord, I would have told you to cellar it for a while longer.
Hub05
AG
One of the guys has a Dark Lord vertical building, but none of us had ever tasted it. So we opened that guy up for a frame of reference. I'm guessing the sweetness fades as it ages?
La Fours
AG
quote:

Like BSD said. Get Stone Enjoy By 2.14.14.
Green Fairy
AG
Thanks to my brother, I have a Funkwerks Tropic King and Odell Woodcut #7 heading my way as soon as I can meet up with him.
CollinAB
AG
Had to come back for more Enjoy By.
The Beer and I
Went out looking for Enjoy By, Hop Ranch, or Greenhouse, but came back with Boulevard Imperial Stout. Man, that beer was disappointing.
jah003
S
quote:
Went out looking for Enjoy By, Hop Ranch, or Greenhouse, but came back with Boulevard Imperial Stout. Man, that beer was disappointing.

Well... That sucks to hear. Grabbed a Boulevard Imperial Stout, Rye on Rye, and some H&G Greenhouse today.

What was disappointing about it?
The Beer and I
I'm a fan of boulevard and was really looking forward to it. For a barrel aged imperial stout, it was kinda watery. Also, almost tasted more smokey than barrel aged.
wessimo
AG
Finally found some Sucks. Good but didn't wow me the way Yellow Rose did recently.
Mustang1
AG
Fresh nugs at hay merchant tonight
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Heb bunker hill had prolly a dozen 4 packs of youngs breakfast stout on the shelf this evening. FYI.
MW03
AG
Mmmmm. Dogfish Head 61
txaggie05
AG
I had a 2011 Boulevard Imperial Stout a couple weeks ago. The aging did wonders on that. Although it was kind of a chocolate bomb
La Fours
AG
quote:
Thanks to my brother, I have a Funkwerks Tropic King and Odell Woodcut #7 heading my way as soon as I can meet up with him.

Nice.
turfman80
AG
Hop Ranch really kicks ass .
CollinAB
AG
Saw that today. Guess I should've picked it up.
NColoradoAG
Hop Ranch is tasty. I've been having trouble finding sucks lately so that's been my go to.

I enjoyed this year's Boulevard Imperial Stout. I like the balance of flavors in that brew. It's only 40% barrel aged so I wasn't expecting any of that deep vanilla oakiness or bourbon heat. I'm not sure about the yeast used in that brew, but it had a nice yeast characteristic. To each their own.
wessimo
AG
Post marathon recovery beverage = BCBS
jetch17
AG
Hitting the cypress honey hole this afternoon, will have to look for the hop ranch... Hoping for some more racer X and anymore BOMBs if he's got anymore
jetch17
AG
Settled for a couple X's and a XXV

Echoes97
AG
Finally indulging in a growler of Karbach's "Painted Lady", their Belgian Tripel. I believe the recipe was from their home brew competition winner. Really tasty stuff, I hope they produce moar!
jetch17
AG
Nice, been curious to try that
La Fours
AG
Nice Jetch.
jetch17
AG
There were about 12 buttes left
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Finally indulging in a growler of Karbach's "Painted Lady", their Belgian Tripel. I believe the recipe was from their home brew competition winner. Really tasty stuff, I hope they produce moar!

Had it a couple weeks ago at BRC. I thought it was pretty good. The only downside is that it tasted like a trippled up Weisse Versa/barn burner(which taste pretty similar to me).
AggieOO
Had the pro am tripel last night. Its damn good, but tastes nothing like the barn burner
Hub05
AG
On Saturday I lamented about never being able to compare the regular Bells 9k to the BA version. However, this morning a guy posted a rumor on beer advocate that some random bar in Gainesville is getting the last remaining keg of BA 9k and it will be on tap with Black Note and Hopslam on March 15.

If the rumor is true, pre-game Texags bottle share at my place?
NColoradoAG
Barrel aged 9k is crazy good
Falcon85
AG
Any seen Lagunitas Sucks around Houston this weekend?
Echoes97
AG
I saw lots of Lagunitas Sucks at the HEB on Dunlavy, not sure how much they have left but it was pretty stocked late last week, like several cases.
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.