Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,981 Views | 62662 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by Kyle98
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Falcon85
AG
Thx for the suggestions. Has anyone tried the Krunkin Pumpkin?
aggiejz
AG
I'll also throw Hans Bier Haus out there if you go the Rice Village area. It's not technically in the Village but down Kirby towards 59, but their selection is usually pretty decent. Gingerman has the most extensive selection in that area, no doubt.
jh0400
AG
Re: Krunkin Pumpkin

Had it last year, and it's pretty good.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 9/23/2013 1:21p).]
NColoradoAG
I never took the opportunity to thank everyone for coming out to the Bama bottleshare. It was a great time and I enjoyed meeting all of you. I drank too much and yelled so loud I gave myself a wicked cold. Just got over it in time for the game this past weekend.

That being said, lets start planning the next one for the Auburn game on October 19th. I know we might not have the same crowd due to fewer people traveling in, but we should still be able to host a nice crowd. Hopefully those who missed Bama can make it for this one. I think ill have everyone's names down by the end of this one. I think I only really got to meet about half of y'all.

Unless anyone wants to change, we'll stay in Lot H. Since we don't know the game time, we'll just have to say TBD. We ran strong at Bama from about 5 hours to 2 hours before kickoff so that will probably be the time frame. Just say your prayers before each beer you drink over the next 3 weeks that we don't get the 11am kickoff. If we do have the 11am kickoff, I might look into hosting the share post game at either Lot H or poolside at my parents house in Wellborn. Lets just hope for a night game.

Some of you left beer behind. I came home with 13 bottles. I didn't take inventory so I'm not sure who they belong too. That being said, we'll drink them at the Auburn bottleshare or you can come and claim them. Therefore, bring ONLY ONE BOTTLE to the Auburn share. I'm sure you'll all ignore that and we'll be on a continuous loop of unopened beers.

We'll use the same link for this bottleshare.

http://goo.gl/q1856h

Thanks again for the excellent turnout and I can't wait to get back down there.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 9/23/2013 1:31p).]
aggiejz
AG
I fully intend to ignore the 1 bottle suggestion because that's just what I do. Can't wait.
La Fours
AG
That sounds like something Matt Chow would say.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Matt Chow
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
continuous loop of unopened beers

Don't see the problem here other than they haven't been consumed by us yet

I'm in for the share again. I'll have to see what I can get, but I have a care package coming from MN this week that should have some Steel Toe and Surly (not Wet unfortunately)
Bmac04
AG
NColoradoAG,

Can you post the list of unopened beers so I can make sure to bring something we don't already have.
NColoradoAG
Ill try and get a picture or something from the 'rents. I just threw them in a box and put them in a closet. Had to hide them so the kids down there don't drink them all.
jh0400
AG
Tine Folk

quote:
The Hay Merchant
We tapped Founder's KBS at 3pm today. Want to know about special tappings like this before anyone else? Become a Mud Turtle! By the way, there is still half a keg left of KBS. Beer makes Monday better. Get here
CollinAB
AG
I'm in for Auburn. If it's even half as good as the Alabama share, it'll be a good time.
jah003
S
I think I left a Weasel Rodeo and Old Curmudgeon in there... That many high ABV beers before noon really ruins my "remembering skills".

I'll remember to bring the growler of Live Oak Hefe this time around (and add a couple of others to the share).
army01
AG
quote:

I think this is the first reference to BA I have seen in 300 pages.
NColoradoAG
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I think this is the first reference to BA I have seen in 300 pages.

Lol. To be fair I only know about this Matt Chow because aggiejz and others explained him to me. I don't read the BA forums.
aggiejz
AG
Glad to have passed on that gem from BA..

Finally cracked this tonight. Pretty good, but I sure wish we actually got it really fresh here. Would love to see the difference.
La Fours
AG
That was my thought on fresh squeezed as well.
maca1028
Did anyone get to hay merchant tonight
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I stopped in real quick with my brother for some KBS. First person we see at the bar was Matt Chow.

Shout out to jh0400 for the tip. First time I've had it on draft. Great.
army01
AG
I had a fresh squeezed tonight as well. Damn good, but agree. I would have liked to try it a few weeks back. "I bet back then, it would have been up there with the other whalez, bro!"/Matt Chow

Drinking a DR 13 right now. It's still a solid meh.
cpscAG06
AG
I left a St. Arnold's DR12 and BB #2 in Adam's cooler during the Bama weekend bottle share. Feel free to drink them during the Auburn game bottle share (I will probably not be able to make it).
AggieOO
Might be there for auburn. Will probably depend on how much money I blow this weekend in Germany. I leave in the morning!
wessimo
AG
Anybody seen breakfast stout in Houston??
MooseAg13
AG
Keystone Light
army01
AG
I don't think breakfast stout has hit Texas, has it?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Have any of you seen any Lagunitas Undercover or Goose Island Bourbon Country around Houston?

Undercover is at Spec's on Weslayan. Back corner.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Breakfast Stout never came during the initial release. And I don't think it's their stout season yet, anyways.

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 9/24/2013 11:52a).]
Falcon85
AG
Thanks H-Ninja, I will pick some up when I get in town.
Scriffer
AG
Got my hands on a Game of Thrones today at the Whole Foods in Addison. Earned a dirty look from the bartender when I asked if she was saving it for anyone.

I don't watch the show, but I've heard enough about the beer to pick it up.
La Fours
AG
Is this a new Game of Thrones beer or is it still the Belgian ale?
Scriffer
AG
It's a black stout
La Fours
AG
Sweet. I'll have to check it out. I saw on their website that they are going to release a wild ale fermented on brettanomyces.
Scriffer
AG
I'll be at the Auburn game, so I can contribute it to the bottle share.
First Page Last Page
Page 293 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.