Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,389 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by steve00
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here you go La Fours:

http://russianriverbrewing.com/colorado-distributor/
La Fours
AG
Really I guess what I'm asking is if there are any stores that have it on the shelves currently. Based on a couple of phone called to stores there earlier, I suspect that it is sold out at the moment.
Jock 07
AG
You lookin for the sours or Pliny?
Jock 07
AG
The only place I have found Pliny at is cheers and you have to call them. They don't put it out on the shelf. Carson down in fountain near ft carson as of early last week had a **** ton of supplication. Supplication is really the main one I've found on the shelves. I think powers liqour mart off of powers still has some supplication as well. I've found a lot of good stuff to include some rrbc sours at J&K off of powers as well. Coaltrain is generally regarded as the best beer store in town but as such their Pliny runs out the quickest. From what I've gathered each store only gets a case or two every 6-8 weeks here.
Jock 07
AG
The only place I have found Pliny at is cheers and you have to call them. They don't put it out on the shelf. Carson down in fountain near ft carson as of early last week had a **** ton of supplication. Supplication is really the main one I've found on the shelves. I think powers liqour mart off of powers still has some supplication as well. I've found a lot of good stuff to include some rrbc sours at J&K off of powers as well. Coaltrain is generally regarded as the best beer store in town but as such their Pliny runs out the quickest. From what I've gathered each store only gets a case or two every 6-8 weeks here.
wessimo
AG
Frio light. Brewed for Texans. (in Tennessee.)

Yes I broke the rule in the first post. I was curious when I saw it for under $4 for a 6er of tall boys. Not any worse than any other BMC stuff in situations where a flavorless beer will suffice.
BSD
AG
Pathetic.

AggieOO
I picked some up a month or so back. Not any worse than natty. Made for a cheap night!
La Fours
AG
Thanks Jock. I am mostly looking for Pliny. But would take whatever my friend could find. I'm probably sol for now. Not sure if my buddy has the time to search it out before leaving to drive down here if there is any to be found.
Jock 07
AG
When does he leave? I'll keep an eye out for some and try to grab some for you if I come across any. Just make sure he keeps it cold in a cooler on the drive down
La Fours
AG
Thanks dude. If you find some pm a paypal address and I'll send money. Either Wednesday or early Thursday. They get to town I think Thursday. If it is on the shelf and not refrigerated does it matter as long as the car doesn't get hot?
Jock 07
AG
I'm pretty sure RRBC mandates that the Pliny stay in coolers. I've never seen one right off the shelf.
La Fours
AG
Gotcha.
AggieOO
As long as its not a drastic temp change, the beer will be fine. Going from cold to room temp to cold won't do anything. Baking it in a car would be very bad, but outside of that, beer can stand up to some temp change.

Not sure if point is unpasteurized, but if so, that could be the reason for it needing to stay cold, however, that still wouldn't affect flavor.

[This message has been edited by aggieoo (edited 7/30/2013 10:28a).]
BSD
AG
I've bought Pliny at RRBC, let it sit at room temp for a week before I flew home, and it has been fine. Like 00 said, just don't let it get hot. and drink fresh.
62strat
AG
Just secured my farm to table Great american beer festival tickets for friday night! Decided I'd give this option a shot. only 450 people attend this area of the GABF. You get a private entrance, and of course tons of food pairing with beers not available in the main hall. Still have access to the main hall as well.

Bought a sat. afternoon and sat. night pair as well, just in case

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 7/30/2013 11:15a).]
NColoradoAG
Just bought mine for Thursday night.
Jock 07
AG
All I know is I was extremely underwhelmed by the first Pliny I had which I had left out at room temp for a couple weeks. Then I had it straight out of a liqour store cooler in CA and it was night and day different. When I stopped byRRBC back in Feb the lady told me they didn't advise traveling with Pliny for more than 4 hours without being kept cold. All that being said I haven't found any here. My go to spot, cheers, is out but said they might get some in on Thursday. I could try and get a couple bottles for the Bama game bottle share. And I could also ship you some if you're not afraid of the heat.
Jock 07
AG
Don't have enough leave to take for GABF this year. If my schedule happens to work out to where my 4 days off are that weekend, how hard will it be to score a couple tickets a couple weeks out?
62strat
AG
it will be very easy to get tickets...............

depending on your budget. It will sell out today, if not already. Scalpers and ebay will have plenty though.
defroach
I got some tickets to Friday's session.

As far as it being sold out - the pre-sale is sold out already. They will put more tickets up tomorrow for the general public. Expect those to go within 15 minutes.
62strat
AG
Defroach, farm to table or GA?
NColoradoAG
Beeradvocate and RateBeer forums are good places to look for face value second hand tickets.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/30/2013 11:58a).]
62strat
AG
Also, according to GABF ticket FAQ
"GABF tickets are not refundable. If you are unable to attend the festival you can try selling your ticket for face value in the classifieds section at the AHA Forum or through the Great American Beer Festival Facebook page."
defroach
quote:
Defroach, farm to table or GA?

I wanted to...but I am in a group of 7 so that really was not an option as they would not pay for it.

If it was just the wife and I, I would be there.

What are your plans for the rest of the weekend there?

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 7/30/2013 12:12p).]
62strat
AG
I don't know.. I live here so.. nothing out of the ordinary I guess. We were wanting to go to estes park when the leaves change, not exactly sure when that is but it may be that weekend.
defroach
I did not realize that.

I guess you really have no need to do anything more. We probably will be driving to Boulder and then up to Ft. Collins on Saturday and staying the night there. Hitting up a bunch of breweries along the way.
BSD
AG
I had plans to go to GABF this year. I would have spent the weekend before and after at RRBC for the Framboise for a Cure release and a vacation and sandwiched a trip to Denver in the middle. Oh well..
aggiejz
AG
I'll be up there! Doing the farm to table on Thursday, the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Tasting on Friday afternoon, and the members session on Saturday afternoon. May possibly go to the Friday or Saturday evening session depending on if my friends up there drag me along. First time going.. Can't wait!
62strat
AG
T&P for your liver! Unless you can pace yourself unlike myself.

I did sat afternoon session last year, no way in hell I could have stayed another 4 hours and drank. I was trashed.
defroach
Well, I got bored at work.

For those going to GABF...here is a list of breweries, addresses, tap room hours and websites from Denver up to Fort Collins.

Just in case some you needed them.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnWkkVrImx3qdFBjd3FjYWNWQm1kRXNjeE9nQXZLd2c#gid=0

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 7/30/2013 2:11p).]
62strat
AG
missing fort collins brewery.. right next to odells
defroach
Not anymore
aggiejz
AG
My liver definitely will need the T&P's unless I get shockingly better at pacing myself. We shall see.

Has there been any sort of Aggie meet-up at GABF before? I figure probably enough of us are going that something could be arranged, right? I'd be interested.
AlaskanAg99
AG
GABF is insanity, as craft beer explodes in popularity everything is getting crazier. This'll be my 5th time going and 4th time working the daytime competition. My badge gets access to lots of stuff around town as well as the public evening events.

Generally my wife and I go Thursday night and Saturday awards then the AHA session. Fri/Sat nites are pure ****shows.

I met my wife at Falling Rock Taphouse in 2011. She loves beer (and working out) as much as I do. Good combo all things considered.
First Page Last Page
Page 258 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.