Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,487 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by jah003
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congratulations, jetch.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Congrats jetch.

Anyone ever have any brews from The Commons Brewery in Oregon? When I was up there last week I got to try on draft, and later buy a bottle of Fishing with Hallet. It's a belgian dark strong ale aged in Pappy barrels. It is tasty. Only one review of it on BeerAdvocate. It's a small brew that was brewed for the 3 year anniversary of Beer Bottle Shop/Tasting Room in Eugene (16 Tons). If any Beer Threaders in Oregon find it, I recommend it.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats man
tremble
AG
Let's see if I'm doing this correctly.

Baaawwwws, gnometalmbout?

Congrats, jetch
txaggie05
AG
Picked up a few Devil Dancers at Spec's here in San Antonio. They were selling them as singles for $5.
jah003
S
Went "beer shopping" today (beer budget has been pretty slim lately).

Ended up with a bomber of Prairie Hop, Alaskan Raspberry Wheat and a growler fill of Live Oak Big Bark.
jetch17
AG
What the hell, right?

TxKng82
AG
quote:
Picked up a few Devil Dancers at Spec's here in San Antonio. They were selling them as singles for $5.

Better than I thought it would be seeing 4 pks for $24
TxKng82
AG
F'n DP

[This message has been edited by Txkng82 (edited 7/11/2013 11:58p).]
CollinAB
AG
Four-packs of Devil Dancer were at Spec's in College Station for $18.99. I was hoping to get some, but just can't spend that much on beer this summer.
Robert C. Christian
AG
When you think about it that is only $5 per beer which is less than bars charge for pretty much any specialty beer. Besides its not like you are going to finish it off in one night... right?
The Beer and I
quote:
Besides its not like you are going to finish it off in one night... right?

Don't judge me!

But per oz, it's less than a $10 bomber, and I've wasted way more money on worse breweries/beers.
CollinAB
AG
I'm working off a student's budget. Just can't do it right now. Unfortunately.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Don't judge me!

What's the point of drinking all this fancy beer if I can't look down on people?
The Beer and I
Frio, feel free to judge by quality, but not by quantity!

CollinAB, I feel ya, luckily I just drank Bud Light and Lone Star in college...Shiner if I was feeling uppity.
BSD
AG
I've been there, too, CollinAB. If you are ever down in Houston, I'll save you a RRBC to enjoy for free.

For the rest of you drunks, the beer cellar is officially up for sale (typical BS about collectible bottles, not the content applies here). Well, what's left of it, which isn't much. But it's good. You know I wouldn't drink sh*tty beer. Email in profile. Cheers.
Two Down
AG
BSD - email sent. Hopefully I can get some kind of priority
TxKng82
AG
Email sent as well BSD
txag2008
AG
New NG brew house?
https://twitter.com/insidetamu/status/355721569676431361
maca1028
When I've got some extra cash BSD I'll try to hit you up for some more RRBC's. I've got my sons bday followed by my wife's so I have to spend my $$ on them first
txaggie05
AG
Drank one of my Devil Dancers tonight. Stuff is fantastic. Booze is well hidden and the bitterness isn't out of control.
streetfighter2012
AG
Found an enjoy by 7-4 hiding in the fridge. Glad it still tastes good
army01
AG
I just had an Enjoy By tonight as well...had a stomach bug followed by a sinus infection, so haven't had anything to drink inn a few weeks. Pretty pissed right now. BSD, do you ship?
AggieOO
Bottle versions 1 and 2 of my Grey Ghost (dunkel-white) tonight. And while digging out empty bottles I found a 12 pack of Saison I didn't know I had! I thought I was out. Now thats in the fridge!

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
maca1028
Finishing my last graveyard right now, then drinking devil dancer when I wake up tomorrow/today
La Fours
AG
I drank one of the devil dancers I picked up today and two rubaeus. Rubaeus is Founders raspberry beer. It's delicious. Tart and sweet.
Bmac04
AG
Email sent BSD
jah003
S
Heading out to Adelberts today for a tour/tasting... Should be a good time. This is one of the Austin breweries I haven't had a chance to visit yet.
jkn09
AG
Had a 2013 Duvel Tripel Hop (Sorachi Ace) last night. Goodness...it was incredible. Wish I had bought more, but at $4.50 a bottle...
Hub05
AG
I believe I am the only person on this thread living in Florida, so I have access to Cigar City Beers. Next Sunday I plan on being in Tampa to signup for an El Catador Membership at CCB. I would like to offer my services as a trustee to the great beer drinkers of Texags.

Let me know if anyone is interested and we can get in contact by email

http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=blogger&layout=listings&id=65&Itemid=37

[This message has been edited by Hub05 (edited 7/13/2013 1:28p).]

[This message has been edited by Hub05 (edited 7/13/2013 1:38p).]
CollinAB
AG
I appreciate the offer BSD. Never had a chance to try any RRBC.

My dad's in town this weekend, so I'll get to try a few things on his dollar.
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD, do you ship?

I can, but I would prefer to hold until cooler weather comes around. I'd hate for the beer to sit in a ups truck for a few days.
BSD
AG
quote:
I believe I am the only person on this thread living in Florida, so I have access to Cigar City Beers. Next Sunday I plan on being in Tampa to signup for an El Catador Membership at CCB. I would like to offer my services as a trustee to the great beer drinkers of Texags.

Let me know if anyone is interested and we can get in contact by email

http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=blogger&layout=listings&id=65&Itemid=37

Wow. I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat if I was able! (No pun intended). I never was able to try the barrel aged Hunapuh.
Bmac04
AG
Hub05

I am very interested

Gunch52 @ msn.com
jetch17
AG
Hub, that sounds badass
First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.