Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,212 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by jh0400
The Beer and I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
These have been put on call for Father's Day festivities this evening ... As BSD says, no sense on sitting on and not drinking good beer

I agree, I just opened a KBS for the occasion.
BSD
AG
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  Fatherhood is truly a wonderful thing and I'm lucky enough to have the most beautiful son that I could ever imagine.  

I won't be drinking much anymore because of a serious and unexpected health condition but as I've said many times in this thread, life is good, really good.  And for me, it is more and more beautiful every day.  So to everyone here, I toast my glass of ice water with a lemon wedge to you and say cheers, gig 'em, and God bless.

BSD
BSD
AG
PS be sure to get annual physicals with an EKG, even the young guys. It could save your life! It did for me.

PPS Don't drink cheap ass beer

PPPS Support Open the Taps...the fight is still on!
jetch17
AG
quote:
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  Fatherhood is truly a wonderful thing and I'm lucky enough to have the most beautiful son that I could ever imagine.  

I won't be drinking much anymore because of a serious and unexpected health condition but as I've said many times in this thread, life is good, really good.  And for me, it is more and more beautiful every day.  So to everyone here, I toast my glass of ice water with a lemon wedge to you and say cheers, gig 'em, and God bless.

BSD

TxKng82
AG
Damn sorry to hear that BSD

Happy Father's Day as well to all. Enjoyed a 4Squared and founders dirty ******* at lunch with the fam. Good stuff
Jock 07
AG
Damn dude sorry to hear that.

Had a Pliny and hoptimum before the game and planning on grabbing a st Bretta at falling rock after the game
wessimo
AG
Hang in there BSD. Cheers to life.
jetch17
AG
Talmbout

jetch17
AG
Oh lawd

TxKng82
AG
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale for the first half of the spurs.... Decision decision for second half
jetch17
AG
Snap

TxKng82
AG

Probably my favorite Founders brew so far...haven't had the KBS yet though.
TxKng82
AG
Damn DP

[This message has been edited by Txkng82 (edited 6/16/2013 8:47p).]
The Beer and I
Vanilla shake made with Southern Tier Creme Brûlée Stout to finish off the day.

BSD, sorry to hear about the news.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
Vanilla shake made with Southern Tier Creme Brûlée Stout to finish off the day.

Missed the keg of this Rockwell in cypress had some weeks back. Really wanted to try it.
AggieOO
Sorry to hear BSD. Hopefully you can still enjoy an occasional indulgence.
army01
AG
BSD - Sorry to hear that. I have my first physical in 6 years scheduled for a week from tomorrow. A couple of kids, and a first grader's weight added to me, I don't expect it to be pretty. But need to start somewhere.
The Beer and I
TxKng, it's really good. But VERY sweet. I got a growler and had a couple snifters this weekend. Decided to finish it off in a milkshake.
TxKng82
AG
Pretty much exactly the review I was given. Next time ill have to make sure to get some.
jetch17
AG
Holy balls, 08 BCBS ... Fuggsin good

TxKng82
AG
^^
Jealous
BSD
AG
Jetch is puttin in work tonight!!!
jetch17
AG
Yeah I'm doin it up before the new tot comes ... Doc says next 7-10 days
wessimo
AG
Better hope she does not go into labor tonight.
jetch17
AG
No sh*t
army01
AG
No ****. Jetch, taking tomorrow off?

The beer says it can age for 7 years...but why drink tomorrow what you can drink today.

A bit boozy, but not bad at all.
jetch17
AG
Back to work tomorrow after a week of jury duty ... Like a bawss ... Gotta get in some office time since I will be missing some once the boy comes soon
army01
AG
quote:
Back to work tomorrow after a week of jury duty ... Like a bawss ... Gotta get in some office time since I will be missing some once the boy comes soon

Effffffff. Same a few good ones for after the rib goes back to work (assuming she works). Tonight is my night to stay up with the 3 month old...so I'm drinking....
gordo97
AG
had this tasty treat last night..... awesome barleywine at 16%

defroach
This is Jester Kings plan....

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/the-change-in-texas-beer-law-what-it-means-for-us

Personally, I think their prices are quite high...

gordo97
AG
anyone have their Viking Metal ale? sounds interesting
wessimo
AG
I hope karbach does not switch to selling by the pint
wessimo
AG
(during 'tours')
The Beer and I
I'm torn. I like the fact that you can get some of their beers that weren't previously offered. But also seems a little steep for some of their beers. It would be nice if they offered a flight for a similar price that they used to offer their tours.
defroach
People on the beer advocate site were asking the same thing - one of the owners responded and said they would think about it.

I am guessing they do not currently have the glassware for flights, so that is why it is not on the menu.

As for prices, I believe I can get all of those beers for cheaper at bars in town. If you average out the prices based on the largest pour to what a pint is, the beers come out to $6.50-12 for a pint of beer. Those are high in most places...especially for beers that are not that crazy.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.