Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,646,083 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
jkn09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No doubt, Jock. One of my personal favorites overall.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Went by Argonaut last night. Their selection wasn't as much I had hoped. I did find some Odell that I wanted. There just wasn't a big bomber selection. Might try Mrs. B's tonight.

Did you peruse the warm shelf around the corner from the coolers? Mr Bs is a better overall shop, though. Hopefully you made it by and saw Scott.
BSD
AG
Barrel Aged Old Rasputin XV

62strat
AG
anybody come across any of this yet? A new, and N.B's first, year round IIPA.
Love their ranger and other hoppy beers, surely this one won't disappoint.

jetch17
AG
Rockin the Bells today, thanks BSD

BSD
62strat
AG
so I guess this is an easy loophole to execute to serve food in texas breweries?

http://www.29-95.com/restaurants/story/chef-ryan-savoie-launch-lunch-menu-st-arnolds-brewery

Have a separate company/entity come in and serve food.. pretty much what it adds up to.
BQ08
AG
Went to whole foods and picked up:
Lips of faith La Folie, Brett beer, and Transatlantique Kriek.
Jock 07
AG
2 hearted was my go to ipa once they came to ND
jetch17
AG
Tasty stuff
streetfighter2012
AG
Cedar creek has a ton of Karbach stuff on tap. Did they have a tap takeover recently? Just had a bodacious and now I'm drinking a hellfighter.

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 2/25/2013 8:37p).]
spadilly
S
Petrol Station
jetch17
AG
Rancor me timbers
spadilly
S
Thanks to aggiejz and his recent trip to Cali, these are now in my fridge...

Jock 07
AG
I tried my first sour ever (New Belgium's LOF) 2 Christmases ago. Did not like it at all. When I went to RRBC last month I had their sours and actually enjoyed them. I think I'm starting to come around to them. Wouldn't drink more than on a month or so, but with their price tag that's probably a good thing. Anyhow was recommended this one over the weekend by the sour guy at the green jug in woodland hills. I like it but I think the sour is a bit more pronounced than the RRBCs

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 2/25/2013 10:44p).]
gordo97
AG
i had this one over the weekend...... my favorites are ales aged in oak barrells...... this one was a huge meh...... it's like the whiskey diluted any flavor this beer might have had to begin with

NColoradoAG
Jock, Flanders style brews like Jacobins and La Folie are definitely the sourest of the sour. You could probably find Petrus Aged Pale at that same shop you bought the Jacobins Rouge. The Petrus has a more buttery, Chardonnay flavor that you might like. I don't like Chardonnay so it's not one of my faves. I'd also suggest trying some gueuze (pronounced like GOOZ) as they have more complexity and aren't just ripping the enamel off your teeth. Lindemans Cuvée Renee is actually pretty good, but I'd look for the regulars from Drie Fonteinen, Tiquin, Boon, Girardin, or De Cam. And if you ever find any Cantillion, buy it.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 2/26/2013 11:45a).]
NColoradoAG
Strat, rampant should be hitting shelves this week. Early BA reviews are mixed, but I think some beer geeks just hate on New Belgium due to their size and pasteurization process. I hope it's good because it sounds like the price will be very attractive for a DIPA
dave99ag
AG
NCo, I did find the non-chilled section. Picked up a Funkwerks Saison and Crooked Stave Saison. Also grabbed some 90 Schilling and Lugene. I never was able to get over to Mrs. B's when it was open. Had a helluva breakfast at Snooze though.

A few friends from The Springs (that's what they call it) were shocked I walked down Colfax at night to Argonaut.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for the info
La Fours
AG
Firestone Walker has hit the shelves in Austin. A friend texted me a picture of his score via a friend in Austin.

Spadilly, please share your Pliny with me when you decide to open one.
Jock 07
AG
Picked up this tonight at the class six. Pretty good, but a little too heavy on the roasted malt for my true liking. Too much of a porter/stout taste. I'll stick to stone's SSR. Will probably be hitting up the Buellton tap room Sat night for dinner.

62strat
AG
Crap I must not be drinking as much as I used to; I had a 12oz of new Belgium trippel, ~8%, and a bomber of dry dock wee heavy, 9.5%, and I'm damn drunk.
EFE
AG
Just finished a four pack of ruination and I am just capital myself
62strat
AG
quote:
Strat, rampant should be hitting shelves this week. Early BA reviews are mixed, but I think some beer geeks just hate on New Belgium due to their size and pasteurization process. I hope it's good because it sounds like the price will be very attractive for a DIPA
yeh according to the pic it will be a 6 pack which is not the norm for such a big beer. If its in the $10 range that's really a good deal. I'll keep an eye for it.
army01
AG
My latest beers...

Not bad

Not good
NColoradoAG
Army, is that the new casa?
WorkBoots09
AG
Had my last Sucks last night while making some Axis venison spaghetti, and enjoyed it with Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot.
army01
AG
quote:
Army, is that the new casa?

Yessir....moved in a little over 2 weeks ago.
duck79
AG

[This message has been edited by Duck79 (edited 2/27/2013 10:40a).]
WorkBoots09
AG
A few of my friends and I are headed to Winter Park, CO in a few weeks for some skiing. I won't be skiing, so I was wondering if any of y'all know of some good spots either in WP, Granby, Fraser, or Tabernash (or close by) that has a nice selection. I tore my ACL, so I'll be spending my time in pubs and maybe on a snowmobile or something.
62strat
AG
looks like there's a hotel that has a brewpub in winter park.. winter park hotel.

There is also the cheeky monk, (location in downtown denver as well) that specializes in belgian draft beers. http://www.thecheekymonk.com/vwpd
Denver location has a half price draft happy hour.. so look out for that, cause normal prices are pretty high, as to be expected with Belgians.

other than that, check here I guess
http://www.winterparkresort.com/events-and-activities/dining.aspx
WorkBoots09
AG
Thanks strat!

Looks like I'm going to miss a Pliny the Younger tapping tomorrow :-( at the Cheeky Monk
62strat
AG
Yeh speaking of.. any Denver ags want to meet up and try our luck at the PtY tapping at cheeky monk tomorrow? 6:30 pm.. first come first serve. I'm thinking I'm going to give it a shot

62strat
AG
my little haul from yesterday. I'm currently unemployed, so I have to shop smart Had a groupon, cost me $10, gets me $20 to spend at this store. And sure enough, I find out this store, all the time, has buy 5 bombers get 1 free.

L to R
Dry Dock Wee Heavy (Drank it last night, damn good, 9.5%)
Elevation Senorita Imperial porter with vanilla and cinnamon. 8.2%
Blue Moon Vintage Collection: Impulse, Wheat Ale with juice of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. 8.5%
Great Divide Old Ruffian Barley Wine 10.2%
Boulevard Grainstorm Black rye IPA 7.7%
Lakefront Bridge Burner Strong Ale 8.5% (the free one, at $5.99)

Total price at register, ~$24, plus $10 for the groupon, so under $35 for over $50 worth of bombers. Lot of alcohol for my buck

First Page Last Page
Page 181 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.