Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,004 Views | 62613 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by swampstander
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good stuff! That should definitely keep us busy. I'm not a big fan of sours, so your safe from me wanting that.
62strat
AG
quote:
From what I've researched (and the Denver folks feel free to correct me), your best bet would be to make it over to the area around Coors Field. There's Breckenridge & Great Divide within 3/4 block radius as far as breweries go. Falling Rock Tap House ....

Keep http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=boulderdenver handy.
Falling rock regularly has pliny elder on tap, along with about 80 taps.. all craft.

NCOag, do you know about when PtY tappings are? Pretty soon I reckon?
FRTH put this on their website a bit back
http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/pty/
Atty_Ag
Has anyone been to South Austin Brewing who would be willing to share a review?
62strat
AG
We lost a beer lover last night.

My Aunt/Uncle's 15 year old Pug, Barkley, went on to doggy heaven last night after a several year long battle with lower body paralysis.

He loved to sit at the bar, eat marshmallows, and sip on fresh homebrew of my uncle's. So did his little brother Kobe.

Couldn't find one with his little beer sampler cup in front of him.. but here's a few of him at the bar waiting for marshmallows.

Him and little brother Kobe

And the beer named after him that I helped my uncle brew, a Pliny the Elder Clone that actually won a homebrew award for double IPA.

But in happier news, Uncle just won 3 more medals this weekend. Silver for an Eisbock (huuuge beer, like 14%. He uses freeze distilling to get it up there), and a bronze for his Belgian Dark Strong and American Barleywine. 3 entries, 3 medals.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 2/13/2013 1:33p).]
NColoradoAG
News is filtering out. Twitter and Facebook are the best tools in the hunt for younger. This is the most comprehensive list so far for Denver.

http://goo.gl/u4h9H

I'll probably skip the Denver tappings. I hope Homemade Liquids and Solids gets a couple again this year. Their release method is so perfect. I'll definitely be at a few in Fort Collins (Mayor of Old Town, Choice City Deli).
cpscAG06
AG
BA Old Rasputin hit Dallas today at total wine and specs
Jock 07
AG
Headed to Stone brewery sometime this weekend or possibly Mon on the way back from Coronado. Reading their website it says they start selling tours at 11am but limit tours to 25 people only. Has anyone been recently? Do I need to get there earlier than 11? Also any suggestions of beer bars in San Diego?
Thanks
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
ncolorado,

I am heading to Jester King and then the pizza place down the road that sells their bottle beers so if there is anything you would like me to pick up let me know. I dont think whiskey barrel rodeo is available right now. I have a bottle of the weasel rodeo

Out of curiosity, what's the name of the pizza place? My FIL lives about a mile and a half from Jester King as the crow flies(about 3-4 on the road once you get back to 71 and around to Fitzhugh). We need to get him to branch out when we go visit both in terms of beer and food choices.
cpscAG06
AG
green fairy - stanely's farmhouse pizza is the name
BSD
AG
quote:
Headed to Stone brewery sometime this weekend or possibly Mon on the way back from Coronado. Reading their website it says they start selling tours at 11am but limit tours to 25 people only. Has anyone been recently? Do I need to get there earlier than 11? Also any suggestions of beer bars in San Diego?
Thanks

Toronado (bar) and Alpine Brewing Co. are a must for me. Societe Brewing is also getting some good press, and one of my friends has actually contracted them to brew for him. One guy at Societe was a brewer at RRBC and the other is a Houston guy. I wanted to visit them in August when I was there but didn't have time, do I drank their Dandy IPA at Toronado.
streetfighter2012
AG
I think I've read that Stanley's pizza is only open when the brewery is open for tours
jetch17
AG
Deschutes 'Chasin Freshies' fresh hop IPA tonight

jetch17
AG
Aaaaaand more Myrcenary.....

wurmhole
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks

Toronado (bar) and Alpine Brewing Co. are a must for me. Societe Brewing is also getting some good press, and one of my friends has actually contracted them to brew for him. One guy at Societe was a brewer at RRBC and the other is a Houston guy. I wanted to visit them in August when I was there but didn't have time, do I drank their Dandy IPA at Toronado.

You could check out the South Park Stone company store and fill up a growler then cruise up 30th to Toronado in North Park. Both are fun neighborhoods.
Jock 07
AG
Little midweek pick me up

Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah and thanks for the info on San Diego
fav13andac1)c
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on Lagunitas Sucks? I was thinking about picking up a 6-er but wanted some opinions on it.
BSD
AG
Sucks has been well received here. I had this year's batch for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed.
jh0400
AG
Any breweries worth checking out in Santa Fe?
Jock 07
AG
And it would appear that there's gonna be a keg of the younger at toronado Sun morning
Jock 07
AG
jetch, I see a bottle of ska decadent there in the background. If you've never had it you might wanna give it a try. I thought it was pretty decent a couple years ago when I had it
jetch17
AG
jah003
S
quote:
Any breweries worth checking out in Santa Fe?

Not a brewery, but marble has a taproom downtown that is a pretty good time. Never been to Santa Fe brewing, but seems like it would be worth while (if they do tours).
AggieOO
drinking my Saison. it came out FANTASTIC...and its not just my biased opinion. Have been told the same by several third parties.
jetch17
AG
not bad actually

metrag06
AG
Snagged a 4 pack of Immort Ale at the West Alabama HEB this afternoon. Tried one - haven't decided if I really care for it or not. Will drink one more and let the other two age for a bit.
AggieOO
I love buffalo sweat. Haven't had that variety though.
army01
AG
I've been told to let immort age...for a couple of years....
Atty_Ag
Apparently my post got buried by cure dog pics above (RIP).

Has anyone been to South Austin Brewing who would be willing to share a review? I have two kegs coming, but I've never had it.
fav13andac1)c
AG
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28397

@Atty ag
Two Down
AG
YO JETCH - is that Odell purchase still a possibility? If so - let me/us know if I should front you some cheddar.
NColoradoAG
Any of you guys going to be in San Diego between 2/23 & 4/21?
BSD
AG
A few beers I brought/shipped home from my recent adventures (a few already missing for quality control purposes):

From Atlanta...

And from Mecca...

Cheers!
NColoradoAG
That should last you through mid march. I'm looking forward to the next batch of Sanctification.
jetch17
AG
2down, im going to talk to the guy at Goebels this afternoon, if they dont have anymore sixers in stock he will order and hold for me until i come back in March. So it WILL happen, i just need to see if it will be this time or next.
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.