Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,803 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just tried to call up to Great Heights to see what all they have. Trying to organize a group buy from a few breweries for some neighbors.
wessimo
AG
The only thing they have in cans right now is the beer I posted. It's tasty. I think they have a few others available in growlers.

http://www.greatheightsbrewing.com/

Eureka Heights has a few different options.

https://squareup.com/store/eureka-heights-brew-co

Both have efficient pick-up procedures.
CDub06
AG
Doing my part for the Montgomery County area. A few new ones for me:

Excalibur Avalonian & Moat Juice. Both were billed as hazy, but were more malty. Avalonian has some really nice hops. These guys are around the corner from Corkscrew, so I'm interested to visit when things get back to normal.

Back Pew Tanuki K2. First I've had of this series. Still have another in the refrigerator. I've only had the Back Pew stuff that HEB carries. Seemed like a cool location they have. This beer would be pretty great, but it had some green burn.

Megaton Tokamak. First one I had from these guys and it was just a great, straightforward hazy.

The winner of the batch: Megaton Srrawberry Smoothie Nuka-shine. It was a really great fruity sour. Can't wait to make it back out there.

Also had the Best Maid Spicy and it was a one & done. I loved the original and I love spicy. But this was just too much for me.

EDIT: I hate this imgur stuff. That's why I never share photos on here...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Saw some breweries banding together in Asheville for a combined pick up drive thru system right now. Neat idea.
FriedTex
AG
Living that Triple IPA life tonight
dave99ag
AG
Max Power
AG
Living outside of Texas I miss Spec's so much. I can almost never find Harp, and that's my favorite beer. I always have to settle. But I really love Dead Guy from Rogue.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Saw some breweries banding together in Asheville for a combined pick up drive thru system right now. Neat idea.

I have every confidence that if ours locally did that TABC would find some way to declare it illegal.
txag2008
AG
Basically a pineapple/banana mimosa. And by no means is that a bad thing.

Thanks NCol!
dave99ag
AG
Anxious to try that one!
Quincey P. Morris
AG

I'm not sure if it was actually an accident, but if it was it was a happy one for sure. I like it a lot.
HouseDivided06
AG
I'm trying to figure which one of mine I wanna pop open
Wheatables02
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I'm not sure if it was actually an accident, but if it was it was a happy one for sure. I like it a lot.
What was the brewed date on that? It looks like its over 6 months old and became pretty malty...
Hudson2508
AG
Just a heads up to the Austin folks, ABGB is selling cases of Rocket 100. If you like Live Oak pilz you'll love this one. Went and bought one today and I'm set for the quarentine.
MathNewman06
AG
Pre-Easter Black Mass.
stamper
AG
First post on the beer thread and first attempt at posting pics on texags. Long time lurker. First time trying jester king in cans. All damn solid. Spon the best. IPA's seemed a little under carbonated but great flavor

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Happy easter!

This is a good one.

BSD
AG
Topping Goliath Assassin release is coming up. They are allowing proxies this time. Go to their site to sign up.

https://www.tgbrews.com/assassin-bottle-release/
jah003
S
Got some leftover Franklin brisket heating up in the sous vide and this...

The weirdest birthday ever, but I ain't complaining.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Happy Birthday!
La Fours
AG
Happy birthday dude.
Objective Aggie
AG
everytime i see Seamus

maca1028

Happy Birthday bud!
Enjoying some spindletap stunner
La Fours
AG
La Fours
AG
What's up with that reusable crowler? Spindletap sell them or did you buy it elsewhere?
lne2011
AG
Not sure when they started to use these cans. But, crowler supply went to zero within a week of taprooms shutting down. Breweries are trying to get their hands on anything they can to get beer to customers.
La Fours
AG
That makes sense.
maca1028
I like it and hope that more breweries start using them. Mainly because I'm a lightweight and struggle finishing off a 32oz crowler in one sitting.
maca1028

This is fabulous
Objective Aggie
AG
maca1028 said:

This is fabulous
what is it? who makes that? How come none of my beers have handwritten labels?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
maca1028 said:

I like it and hope that more breweries start using them. Mainly because I'm a lightweight and struggle finishing off a 32oz crowler in one sitting.

Spoken like a true Astros fan.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind some smaller sizes. I can deal with 32s if I have time but usually, even if I have the time, I like to bounce around to different things.
CDub06
AG
I'm thankful for B-52 does 16 ounce fills. I would've grabbed more on my east county run last week, but seven 32 ounce crowlers was a lot to get through for me while it's still fresh.
La Fours
AG
That's cool. I've only ever seen a few of those in the wild and was curious. So was that 24oz fill?
maca1028
19.2 glorious ounces.
maca1028
Ingenious. On the labels, I'm not sure, it might be something they do for limited releases.
First Page Last Page
Page 1496 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.