Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,060 Views | 62487 Replies | Last: 19 sec ago by La Fours
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jh0400 said:

Santa Fe Bourbon Barrel Chicken Killer. It was a barrel-aged barley wine that they sold knowing it was infected. I didn't realize that part until I called to ask for a refund, and they pointed out the tasting notes on their website that included a reference to sour funk.
Santa Fe is looked down upon by everyone else in the industry in New Mexico for things like this. I've been and it's a disgusting taproom. I've had multiple breweries tell me that Santa Fe's sanitizing practices are shameful and the employees are usually just there to drink.

It's appalling that they're the "big one" that most people know from the state. But sometimes it goes like that.
MW13
AG
CDub06 said:

MW13 said:

Over quarantine I've found Miss Marmalade a Martin House sour with lactose and citrus
Same. Martin House is distributing more down here now and they've got some good sours. The Marmalade was my favorite by far. Between the pickle beers and their other single cans on the HEB shelf, I think I've done 5 of theirs this month. I love their can art too.
I lived in Fort Worth when Martin House opened up and have been a fan ever since. They are pretty impressive to me in that they take a lot of big swings and most of them are usually pretty good, some are great.
jh0400
AG
We went to their tasting room a few years ago, and it was a **** hole. I can't believe they've been as successful as they have.
NColoradoAG
I was doing some spring cleaning this weekend and came across three boxes that would be perfect for shipping some cans of WeldWerks. Who wants to put in an order? I can probably fit 8 cans in each box. You can even order singles during these wild times! First three to claim the offer win.

I'll put the order in for all of you once we decide what we're getting. I will be sure to use plenty of the new WeldWerks brand hand sanitizer while packing!

https://weldwerksonline.square.site/
wessimo
AG
Awesome! I'm down for a box for myself, or I'll split with someone else in Houston (Heights area).
dave99ag
AG
I'm in for a box!
txag2008
AG
I'm in for a DFW box (I'm in far north Dallas) if anyone in the area wants to go in for halfies.
NColoradoAG
txag2008 said:

I'm in for a DFW box (I'm in far north Dallas) if anyone in the area wants to go in for halfies.
Sharing is caring!
CDub06
AG
Too slow...
HouseDivided06
AG
txag2008 said:

I might be interested in splitting. How much are we talking here?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'll split wessimos HOUSTON box if he wants to.
wessimo
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I'll split wessimos HOUSTON box if he wants to.

Sounds good.
NColoradoAG
Houston is good to go with a split box.
dave99ag
AG
CDub06 said:

Too slow...

How often are you in CS?
txag2008
AG
Spitballing here...

$5/can * 8 = $40
+$20 shipping

Guessing it'd be ~$30-40 per person
HouseDivided06
AG
Roger that. Yeah sure what the hell, I'll split it with you if you are game
txag2008
AG
Looks like Dallas is good to go for a split box.
MW13
AG
I'd split a B/CS box with you if you were looking to split. If you're not, no worries.
dave99ag
AG
If Cdub can't make it over to CS, the split is yours.
jah003
S
AUSTIN ASSEMBLE!
maca1028
Damnit man!
ChipFTAC01
AG
If it's anything like that fancy Prairie shipment from a few years ago you'll probably just get to keep all the beer. I never did go pick up my beers from whomever had them. Figure the statute of limitations has passed and I hope he enjoyed my beer.
txag2008
AG
Just so we're all clear, these are 16oz hand sanitizer cans right??
hbc07
AG
CDub06 said:

In regard to the worst beer I've had. Untappd says it's Good Juju from Left Hand, but that was back in 2013 and I probably can't be trusted from that timeframe. Some of my ratings from early on are embarrassing...

The worst one I can remember from more recently was a saison from Braindead called Good Morning Dave. It tasted more of hairspray than a saison.
Were you not a part of the Rogue Voodoo Donut Maple Bacon Bar group buy that I helped organize ~2011? A lot of people had rather strong opinions about that beer.
jetch17
AG
Cali folk, I'm in if y'all can wrangle the logistics...

Quote:

As we enter our third week of the shelter in place order, our skeleton crew continues to work hard keeping things afloat here at RRBC! We are strictly following recommended protocols to ensure the health and well-being of our entire staff, families and customers. Virtual meetings and Happy Hours are quickly becoming the new social norm for everyone! Our in-house team is presently busy taking monthly inventory, restocking shipping boxes and other materials and simply trying to catch our breath. But we do have a limited amount of Blind Pig and Pliny bottles ready to ship through online Gift Shop orders this week! There are still a few cases of Row 2 cans left as well. Next week we plan to have more options available including some fun and exciting NEW beers in cans. Thank you all for your continued support while we all navigate this complicated and stressful time. Stay well! https://www.shop.russianriverbrewing.com/collections/most-popular/bottles-and-cans #plinytheelder #blindpigipa #row2hill56 #shelterinplacebeer #rrbccrew
jh0400
AG
jetch17 said:

Cali folk, I'm in if y'all can wrangle the logistics...

Quote:

As we enter our third week of the shelter in place order, our skeleton crew continues to work hard keeping things afloat here at RRBC! We are strictly following recommended protocols to ensure the health and well-being of our entire staff, families and customers. Virtual meetings and Happy Hours are quickly becoming the new social norm for everyone! Our in-house team is presently busy taking monthly inventory, restocking shipping boxes and other materials and simply trying to catch our breath. But we do have a limited amount of Blind Pig and Pliny bottles ready to ship through online Gift Shop orders this week! There are still a few cases of Row 2 cans left as well. Next week we plan to have more options available including some fun and exciting NEW beers in cans. Thank you all for your continued support while we all navigate this complicated and stressful time. Stay well! https://www.shop.russianriverbrewing.com/collections/most-popular/bottles-and-cans #plinytheelder #blindpigipa #row2hill56 #shelterinplacebeer #rrbccrew

Seconded.
NColoradoAG
So it looks like Ill send boxes to Dallas, Houston, and College Station. Shoot me a PM with the cans each of you wants. I'll need a shipping label too for whomever will be taking receipt of the goods.
cgary11
AG
I always wondered why there wasn't more muling on this thread.

I would be in for the RRBC or any other mules if someone does it.
CDub06
AG
Typically I'm in B/CS quite frequently. In this weird world we live in right now, it doesn't happen.

Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll let MW take the split.
dave99ag
AG
Yeah, I wasn't sure with the crazy times going on and I'm not sure when I'll make it over to B52 as we stocked up 2 weeks in a row.

MW13, get your 4 to NoCo and we'll figure out the rest.
CDub06
AG
I was not. I'm a big fan of weird, so I'm sorry I missed out.
La Fours
AG
CDub06 said:

Trust me, you are glad have missed out.

I completely forgot about Voodoo Maple Donut beer. That's the absolutely worst beer I have ever had. Worse than the BA Baptist I mentioned earlier.
jetch17
AG
Voodoo

wessimo
AG
PM sent.
hbc07
AG
La Fours said:

CDub06 said:

Trust me, you are glad have missed out.

I completely forgot about Voodoo Maple Donut beer. That's the absolutely worst beer I have ever had. Worse than the BA Baptist I mentioned earlier.
It was just so salty and so smokey. There was no other flavor.

I just went back and looked... that whole ordeal started on page 5 of this thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 1494 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.