Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,109 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by steve00
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drizly is operating here in Texas now. I think it started after this COVID business when the governor approved temporarily allowing to go drinks from restaurants, and is only temporary until this shelter in place stuff ends.
La Fours
AG
Don't act like you haven't stuck your dick in boxes of lesser quality over the years.
txag2008
AG
jh0400 said:

Kern River just let me place an order through their website for delivery to Texas.
Interesting. Know of any others?

I tried Moonraker a few days ago and it denied any TX addresses.
jh0400
AG
That was the only one I tried.
62strat
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

And I really doubt that the restaurants around you are killing it. More likely struggling to hang on.
Hard to know, but I live in a small town (50k), and before all this started happening, there was already a few restaurant groups on facebook that had a lot of activity with the local restaurant owners and residents. About the day it was announced no more inside dining, (mid March) someone made a google excel doc (an Aggie did it!) showing nearly every restaurant (about 100 of them) and whether they have curbside/pick up, delivery, or 1 of 3 delivery companies along with modified menus posted in the groups and on restaurant pages.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cgknpA_9_IbNmPI-MQ3FN7bHnhAd0gIqj3J_wXMl6fI/edit?fbclid=IwAR36dZUcWJnlY1bwbZPr9FiiR-dEiclzMsqaIGDVXPUHeprS0ANoo29XA3U#gid=0

It seems the community really came together and a lot of people are ordering out every day of the week, just judging by the pics posted in the FB groups. There was 1 specific restaurant that said they had a better friday night then a typical pre covid friday. Granted, their overhead might be a lot lower, because 75% of the employees were probably laid off. It's just an owner, a cook or two, and someone handling phone/facebook/payments and maybe a part time delivery driver.

The fuzzys taco that opened up about a year ago had a 1 hour wait for walk ins last friday. I went in, and the bartender lady had no lie a drink order ready and packaged at the bar every 2 minutes for a solid 45 minutes I was there waiting. There were 10 people right outside the kitchen frantically setting up and packaging food orders on tables, and a doordash/grubhub line of drivers waiting to pick up orders.

We, personally, are eating out more now then we were precovid. We are roughly 3 times a week now, before it was usually just once. We are doing our part to support these businesses, many of them local, one location restaurants. I still stop by 1 of our 3 breweries once or twice a week and pick up a crowler or two as well.

We actually haven't had one restaurant close that didn't close the day it was announced that no dining inside would allowed. There were about a dozen that closed that day, but none since. That's been about 3 weeks I suppose.
jh0400
AG
jh0400 said:

Kern River just let me place an order through their website for delivery to Texas.

And they just emailed me to let me know they won't ship to Texas.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jh0400 said:

jh0400 said:

And they just emailed me to let me know they won't ship to Texas.

I figured that might happen, but didn't want to be the downer. That's why I posted that petition earlier! Everyone sign that!
dave99ag
AG
I think that Abbott might allow Texas breweries to ship in Texas, but I see no hope of ones outside of Texas shipping to us.
JamesBREI06
AG
K Bo said:

HopDropIt delivers cans, as well, straight from the breweries

Hop Drop is aggie owned too
www.gohopdrop.com
Whoop!
K Bo
AG
I'm a subscriber, great to know!
K Bo
AG
CDub06
AG
They deliver from the brewery down the road, but don't make deliveries TO our zip code...
JamesBREI06
AG
CDub06 said:

They deliver from the brewery down the road, but don't make deliveries TO our zip code...

Where you at? I can probably make it happen ...
Whoop!
CDub06
AG
Conroe. 77304.

I'd checked the other day because B52 gave them a shoutout.
JamesBREI06
AG
CDub06 said:

Conroe. 77304.

Want to PM me your address and I'll send it to them? I'm one of their advisors
Whoop!
CDub06
AG
I guess I'll re-up my TexAgs subscription to get my PMs back and hope you're not someone I've upset during my brief stay on Forum 16
JamesBREI06
AG
CDub06 said:

I guess I'll re-up my TexAgs subscription to get my PMs back and hope you're not someone I've upset during my brief stay on Forum 16

Strange... your username Still has two stars by it, and trust me I'm butthurting my fair share over in the 16th right now.
Whoop!
CDub06
AG
Yeah, I let it lapse about a year ago and those stars never disappeared. Bills paid, PM sent.
steve00
AG
Enjoying a Heady Topper while I get dinner going. Akaushi ribeye from HeartBrand Beef in Flatonia.

The pandemic has been rough on my beer supplies. A little over a month ago I had 17 cases. Looks like that isn't going to make it through this month.
La Fours
AG
inoffensive username said:

CDub06 said:

Conroe. 77304.

Think you could advise them to expand to BCS for delivery?
JamesBREI06
AG
La Fours said:

inoffensive username said:

CDub06 said:

Conroe. 77304.

Think you could advise them to expand to BCS for delivery?

Haha! Maybe someday
Whoop!
SoTxAg
AG
Y'all think most TX craft breweries will be able to weather this storm by just doing curbside and a few deliveries for the next month or so? Feel sorry for the ones that recently opened up like Black Laboratory here In SA.
JamesBREI06
AG
SoTxAg said:

Y'all think most TX craft breweries will be able to weather this storm by just doing curbside and a few deliveries for the next month or so? Feel sorry for the ones that recently opened up like Black Laboratory here In SA.

I'm doing my part in Houston!
Whoop!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Topher17 said:

Jester King doing proxy pickups to try and weather this storm. I live in Austin and will proxy for folks if anyone is interested.

Thank you Topher! Doesn't get much better than a cold Live Oak Pilz in the backyard on a sunny afternoon to wind down the work week! Might be my favorite part of the box you sent, shamelessly.

ChipFTAC01
AG
No. I think we'll probably see the current crop thinned by 30-40%.
Jock 07
AG
Foudreweizen, one of my favorite JK beers. And for those of y'all searching for Pliny let me know if I can help from the LA area. Not sure if there's anywhere down here to acquire cases down here or not.
Objective Aggie
AG
Since being held in captivity, I have had ample time to explore a few beers.

Have likes most everything by Prairie Artisan Ales out of Oklahoma

Bomb was great (expensive) - (imperial stout aged on coffee, chocolate, vanilla beans, and ancho chili peppers)

one of best hazy IPAs I have had

double IPA, good but not as good as all y'all

MARTIN HOUSE

OUterstellar (includes Black Currant Sour ale and a Cherry Sour Ale)
one of my recent favorites if you are into this.

MANHATTAN PROJECT

Black Matter is a crazy good coffee porter.

Objective Aggie
AG
also bought this from Martin House but not opened yet

16%ABV
brandy aged imperial stout.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How much did you pay for the Bomb? Regular bomb should run just like $8ish bucks if I recall correctly, not too bad considering the ABV.
Objective Aggie
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

How much did you pay for the Bomb? Regular bomb should run just like $8ish bucks if I recall correctly, not too bad considering the ABV.
$10
jetch17
AG
Some Yellow Rose lunchies

dave99ag
AG
Grilling for my boy's birthday today. Somehow I have a 4yr old now!
CDub06
AG
Had to go support Corkscrew BBQ today and decided to spend some money at a few SE Montgomery County (ish) breweries too. Got some crowlers from the new guys in Excalibur & Megaton and got a couple of Tanukis from Back Pew as well.
jetch17
AG
Decided to just make an afternoon of sittin in the garage watchin the rain with some tunes and drink beer

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Nothing wrong with watching the rain. I just wish there was a little bit of thunder to go with it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1492 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.