Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,002 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kinda thinking we suspend Beer Madness. This effing sucks!

jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Kinda thinking we suspend Beer Madness. This effing sucks!

I've been going back and forth on the matter. I mean... it's still happening (in theory). Although watching/picking those games is gonna be weird as crap.

I've been erring towards the side of let's do it, but we can certainly play things by ear until next Thursday. I'll actually be out of town Saturday-Wednesday.
jah003
S
Yea... **** has escalated quickly... I'm just going to shut it down for this year. I doubt the tourney even gets played.
Wheatables02
AG
you call can send me a courtesy box if you want...PM for address!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
jah003 said:

Yea... **** has escalated quickly... I'm just going to shut it down for this year. I doubt the tourney even gets played.

With the NBA suspending their season I have to think the other sports aren't far behind.
dave99ag
AG
Entry on the trophy: 2020 - *****COVID
jah003
S
Nothing left to do now but hunker down and drink some beers. I'm fairly confident spring break gets extended or we go to some sort of "online learning community". Headed to the store today to do some stocking. I mean that is very clearly essential...
TAM85
Yellow Rose is still my go to IPA. If you go there, they will over token you. Four of us went and with the big glasses they use, I came home with 6 tokens.
La Fours
AG
So apparently Duke and Kansas have announced they won't play in the tourney. So I expect an announcement very soon from the NCAA canceling the tourney.
62strat
AG
The question is along the lines of 'what do you plan to do during this hiatus?'

La Fours
AG
And here it is.

La Fours
AG
That's awesome!
jah003
S
No CWS either which means why bother playing the regular season. I just called and cancelled cable. There's no point anymore.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Welp, one positive from this is that I at least don't have to worry about my annual beer donation to Dave or his wife.
dave99ag
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Welp, one positive from this is that I at least don't have to worry about my annual beer donation to Dave or his wife.
She had already been researching teams. Apparently having a PhD in healthcare economics makes you good at fantasy sports. My picks are blind ass luck.
La Fours
AG
I still have a beer to drink that Hudson sent me from last year.
Wheatables02
AG
I took about 5 months off from Tavour and recently loaded up on 30 cans. It's shipping from Seattle. Should I be concerened? Maybe let it sit in the garage for two weeks where its an avg temp of 50 degrees?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I took about 5 months off from Tavour and recently loaded up on 30 cans. It's shipping from Seattle. Should I be concerened? Maybe let it sit in the garage for two weeks where its an avg temp of 50 degrees?

COVID19 can stay alive for 3 days on surfaces. 2 weeks should be good enough. Or wipe down with 70% alcohol sanitizer.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487110-tests-indicate-coronavirus-can-survive-in-the-air
turfman80
AG
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
maca1028
Have any of y'all had roughhouse near Wimberley yet? Heading home from Fredericksburg tomorrow, it's a toss up between that or JK.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How are Logsdon beers? Seen them before but haven't pulled the trigger.
La Fours
AG
All the beers I have had from them were great. Highly recommend. Peche n Brett, and Seizoen Bretta in particular, are fantastic beers.
SoTxAg
AG
I've had a couple Roughhouse beers, Ona being the one i remember the most. Middleton brewing is at the corner of the highway so you can easily do Roughhouse and Middleton in one trip.
SoTxAg
AG
Spent the past week in Breckinridge, CO with the family. Made it to the Breck brew pub and enjoyed the hazy ne and west coast ipas. I recommend Outer Range Brewery in Frisco if you ever find yourself in the area, good stuff.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

This one is solid.
jah003
S
Wife and I at Rowley in Santa Fe. Only ones here. We got this social distancing stuff on lock...
jah003
S
This is really tasty...
Hudson2508
AG
Had an allergy infection...or Corona....all week. Headed to Hunt to stay on the Guad and fly fish all week. Will open up some good stuff while we're off the grid. Trying to finish off my cellar fridge so I can use it as an actual freezer. March Madness getting cancelled means I just have to drink it myself.
reesei10

I guess I needed a reason, so COVID-19 it is.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

WFH beer.
fav13andac1)c
AG
And TexAgs up. Baller.
Hudson2508
AG
Made it off the grid....

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Welp, alll bars, breweries, wineries, and restaurants are closed in Oregon starting tomorrow, for 4 weeks.

Made a beer run and found some goods at least.

maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/B90MP1zJtCh
Toronado is making it seem like they're closing for good.
jetch17
AG
Falling Rock had a post today that made them sound worried about reopening too
First Page Last Page
Page 1488 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.