Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,934 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I honestly think I had less than 6 beers last year. Most in December. Didn't log a single one.

CDub06
AG
I live a mile from the place. Sometimes I'll go up there just to pick up dinner from the rotating food truck.
dave99ag
AG
Nice! We try to stop by when visiting the Woodlands, which isn't as often these days. Still worth the 45 min trip from CS on nice weekends.
army01
AG
Question for the beer and bourbon drinkers. What does it take to get a bottle of Blantons? Would a 4 pack of 2013/2014 BCBS get it? A 2013 Backyard Rye?
La Fours
AG
I doubt that would get a bottle of Blantons.

Honestly, getting to know your local liquor store owner/manager would probably be the best option. Plus, it will help you down the line with other hard to acquire spirits and beers.

While Blantons doesn't stay on the shelf long, or show up on the shelves, most decent stores get fairly regular shipments. The Specs stores in College Station seem to get some every 4-6 weeks at minimum. Most of them go to bars and restaurants.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think it depends on who you're trading with. Blanton's goes so fast in Texas, but if someone made that offer in a different market where it was easier to obtain, I would make that trade. Those were some great BCBS years.
Bmac04
AG
army01 said:

Question for the beer and bourbon drinkers. What does it take to get a bottle of Blantons? Would a 4 pack of 2013/2014 BCBS get it? A 2013 Backyard Rye?
A mixed 4 pack of 13/14 BCBS is around $70, Backyard Rye is around $120 and Blantons is around $80. You can definitely get a Blantons for a BR, probably not for the 4 pack of bcbs though.
Aggie1391
Does anyone know a way for me to get my hands on Southern Tier beer? They used to make a blueberry tart beer during the spring that I loved.
MW03
AG
SoTxAg said:

Stopped by the 504 Bottle Shop in New Orleans. Picked up a few things i havent sampled before from Public Access brewing and Equilibrium brewing, plus some stuff from louisiana based breweries (Parish, Great Raft, Urban South). Chandeleur's Love Bug was pretty good too. Good time.

Great Raft has started showing up in my area, and I've been really enjoying it. Especially "Commotion" and "Southern Drawl". Solid brewery.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Bummer. Collective Brewing, one of my favorite Texas breweries is closing...

https://instagr.am/p/B7Et1mGnlMt
maca1028

Stocking up for the big 4 0 next week. Thanks BSD!
jwag
AG
Collective closing isn't surprising. Lots of holiday events, lack of taproom updates online, etc. Gonna stock up where I can. But yeah, bummer.
maca1028
An old high school friend of mine moved to PA last year and is looking to start trading to stay stocked up on Houston stuff. What should I ask for?
Bmac04
AG
maca1028 said:

An old high school friend of mine moved to PA last year and is looking to start trading to stay stocked up on Houston stuff. What should I ask for?
Depends on what part of PA but Tired Hands, Voodoo stouts and Brew Gentleman is a good start.
big-ag
AG
I love Troegs.
Bmac04
AG
Any of you Houston Ags going to get the new ingenious mega man glass? If so I would love to work something out for it.
Kyle98
AG
big-ag said:

I love Troegs.
I'll second this. Troegs is awesome. I was at Ft Indiantown Gap for a month last summer, and we drove over to Troegs several times when we had down time. Great place to visit and awesome beer. They do crowlers, so have him get a nice variety for you.
army01
AG
Appreciate the info. I lost all of my liquor and beer store contacts when we moved two years ago. Working on establishing those again.
La Fours
AG
I had a hell of week at work and I decided to treat myself tonight.

This is one of two bottles left from the box Hudson sent me for March Madness.

It's amazing as always. One of my favorite beers.

Thanks Hudson.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Very nice! I have one bottle I am saving right now too, also one of my favorites. Cheers!
Bmac04
AG
Now imagine how it would taste in a clean glass
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

Now imagine how it would taste in a clean glass
Bro... he just left the authentic Jester King caliche flora on the glass...
La Fours
AG
Lol. I even rinsed out the glass and dried it off before I used it.
maca1028
Rough day in the tine. I might drink too much tonight.

I give up on posting pics.
Drinking a French toast achromatic
Chipotlemonger
AG

Here you go!
txag2008
AG
You're as good at posting pics as the 'Stros are at cheating.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Introduced my dad to black lager beer this past week and he loves them! Pretty neat to finally find another craft beer outside of ambers and blondes that he knows he likes.

Guess it runs in the family. Black lagers are my favorite style of beer.
maca1028
txag2008 said:

You're as good at posting pics as the 'Stros are at cheating.
Jock 07
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Introduced my dad to black lager beer this past week and he loves them! Pretty neat to finally find another craft beer outside of ambers and blondes that he knows he likes.

Guess it runs in the family. Black lagers are my favorite style of beer.

I've always found it amusing that our generation has taught our fathers how to drink good beer
jah003
S
I picked a bad month to stop drinking...

At least the basketball team has given me a glimmer of hope.
La Fours
AG
Give it time.
dave99ag
AG
I'm liking what I see with Aggie hoops and Buzz, but it's going to be a tough season. Gotta watch for the bright spots like hardnosed D and Andre Gordon. Oh and they're serving $12 beer now.
La Fours
AG
I am very pleased with the basketball teams improvement so far this year. I'm a fan of Buzz and am looking forward to what he does with the team.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Beer thread has been dead lately! Everyone in Dry January?
reesei10
Not this guy, but should be!

This is a great beer and best I've had by these guys, but way better on draft.
First Page Last Page
Page 1480 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.