Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,738 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by La Fours
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

1. Favorite beer of 2019
Top 3 in no order
Burt Macklin (triple IPA) by Turning Point
BBA Adoration (Belgian dark ale) by Ommegang
Abraxas (imperial stout) by Perrenial Artisan Ales

2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019
Tupps DDH (and in particular, series 11)

3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019
Perrenial Artisan Ales in St Louis, MO

4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before.
Tupps and Turning Point

5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc.
Bought a Utopias that I'm terrified to try but was a beer bucket list item. Thought I'd get tired of hazy IPAs but I can't quit them.
steve00
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019
Maine Dinner

2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019
Evolution Lot 3 - most widely available non-hazy IPA at restaurants and bars around here. Maine Lunch was a close second until the last 3 months where I stopped being able to reliably find it at the grocery or beer store.

3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019
Maine Beer Company - Perfect brewery experience. DogfishHead was cool from a historical craft beer perspective, but wasn't an amazing experience.

4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before?
Alchemist - it is a 9 hour drive, and I'm thinking of doing a long weekend where I hit Lawson's and Alchemist, then go over to Maine Beer and hit Trillium on the way back down. Much easier to haul a nice stock back in the Jeep than checking boxes on a plane.

5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc.
Not really. This was much more of a wine year for me since I'm tired of all the hazy IPAs on all the taps here.
jh0400
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019 - Southern Grist Batida with Mango
2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019 - Probably Eureka Heights Mostly Harmless
3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019 - Southern Grist
4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? - Hill Farmstead
5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc. - I didn't drink as much beer in 2019. It was definitely more of a whiskey and wine year. As far as style preference I still like sours and barrel-aged stouts, but this year I tended to drink more "normal" beers.
MW03
AG
What're yalls favorite Texas beers you can typically grab at a well stocked grocery or liquor store? I'm not talking crazy rare stuff or things you can only get at the brewery.

maca1028
1. Favorite beer of 2019 - Ghost in the Machine, had it before but it was nice to buy it off the shelf instead of trade for it.
2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019 - Houston Haze
3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019 - Sigma...kinda boring answer here but didn't travel much this year.
4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? - Hopefully something in or around London
5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc. - Not much changed here, still an IPA guy.
Gator_2
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019- Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout. Finally found this on tap and loved everything about it.

2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019- Shiner Holiday Cheer. Not the craftiest beer, but I drink so much of this during the holidays.

3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019- Trillium in Boston. So many good Hazy IPAs.

4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before?-B-52. I'm real close to this place, just haven't had a chance to go.

5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" ? - Went on a trip to Germany and Switzerland and had a ton of amazing German beers, including the heaviest beer by gravity at Vetter's Alt Heidelberger .
Easy come, easy go
Hudson2508
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019- Too 3
1. Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze
2. Big Bend BA Marfa Lights
3. Hill Farmstead Mary

2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019- Live Oak Pilz

3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019- ABGB

4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? Hill Farmstead is really my only bucket list brewery.

5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" ? - Work got nuts and having a 1 and a 3 year old made it tough to drink much beer. Will do better next year.
maca1028
Not bad.
JamesBREI06
AG

1. Favorite beer of 2019: drank my 2017 unicorn tears from Fremont. As far as a beer from 2019 I'd say Dick Jones from Sigma

2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019. Gotta be Art Car mostly due to copious amounts of Astros games.

3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019. Just to say something from out of town I'll say Creature Comforts in Athens.

4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before?
Looking forward to Local Group opening in Houston. They are friends of ours.

I think I'm about over NEIPAs they had a good three year run. For all the Houston guys I got all of Jimmy's releases and they were all amazing. I think 2020 is going to be the return of west coast for me. If anyone here lives in Houston and has not been to Baileson do yourself a favor and go. IMHO, and I have been to just about every brewery in town, they have the best west coast in the city.
Whoop!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Where is Local Group opening?
JamesBREI06
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Where is Local Group opening?

In Hardy Yards a few minutes away from St Arnold. They hired a bad ass chef too. I'm pretty excited.
Whoop!
JamesBREI06
AG
Gator2_15 said:

4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before?-B-52. I'm real close to this place, just haven't had a chance to go.

Gooooooooo. Amazing brewery experience. Aside from being a top 5 brewery beer wise, the grounds are amazing as well.

Whoop!
big-ag
AG
MW03 said:

What're yalls favorite Texas beers you can typically grab at a well stocked grocery or liquor store? I'm not talking crazy rare stuff or things you can only get at the brewery.

Local go-to beers in DFW are Community Mosaic IPA, Four Corners Local Buzz, and TUPPS DDH IPA.
JamesBREI06
AG
MW03 said:

If NEIPAs are your thing Houston Haze getting distributed in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. Art Car and Yellow Rose are typically easy to find for more traditional IPAs. Community Mosiac is awesome, but dangerous with the ABV. SA Pub Crawl and Deep Ellum Easy Peasy if day drinking
Whoop!
maca1028
I've enjoyed a lot of the stuff Martin House is distributing.
Bmac04
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019 - Side Project BBT b2
2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019 - Heady Topper and Hill Farmstead cans
3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019 - Hill Farmstead....going again next month
4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? - Cantillon
5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc. - Stopped trying to tick everything and realized I'm happy just crushing hops
Wheatables02
AG
. Favorite beer of 2019 - BCBS Cafe variant
2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019 - Trillium
3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019 - Trillium and Creature Comforts
4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? - Spindletap
5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc. - went to Boston and Maine and drank all the ipas I could.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019 - Utopias 2019
2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019 - probably Art Car or Dream Crusher.
3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019 - 5 Stones
4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? - B-52
5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc. - Got to try lots of new things through a monthly share I go to. Favorites styles haven't changed though.
jetch17
AG
Think I may head up to Spindletap this afternoon for some hazys for NYE, along with some RRBC & Rare Barrels tonight - I have a feeling my guts will be hating me tomorrow with haze & sours lined up

Edit: well piss, I think ST is closed today.
jwag
AG
1. Favorite beer of 2019 - Hop Fusion Tejano Lager fully dressed at taproom
2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019 - Modelo Especial w/ lime
3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019 - Jester King for Zwanze Day
4. What brewery would you want to visit in 2020 that you have never been to before? - Lost Abbey
5. Any other notes...did your favorite style of beer change, did you get to do anything "beer bucket list" like, etc. - Less beer in '19, more mixed beverages. Martin House here in FW killed it this year but I can only handle a couple sours every sitting due to being old af. Modern Times & all the New Glarus in WI. were tasty.
MathNewman06
AG
inoffensive username said:

1. Favorite beer of 2019: drank my 2017 unicorn tears from Fremont. As far as a beer from 2019 I'd say Dick Jones from Sigma

2. Beer you drank the most of in 2019. Gotta be Art Car mostly due to copious amounts of Astros games.

3. Favorite brewery you visited in 2019. Just to say something from out of town I'll say Creature Comforts in Athens.

I think I'm about over NEIPAs they had a good three year run. For all the Houston guys I got all of Jimmy's releases and they were all amazing. I think 2020 is going to be the return of west coast for me. If anyone here lives in Houston and has not been to Baileson do yourself a favor and go. IMHO, and I have been to just about every brewery in town, they have the best west coast in the city.

Also looking forward to local group getting going. We are friends with Todd and his family (have a son the same age as one of his), and I spent a couple days brewing with Huggy this summer.
JamesBREI06
AG
MathNewman06 said:

inoffensive username said:

Also looking forward to local group getting going. We are friends with Todd and his family (have a son the same age as one of his), and I spent a couple days brewing with Huggy this summer.

My wife met Mary at the Y. We've been friends ever since. Our daughter is same age as their youngest. Cheers and see you at the brewery
Whoop!
jetch17
AG
Kicking the NYE afternoon off - my old lady picked up some of the latest Saint A. Now that Karbud stopped making big&bright this is another good hoppy grapefruited option in Tine

plus beers & explosives are taking shape for a fun evening at home

dave99ag
AG
Cheers to New Beers in 2020! It was a good year for the family and anxious to see what's to discover for the coming year.

Wheatables02
AG
Cracked this guy last night in the hospital. My third child and first girl is l was born in the afternoon. She and Mom are healthy and we're already home.

jetch17
AG
Congrats!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations!
dave99ag
AG
Congratulations!
Scriffer
AG
Congrats!
Scriffer
AG
And my entry

Merry New Year ya lushes
jetch17
AG
Poppin tops

Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a great beer
jetch17
AG
Indeed, delicious
Scriffer
AG
Kinda slumming it now compared to earlier

jetch17
AG
Happy New Years beer threaders

First Page Last Page
Page 1478 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.