Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,145 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by SoTxAg
reesei10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have wanted to try this one for a while now. Finally found a fresh one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of controversial styles or beers, has anyone had or seen that Adelberts Three Philosphers lately?

Local watering hole got a keg of Great Notion come through, as well as a few cans. Have not had many beers from the Portland OR flagships (This one, Hair of the Dog, etc.). This one lives up to the hype, Super Over Ripe IPA. Hazy double with a pina colada quality. I still generally prefer the more typical less hazy IPAs, but this is a good one.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hen House Hollow Moon
Really great stuff.
reesei10
Black Thunder! I have missed you!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bring it back to the full year lineup ABW!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Damn Chipotle. Hope you're doing okay.
La Fours
AG
Damn. Yeah man, hope you're good Chipotlemonger.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank y'all very much! We are doing okay. It has been a crazy week here. Should be safe where we're at but ready to go at moment's notice.
jetch17
AG
Yikes
La Fours
AG
Stay safe man. Glad y'all are good so far.
maca1028
Happy to hear that man!
jetch17
AG
Killer patio afternoon ... slamming ghosts ITM & brash pussalias

jetch17
AG
Right as chirinos stepped in for HR

jetch17
AG
Mas

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Found an A&M flag at a brewery in the middle of nowhere, Oregon!

Out scouting for ducks in Klamath Falls and stopped at a local brewery (Klamath Basin Brewing Co). Beer is decent.
maca1028
Howdy Austin
ChipFTAC01
AG
Am I blind or am I totally missing the A&M flag in that picture.
lne2011
AG
To the left of the air vent.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well we ended up having to evacuate early this morning. It was a long night. We are safe though, staying down in the bay tonight.

About to go to The Rare Barrel so I guess not all is bad! I really appreciate all of the kind words and thoughts y'all.
dave99ag
AG
Stay safe out there and hope everything comes out ok!
Hudson2508
AG
Damn, that sucks. Stay safe and hope you can go home soon.

What do you grab when you're evacuating your stuff? I'd probably grab my Cantillon, my guns and my fly rods.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I regret not packing at least some of my cellar beer/wine, but that can always be replaced.

I don't fly fish so none of that! Grabbed the guns though. We were prepared, had a few things all together in bags and suitcases to take...some living necessities and all the important docs.

On second thought I left my bottle of ETL bourbon wouldn't mind a pour of that right now.
turfman80
AG
Enjoying some Surly suitcased back from Arizona.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
dave99ag
AG
Take it back!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Well I have the say the Rare Barrel is an awesome place. Not only is the beer spectacular, but they do a stellar job on their food too. Highly recommend it if you are in the Bay Area! Their 6th anniversary ale smelled and tasted like a tootsie roll.

This is a bottle I took to go. I had the Sauvignon blanc variant but I am excited to see what the cab and Tempranillo one is like.

We are not home yet. We are both working remotely as able and monitoring the situation from afar. Upwards of 180k people had to evacuate. The zones are shifting as the fire continues and changes. Tonight is supposed to be a last wave of high winds in the area (fingers crossed), so hopefully tomorrow going forward it is only going to decrease in scope.

To make it beer related even more, RRBC Windsor is closed on the west side of 101 near Shiloh rd. The fire spread to east and northeast Windsor, but has not crossed 101. They are heavily defending this barrier to try to contain the fire. Meanwhile, the downtown Santa Rosa brewpub is actually open! They are offering anything free to first responders, as are a lot of local businesses. It is crazy how differently seemingly close places are being handled, in terms of evacs and power shut offs. Our apartment is okay. My office is much closer to the fire and all, but currently okay.
BowSowy
AG
We all told you to stay away from CA but you didn't listen. The good news is you don't really have to worry about your fantasy team amidst all this
jetch17
AG
Ghosts & pumpkins with the bro-in-law before taking the kids out tonight

Robert C. Christian
AG
Took the little one trick or treating then came back to pop open my yearly Punpkinator. Good way to wind down the evening,
BSD
AG
Wow. 5 months without a beer. That's the longest streak since I was like 7 years old.
Jock 07
AG
I can stomach most any beer but this **** was terrible. My Dad was in town and bought this stuff and after one sip I was done. I suppose if you're a fan of jagermister you might enjoy it.
Jock 07
AG
Headed up to San Fran on Sun midday for work for a few days. Will be staying in Union Square w/o access to a car. Any breweries or good beer bars in walking/ public transportation/short uber distance?
jetch17
AG
anyone ever had Parish Brewing Attacus Atlas? Saw the Bunker HEB got some pallets of it yesterday in cans only about 5 days old ... may go get some for the weekend
BSD
AG
This would make a good day:

Cellarmaker Brewing
Mikkeller Bar
City Beer Store

All within a few blocks of each other.
Bmac04
AG
Anyone going to the game tomorrow and want to have some beers before?
jcbaggie04
AG
Jock 07 said:

DI can stomach most any beer but this **** was terrible. My Dad was in town and bought this stuff and after one sip I was done. I suppose if you're a fan of jagermister you might enjoy it.

Props to your dad for trying though. Yes that does look rather awful, but a dad could show up with Budweiser or a Coors banquet beer.... solid effort.
First Page Last Page
Page 1468 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.