Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,842 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hudson2508
AG
How the F did you do that? I tried 50 different url links.
La Fours
AG
So I clicked your link, and once the imgur app loaded, I clicked on the pic. This brings up the pic with a share icon, box with an arrow pointing up. Clicked the share button and copied the url. Pasted that url ending in .jpg into the post.
Hudson2508
AG
Hudson2508
AG
FML.
Robert C. Christian
AG
If you quote someone's post you can see the url code used.

Hudson2508
AG
Holy ****, I figured it out. I hate the internet some times.
turfman80
AG
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
maca1028
Sounds promising...
https://instagr.am/p/BxbEkjllb3v
La Fours
AG
Please tell me you got this in town.
turfman80
AG
No, my son was in Houston Friday.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
La Fours
AG
Well damn.
dave99ag
AG
Cheers from Denali! Enjoyed some tasty brews from 49th State.

Wheatables02
AG
Headed to Boston in two weeks, then driving to Bar Harbor. I won't have time to drink at breweries but will be able to stop in and get beer to go. I love NE IPA's and BA stouts.

So Far I have Trilliium in Boston and maybe over to Treehouse. What beers must I grab at these other than Orange Julius?

Will be driving through Portland, ME...probably time to stop at two breweries as well for beer to go...Bissell Brother and Allegash? I'll take two recommendations and beers to get at each.

Thanks in advance!!
streetfighter2012
AG
Night shift, and mystic are two breweries just north of downtown Boston that I enjoyed. There is also a Total Wine that had a good selection in that area as well.
jgh85Ag
AG
If you are in SA, tonight is going to be an Epic night at The Growler Exchange. Big Bad Bapista Quad and others starting at 7.
dave99ag
AG
If you ever happen to be going from Anchorage to Seward, stop by Girdwood Brewing in Girdwood. Tasty beers!

jah003
S
Chipotlemonger
AG
San Diego trip soon. Top 3 breweries I should try to visit? Is Toronado the real deal when it comes to brew pub?
steve00
AG
Toronado - yes
Then hit BottleCraft around the corner

Hamilton's Tavern is good too

Societe
Lost Abbey
Stone (for the spectacle, maybe eat lunch there, near LA)
Burgeon
Modern Times
BSD
AG
La Fours said:

Well damn.

I might be heading up there next week. I'll bring some if I do. Otherwise it'll be mid-June.
CDub06
AG
San Diego is great because you can setup in just about any part of town and find 3 breweries worth visiting.
Note: It's been over a year since I've last been.

North Park:
  • Modern Times (tap room)
  • Rip Current
  • Belching Beaver (tap room)
  • Pariah

North San Diego:
  • Council
  • Societe

Miramar:
  • Pure Project
  • Alesmith
  • Thunderhawk Alements
  • Green Flash

Escondido:
  • Stone
  • Lost Abbey/Port Brewing

I've bolded my top 3 picks (probably). Pure Project is a must visit.
La Fours
AG
Cool.
La Fours
AG
I may be heading tin SD next month for some training. If I do, I'll be staying downtown/little Italy area. What is in walking distance?
dave99ag
AG
Wheatables02 said:

So Far I have Trilliium in Boston and maybe over to Treehouse. What beers must I grab at these other than Orange Julius?

Will be driving through Portland, ME...probably time to stop at two breweries as well for beer to go...Bissell Brother and Allegash? I'll take two recommendations and beers to get at each.
Buy everything you can get at Treehouse! Everything! They charge by the can, so when I went, I got a sampler (2 cans minimum) of just about every IPA they had. They're stouts are amazing too. Also, their release day is on Tuesdays, so plan accordingly. The lines can be long, but it moves along pretty fast.

We didn't go by Allegash, but opted for Oxbow and Bissell while in Portland. There's also a very nice Belgian bar named Novare Res with a very good selection of beers on tap / bottles.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I second the recommendation for Oxbow. Went there on my recent trip. Got a couple bottles to go from here as well.

I did not make it to Bissell Brothers, but I had a beer of theirs while in the area and have had them before too.

Allagash was a good visit. They had a great mix of beers. And a cool thing about their location is that there was a small brewery or 2 within a stonesthrow of it. Austin Street Brewery was one of those, and I highly recommend it.

Austin Street Brewery and Lone Pine were my top 2 of the trip. At Austin Street, had an excellent schwarzbier and double IPA. The chaga stout was great at Lone Pine, as were their IPAs as well.

IronRed13
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I second the recommendation for Oxbow. Went there on my recent trip. Got a couple bottles to go from here as well.

I did not make it to Bissell Brothers, but I had a beer of theirs while in the area and have had them before too.

Allagash was a good visit. They had a great mix of beers. And a cool thing about their location is that there was a small brewery or 2 within a stonesthrow of it. Austin Street Brewery was one of those, and I highly recommend it.

Austin Street Brewery and Lone Pine were my top 2 of the trip. At Austin Street, had an excellent schwarzbier and double IPA. The chaga stout was great at Lone Pine, as were their IPAs as well.

Good to know. Heading to Portland next month!
Kyle98
AG
Back from my Alaska cruise. Visited several breweries in Vancouver and Alaska. Some quick notes from the top of my head.

VANCOUVER
Steam Works - visited their downtown brewpub, very good beers, decent food
Bomber Brewing - smaller brewery, but enjoyed everything we had
Strathcona Brewing - great beers, and fantastic pizza
Parallel 49 Brewing - definitely worth the extra trip, the beer was really damn good

ALASKA
Skagway Brewing - the spruce tip blonde is damn tasty, the rest was pretty good as well
Bawden Street Brewing (Ketchikan) - newer brewery, still need some work on all the beers we tried, most tasted like below average homebrew

The real star of the trip was Alaska itself, though. Wow, it's incredibly beautiful in SE Alaska. Would love to go back and see the interior around Anchorage and/or Denali like Dave did.
La Fours
AG
We're you on the boat with the passengers that were killed in the plane crash?
Kyle98
AG
No, but we were in Ketchikan the day before, and we were on a similar floatplane tour with one of the companies involved. Turned on our phones when we anchored off Port Hardy on Vancouver island the next afternoon to offload a passenger with a medial emergency and were bombarded with texts asking if we were ok. That's when we heard about it. Scary stuff. We never felt even remotely unsafe on our flight. We had clear skies and the pilot was constantly looking around for other planes, but there were tons of planes taking off and landing constantly from the water.
Bmac04
AG
Foundation Brewing in Portland is worth a stop as well.
La Fours
AG
Scary stuff for sure.
Jock 07
AG
First time trying this one pretty good
Jock 07
AG
Wait a second, those shifty *******s foisted me

steve00
AG
Finally got some west coast **** out here. Churchkey had Societe on tap. Dandy, Pupil, Highwayman, and Butcher. Great stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 1443 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.