Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,876 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by SoTxAg
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And now JFF is playing American football again!!
jetch17
AG
Last Monday: I'm never drinking a houston haze sixer again in one Sunday

This evening: *cracks haze #6*
La Fours
AG
jetch17 said:

Last Monday: I'm never drinking a houston haze sixer again in one Sunday

This evening: *cracks haze #6*

I never took you for a quitter.
jetch17
AG
I capped it with some bourbon
Hudson2508
AG
https://m.imgur.com/a/UhNGAJf

God dammit. I can't get Imageshack to upload my images anymore and trying to get a forum link from Imgur is breaking my brain.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
streetfighter2012
AG
Some absolutely great basketball games this weekend, should be a wild finish for the bracket challenge. Thursday can't get here soon enough!
Bmac04
AG
Is it too late to add my bracket to the group? Went 16 of 16 for sweet 16 teams.
maca1028
maca1028
streetfighter2012
AG
If you hadn't seen the leaderboard and only had 10 of the 16 would you still be asking to join in?
Bmac04
AG
Wasn't really asking. I know it's way too late, but does make me wish I saw the thread earlier in the day.
Scriffer
AG
Not sure if this will post, but I had a really crappy day. Batch 4 Ol Oi

imgur.com/gallery/z7mkYAN.jpg
dave99ag
AG
Crappy days suck. Cheers, brother!
dave99ag
AG
Date night at B-52!

maca1028
It's been a while since I beer shopped in Houston, specs smith street or D&Q's still the best places to go?
Txmoe
AG
Finally tried Karbach's Crawford Bock last night. Really liked it. Very mild bock with a pleasant mouthfeel, almost drinks like a cream ale.
Mustang1
AG
I thought Crawford Bock was just Ziegen Bock w/a new name?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Guess I wouldn't put it past ABInbev to rebrand it to a different brewery (after all they did completely change the recipe for Yule Shoot Your Eye Out this year and told no one until people started commenting that it was obviously different), but it's supposed to be Karbach.
La Fours
AG
I'm still extremely sad that Karbach never made another batch of Fragile, the BA Yule Shoot Your Eye Out, FUN variant. It was probably my favorite Karbach beer they ever made.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think the best part of the whole Yule deal was Karbach had "former employees" commenting on the posts saying that it was consistently their worst rated beer. They said the same thing about Three Legged Lab and I remember that one being extremely well received.
La Fours
AG
Interesting. We need Inspector Space time to chime in and give us the inside scoop. Isn't he the one who used to work for Karbach and then moved to Denver to work at Crooked Stave?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I believe so. I really had no issue with them selling or even continuing to drink their stuff, but that bait and switch on Yule coupled with the elimination of the FUN series just kinda kills it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
They stopped the FUN series? I knew they jacked up the prices on them to the point they weren't worth it.
Hugo Stiglitzz
St Arnold > Karbauch and, TN Vols got hosed yesterday in the dance.
zephyrtexan
AG
No, they haven't stopped the FUN series entirely. Apparently they've got a series ready to go but haven't released it yet for... reasons.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I haven't seen one in a looooongggg time.
62strat
AG
Starting to like how RR beers actually sit on the shelf a few days now.

Just picked up a damnation and sanctification, yet the store put it in their email blast last week.
62strat
AG
No lie, first bracket I've ever filled out.
txag2008
AG
You're insinuating the more brackets you've filled out the better you'll be? It doesn't really work like that.
62strat
AG
txag2008 said:

You're insinuating the more brackets you've filled out the better you'll be? It doesn't really work like that.
I was more insinuating I'm not really a basketball fan, therefore have never filled out a bracket, therefore my picks were based on having zero knowledge of basketball.
dave99ag
AG
I've thought about having my toddler son pick out a bracket. Could do just as well as others.
txag2008
AG
Welcome to the 98% of people that fill out brackets. ( and I say that as the winner from last year, it's all a crapshoot)
docaggie
AG
My sister almost won her BNSF (pre-Buffett purchase) company bracket a few years back by picking based on colors and mascots.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDub06
AG
Follow the blue teams for the green.
First Page Last Page
Page 1430 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.