Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,922 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by swampstander
Green Fairy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Did any of you Tine guys manage to get your hands on a Lucky Bastard? I stopped by my neighborhood Spec's once we were back in town, and they had plenty of Double but no Lucky.

Try midtown specs. I snagged a couple there Friday before last. They may be long gone by now though.
defroach
Anyone had Stillwater Brewing (out of MD)? I was in KC and saw a whole shelf of them, so I threw them into my suitcase without doing much thinking. I am hoping that they are decent at least....
Jock 07
AG
Army what did you think of the hazed and infused? Iirc I found it to be just meh, trying to remember if boulder puts out anything decent
army01
AG
Jock--very little flavor. Didn't think much of it at all. I was, however, impressed with Marble's IPA.
spadilly
S
Just finished a Stone Enjoy By 12.21.12 IPA.

So fresh. So amazing. I have always thought Deschutes Hop Trip would be tough to top as my favorite "fresh hop" brew. This blows it out of the water.
I like to pride myself on being a part time IPA snob, and this is right near the top of my list.

Try to snag a bottle or two of you see em. You won't regret it.
spadilly
S
Jho400,

Specs Spring Valley didn't have any today. I ended up snagging a Double *******, which there was plenty of.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Did any of you Tine guys manage to get your hands on a Lucky Bastard? I stopped by my neighborhood Spec's once we were back in town, and they had plenty of Double but no Lucky.

Try midtown specs. I snagged a couple there Friday before last. They may be long gone by now though.

I got one a couple of weeks ago here in CS at Specs. It was delicious.
La Fours
AG
I picked up a box of Jew beer today. 8 12oz bottles from Schmaltz Brewing. Looks promising. Came with a glass and a bottle and candles to make a beer menora.
spadilly
S
quote:
I picked up a box of Jew beer today. 8 12oz bottles from Schmaltz Brewing. Looks promising. Came with a glass and a bottle and candles to make a beer menora.

If you have a Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA in there, you're in for a treat.
La Fours
AG
Oh I've already enjoyed Lenny's Bittersweet Rye. It is awesome. I seriously bought the $30 box of Jew beer to my hands on the Funky Jewbulation (Jewbulation that is aged in whiskey barrels) and the Schmaltz Terrapin collaboration beer. Plus it had the Lenny, Hop Manna and a Jewbulation. I have a bomber of Jewbulation waiting to be cracked open. But it scares me sitting there at 16%!!!

I drank a bomber of double bast urd earlier or I would break it open tonight.
jetch17
AG
Ahhh chaaaa!

AggieOO
ran across some Rogue Chatoe Pumpkin Patch at HEB, so I bought a couple bottles. Currently enjoying one.

Also got an Alaskan Smoked Porter.
jah003
S
quote:
ran across some Rogue Chatoe Pumpkin Patch at HEB, so I bought a couple bottles. Currently enjoying one.

Also got an Alaskan Smoked Porter.

Had both of these the day after Thanksgiving. Also enjoyed a Pumpkinator, Full Sail Wreck the Halls, and some Miles Davis B****es Brew.

Wasn't really a fan of the Rogue... The Pumpkinator, Smoked Porter, and Miles Davis were certainly the best of the bunch.
AggieOO
i like it, but i'm also not a pumpkin homer so i tend to like fairly mellow pumpkin flavor. This meets that. I do like the pumpkinator as well, but its completely different.
jetch17
AG
awww sh*t, Karbach gettin' thoed in H-Tine

62strat
AG
Oh lord. I guess Karbach should start putting some of their beers in 40oz bottles.
txaggie05
AG
PSA for B/CS Beer Threaders...

Spec's got a couple of cases of Burton Baton in. And some more Lucky B astard.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 11/29/2012 1:31p).]
Engine10
AG
Anyone had DFH Theobroma? Friend picked some up tonight to enjoy this weekend
txaggie05
AG
It's so glorious
La Fours
AG
I am thoroughly unimpressed by the Jew beer that isn't the rye Ipa or hop manna Ipa. The nut brown ale was ok. The jewbulation and funk jewbulstion were not good at all. I actually poured them out.
BSD
AG
Day 11 with no sauce.  The world is a dark, cruel place.
spadilly
S
Stay strong BSD...I did 45 days for medical reasons last year. You'll make it, and the first IPA you have afterwards will kick your butt.
wessimo
AG
Psa - world market (Richmond Ave Houston) has Oktoberfest 6packs on sale for $3.50-3.75. Rahr, real ale, Brooklyn and harpoon. May not be the freshest but still a steal.
austinag1997
AG
Left Hand Milk Stout and Ten Fidy this week. Love LHMS... the Ten Fidy is deadly strong.
jah003
S
Took down a wreck the halls, Santa fe java stout, and a deschutes hop trip while losing my money playing poker last night.

Really love the hop trip. Gonna make a trip to sunrise and see of I can get my hands on some enjoy by 12.21.12 today for comparison.

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 12/1/2012 10:25a).]
army01
AG
Picked up a bottle of Dissident, 75 Min, Brown Shugga, and Merry Mischief Gingerbread Stout.

Anyone seen a bottle of Abyss this year?
DaveHimself
AG
Army (or anyone else in FW) - have you been to the new Total Wine off Hulen yet? Heard their beer selection is supposed to be pretty good.
army01
AG
Dave -- that's where I went yesterday. Selection rivals anywhere in DFW.
wessimo
AG
Checked out premium draught and grabbed a half growler of buffalo bayou gingerbread stout. rally like the beer. PD has a cool vibe - only complaint is that they don't have more taps... I want to say they had 8 or so and nothing that is hard to come by elsewhere.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Picked up a bottle of Dissident, 75 Min, Brown Shugga, and Merry Mischief Gingerbread Stout.

Anyone seen a bottle of Abyss this year?

Damn you. I want to get my hands on some Dissident. Who knows if it will make it to CS.
La Fours
AG
I picked up some Burton Baton, 2 Enjoy By, and a Yule Shoot Your Eye Out yesterday at the Tower Point HEB.

Had one Burton and an Enjoy By last night. They were awesome. Especially the Enjoy By.
La Fours
AG
I picked up some Burton Baton, 2 Enjoy By, and a Yule Shoot Your Eye Out yesterday at the Tower Point HEB.

Had one Burton and an Enjoy By last night. They were awesome. Especially the Enjoy By.
army01
AG
La fours -jealous of the Yule Shoot....guessing you will see Dissident before DFW sees Yule....

Tonight's beverage:

Tonight's Advent beer:
streetfighter2012
AG
Anyone have an opinion on Jester Kings Funk Metal Sour Barrel aged stout? I picked up a bottle at D&Q yesterday.
army01
AG
Tonight's Advent beer:

First Page Last Page
Page 143 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.