Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,641 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by La Fours
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He should probably get him a bullet proof best before going there.
Jock 07
AG
No kidding, all I can think of is that it must be like black hawk down in Mogadishu there
jah003
S
Wednesday March madness update... 13 entries. If you aren't enetered what are you waiting for? Do you hate free beer...? Do you hate shipping beer...? Wait... that's probably it.
AggieOO
MattJaxson said:

Bearded Iris has really fallen off over the past 6 months, but they are still riding the hype train. Southern Grist is the must do between the two. If you're looking for additional breweries, Smith & Lentz in East Nashville has been doing a solid job and is more traditional and Tailgate (multiple locations) has stepped their game up lately.

One of my favorite spots to hit is No Quarter. A pinball bar with a good craft beer selection, but also divey enough to sell you $3 Hamm's tallboys. Not sure what part of town you are staying in, but let me know if you're looking for any additional recs.
appreciate the feedback. Will probably try and hit something up tomorrow before my buddies get in and/or sunday before I leave. They aren't really craft beer guys. They won't be opposed to a brewery, but also won't be their first choice. Good beer bars will probably be an easier sell for me. We are staying a few blocks from the capitol.

speaking of tomorrow...I get in at 930, and I'll be solo until around 2 or 230. Anywhere that opens early and has wifi? I'm going to work until my buddies get in.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Craft Brewed just started offering coffee and expanding their hours. Pretty sure they have wi-fi too, they will be open.

(Yes, I know I always mention them, but I lived close to them when I lived in Nashville and went there frequently).
MattJaxson
AG
As Chipotle mentioned, Craft Brewed is a good option thanks to their newly expanded hours - wifi, coffee, beer and TVs for basketball. Southern Grist opens at 11 and has wifi and TVs. If you're leaning towards wanting to hit Grist before your group arrives, Barista Parlor is a cool coffee shop about 5 minutes from the brewery if you want to hit that and then the brewery.

A few other quick hitters - Von Elrod's for beer garden day drinking, Stillery for good food downtown, and Robert's is the best old school honky-tonk on Broadway.

Let me know if you decide to go anywhere Sunday before you leave. I'll be in Lexington for the baseball games Friday and Saturday, but could buy you a beer on Sunday if you're around.
AggieOO
thanks!

next question...easiest way from the airport to just grab an uber?
MattJaxson
AG
Yeah, Uber/Lyft is the best option. It should be pretty quick/cheap to get around - pretty much everything that's been listed is within a few miles of downtown, including the airport.
dave99ag
AG
The Beer Thread Travel Agency is the best!
Mustang1
AG
Is KBS 4-packs a new thing?

big-ag
AG
Seems like I picked one up last year.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They're $23 but yes.
jah003
S
Wednesday night March Madness update. 15 entries at the moment. Don't think we have quite enough people for 3rd place yet. Thinking 10 boxes for 1st and 3 boxes for 2nd right now.

TOMORROW AT 11 AM IS THE DEADLINE TO ENTER!

If you are thinking about entering... stop thinking...
zephyrtexan
AG
Listen.

If you're worried about whether you can pull together a decent bracket and that's your holdup, just check out www.algebracket.com and make the bracket of your dreams.

It's fantadtic.
Jock 07
AG
pretty sure they've been in 4 packs for a few years now
rilloaggie
AG

Me and the pup with a new Karbach offering. I dig it, but I've never been ashamed of loving the Bud Light Cheladas also
steve00
AG
Alright. I'm in for my annual beer donation. I can write this off, right?
dave99ag
AG
Up to 17 as my wife is studying her picks now.
MattJaxson
AG
I'll have my bracket in by the end of the night.
jah003
S
Currently sitting at 18. Think we can do 1st, 2nd and 3rd now.
txag2008
AG
I bet we end up over 20. I'll have mine in soon.

Thanks again jah for getting this going.
maca1028
jah003 said:

Haven't been very active lately. Is there a google doc link?
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

jah003 said:

Haven't been very active lately. Is there a google doc link?
Previous page has info for sign up. No Google doc's yet... won't need that until we have winners.
maca1028
In
La Fours
AG
I'm in.
dave99ag
AG
Sitting at 22 entries this morning. Well done!

Now let the fun begin!
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Sitting at 22 entries this morning. Well done!

Now let the fun begin!

24 now. Think this might be more than last year.
dave99ag
AG
I'm a bit sad that the start didn't coincide with Spring Break this year. Going to be some slow work today and tomorrow l.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

I'm a bit sad that the start didn't coincide with Spring Break this year. Going to be some slow work today and tomorrow l.
I've been out working in the yard the past 3 days... today's agenda... sit on my ass and watch basketball.
MW13
AG
I tried to get in but the ESPN site went haywire and apparently I didn't get my picks in on time although none of the games had started. Im sure I would have had a perfect this year now.
jah003
S
MW13 said:

I tried to get in but the ESPN site went haywire and apparently I didn't get my picks in on time although none of the games had started. Im sure I would have had a perfect this year now.
Yea... it's toast right now. If you waited until after 11 you had no shot.
Bmac04
AG
Tried to get in last minute but I guess I was too late.
MW13
AG
Bmac04 said:

Tried to get in last minute but I guess I was too late.

This is a much bigger loss than me not getting in.
La Fours
AG
MW13 said:

If I lose, you can have my bracket.
La Fours
AG
I think your punishment should be to send a box to the winner any way.
First Page Last Page
Page 1428 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.