Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,698 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by SoTxAg
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CalAG said:

Hopefully he will chime in with his feelings if he went to any of the above. I am desperately trying to get back to Portland for a few days to eat and drink more...
My wife doesn't do seafood, so we were limited there. We went to a very locals place called J's Oyster Bar. A bit divish, but satisfied my lobster needs.

Jogging my memory, we hit up Oxbow and Bissell Brothers. Novare Res Bier Cafe has a huge tap and bottle list. It was such a short trip as the majority of the time was in Boston.
Robert C. Christian
AG
NCol - I took a quick look and didn't see anything. Is Weld Werks planning on doing the Invitational 2019?
CDub06
AG
Dag yo. What did that set you back?
dave99ag
AG
I really don't want to know. Plus I had another smaller box with Trillium and other beer. It was easily my largest beer haul from a trip. I should have bought more at Tree House too. Need to book another trip.
Represent830
AG
Speaking of, any of you guys use Whale Pods? Those things are awesome.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Represent830 said:

Those look neat. I just go with the usual Wine Shipper, but the Whale Pods might work better.
Represent830
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Represent830 said:

Those look neat. I just go with the usual Wine Shipper, but the Whale Pods might work better.
If it's cans, whale pods is the way to go. Throw them all in there, no packing, and just seal it up and go. Too easy.

Obviously if you have bottles bring a wine check.
NColoradoAG
Robert C. Christian said:

NCol - I took a quick look and didn't see anything. Is Weld Werks planning on doing the Invitational 2019?
Yes. June 22, 2019
Robert C. Christian
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Yes. June 22, 2019
Represent830
AG
Jock 07 said:

Represent830 said:

Jock 07 said:

I saw a few flats of 4 packs when I grabbed those last night
Where? Can you grab me some?

Coal train, I'll try and swing by there tomorrow and see if they still have some. Where are you at? Shoot me a PM

Check your PM
MathNewman06
AG
Taste the rainbow.

Opened midnight orange tonight, because I have an extra one. Was hoping for more orange, but got plenty of chocolate.
Wheatables02
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Taste the rainbow.

Opened midnight orange tonight, because I have an extra one. Was hoping for more orange, but got plenty of chocolate.
what about the reserve?
MathNewman06
AG
Right. No reserve or prop (yet). Also missing coffee barleywine.

Considering I only actually bought the regular and one orange, I'm pretty satisfied with this haul.

A friend brought the bramble down from Denver, and I won vanilla, wheatwine, and another orange in some super bowl squares.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Love the bramble. I think it edges out Midnight Orange for me narrowly this year. Haven't gotten my hands on Vanilla or Reserve, Prop, or Coffee Barleywine.
AgEng06
AG
Pretty pretty pretty good

Bmac04
AG
4.75 on untappd? Guess you don't want any next year
AgEng06
dave99ag
AG
How do you think it'll age? I've already consumed one, but may wait a bit on the other.
MW13
AG
Got over to turning point a few weeks ago. What a random spot but great beer. Having a nerd alert now. Friendly staff and good food truck too. Will go back when I get a chance.
Wheatables02
AG
MW13 said:

Got over to turning point a few weeks ago. What a random spot but great beer. Having a nerd alert now. Friendly staff and good food truck too. Will go back when I get a chance.
I wanted to get over there today and get their colloboration Cro-whatever but didn't get the chance. Their beer is great however I think they are brewing in an old laundromat.

If they continue to have this kind of success, I'm sure they get new land soon.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Vanilla Noir, great beer from Prairie.
BowSowy
AG
I'd ask what you rate it but we all know you don't go below 4.75
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

I'd ask what you rate it but we all know you don't go below 4.75

Not true, just rated some beers from Adelbert's and Austin Beerworks lower! 4.5...albeit lower!
Redstone
AG
Thank you Staff for maintaining the purity of the thread; I hope inspired by Reinheitsgebot. I am happy to tamper my enthusiasm for culinary craftspersonship.

If you want to provide meaningful discussion, you are welcome to join in here. Please familiarize yourself with the thread, the posters contributing to the thread, culture, and tone of discussion. And if you can continue the discussion in an engaging and meaningful way, you will be welcome here on this thread. -TexAgs Staff
lne2011
AG
It was weird giving this post a blue star. But to clarify, the blue star was for Staff's part.
TAM85
Has anyone tried Lone Pint's Ghost Chili Porter aged in port barrels? It sounds pretty good but with a lot going on.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Redstone
bmc13
maca1028
Yabba Dabba Betes
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pulled a bottle out of the "cellar" tonight. Held on to this last bottle of a 4-pack through 3 years and 2 moves.

It drank nicely. Barleywines age well.
jh0400
AG
Any good breweries or beer bars in Palo Alto? I'll be there next week for work. I know I can take a car up to San Mateo and visit Fieldwork but am curious about other options.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I like Southern Tier a lot but they seem to have kinda backed out of Texas a bit. I had to get their winter warmer, Old Man Winter, from my wife's family in the northeast last year. They just don't seem as prevalent here as they were. Even Warlock and Pumking seem like they've been previous releases the last few years.
dave99ag
AG
For anyone that happens to be in Alpine, Big Bend Brewing is releasing Devil's Den, a Belgian Strong Golden Ale. It'll be available at the taproom from 11am - 2pm on Thursday and Friday.

If you happen to be in Valentine for Valentine's, we'll be there!
jah003
S
maca1028
Tine AF
First Page Last Page
Page 1421 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.