Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,620,389 Views | 62597 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
reesei10
Scriffer said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Oh. And I love smoke beers.

Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd you lost me

Have you had that Live Oak Grodziskie? It is a great smoke beer that everyone should love. Even if you dont like smoke beers.
dave99ag
AG
Booked a trip this afternoon for Boston in November. Kept the wife happy with tickets to Hamilton and a side trip up to Portland, Maine. I know about breweries in Boston (Trillium, Night Shift, etc). What about Portland? Looks like the big one is Allagash. Bissell Brothers appears to have good reviews too.
streetfighter2012
AG
I was out that way a few months ago, didn't make it to the breweries but had cans from Mystic in Boston, and then Lone Pine and Foundation from Portland.
Bmac04
AG
Austin Street, Bissell, Foundation Brewing and Oxbow are all solid. Maine Brewing Company is a short drive away in Freeport.
CalAG
AG
I have spent a few evenings in Portland in the last few months. I can STRONGLY suggest that you hit up Oxbow. They are fantastic and have a great little food window right outside. There is also a meadworks and distillery in the same building.

I also recommend hitting up Tandem coffee roasters either their bakery or their roasting building.

For Oysters, I recommend The Shop at Island Creek.

For Lobster, I would go to the High Roller Lobster Co.

Another good one is Eventide Oyster Company

In reality I would spend a couple of weeks in Portland exploring food and drink if I could. It has an enormous density of breweries and FANTASTIC food.
dave99ag
AG
Thanks for all the recommendations! My wife doesn't eat seafood, but she'll take one for the team while I gorge out on oysters and lobster. We're only in Portland for a few days, but wanted a side trip outside of Boston. I have a feeling I'm going to need to bring the big suitcase for beer.
maca1028
Dropped down to a crisp 92F today. #stoutweather
jgh85Ag
AG
It's 65 degrees somewhere.
jh0400
AG
Any breweries in Toronto or Buffalo worth visiting?
AggieStout
AG
Had this sitting in the fridge. Heard good things.
Wow this is really really good.
Saw turning point got some barrels and I hope that this is put in them.
streetfighter2012
AG
dave99ag said:

Thanks for all the recommendations! My wife doesn't eat seafood, but she'll take one for the team while I gorge out on oysters and lobster. We're only in Portland for a few days, but wanted a side trip outside of Boston. I have a feeling I'm going to need to bring the big suitcase for beer.

FYI wives get really mad at you when you show up to the airport with a 65 lb suitcase full of beer and have to pay the surcharge... especially when she suggested buying a cheap duffel bag at Walmart that would have been free to check the day before.
dave99ag
AG
Been there, done that before. Weather should be cool enough to beer mail some back.
jetch17
AG
Anyone going to Brash anniv this year that would be willing to grab me a bottle of HSF?

I'm not going to be able to make it this year.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is that this weekend?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Houston beer threaders - I have two year old twins which have sucked almost all brewering out of my life for the last bit. But my wife is taking the kids to her sister this weekend and I'm eschewing almost all human contact this weekend so I can sit on the couch and enjoy the Alabama game in peace on my couch by myself with my dog.

I'd like to make a beer run on Friday or Saturday morning before the game and pick up some growlers or crowlers to help me help the Ags pull out a W. Is there anything out there available at probably the Heights area breweries I should go pick up?
lne2011
AG
jetch17 said:

Anyone going to Brash anniv this year that would be willing to grab me a bottle of HSF?

I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

lne2011
AG
Eureka Heights
ChipFTAC01
AG
Are they really doing anything that interesting? We went there last year and I wasn't impressed with really any of their beers.
lne2011
AG
If you're planning to go to the Heights area to pick up beer from a brewery, your 4 main options are:

Great Heights
Town in City
Eureka Heights
Brash

Brash is Brash and in my opinion Eureka Heights beer at this time is better than the other 2.
SoTxAg
AG
Another vote for Eureka Heights, solid stuff. Looking forward to the collab they are supposed to do with Freetail this fall.
Jock 07
AG
I'm not one to typically ***** about seasonal beers showing up early but shiner cheer already showing up in the stores seems a bit early
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't mind early either but when you're a full season early to the point that the appropriate beer is barely available when it's supposed to be it gets a little absurd.
Represent830
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Houston beer threaders - I have two year old twins which have sucked almost all brewering out of my life for the last bit. But my wife is taking the kids to her sister this weekend and I'm eschewing almost all human contact this weekend so I can sit on the couch and enjoy the Alabama game in peace on my couch by myself with my dog.

I'd like to make a beer run on Friday or Saturday morning before the game and pick up some growlers or crowlers to help me help the Ags pull out a W. Is there anything out there available at probably the Heights area breweries I should go pick up?

Those are ok options but go further if you can. Spindletap, Ingenious, and even B-52 in Conroe are your three best Houston options.
jh0400
AG
Represent830 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Those are ok options but go further if you can. Spindletap, Ingenious, and even B-52 in Conroe are your three best Houston options.

Whole Foods belongs on this list as well.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, might actually run over to whole foods st lunch tomorrow and see what's on tap
AggieOO
I'm fairly sure that, after I told my wife about tallgrass, she's on a mission to buy all remaing buffalo sweat in Austin...and I'm ok with this.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Start drinking Buckle Bunny and Mini Boss from Eureka Heights. You won't be sorry. Personally cant wait to return from Colorado to drink some Mini Boss
Bmac04
AG
Still 2 prairie bottles available. Also, please pay if you haven't already for your additional bottles
MW13
AG
Bmac,

What's the deal on the bottles? Sorry pretty busy time of the year for me and haven't been able to keep up. I'm probably interested.
lne2011
AG
Sorry can't remember, but are you working at a brewery in Colorado?
lne2011
AG

v
Robert C. Christian
AG
62strat
AG
lne2011 said:

Sorry can't remember, but are you working at a brewery in Colorado?
Crooked stave
62strat
AG
jgh85Ag said:

It's 65 degrees somewhere.
ehh.. close enough!
First Page Last Page
Page 1383 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.