Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,321 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by FancyKetchup14
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WOOOOOOO

CalAG
AG
So, I am heading to Ohio next week for a work trip. I will be flying in to Cleveland and driving south from there. I likely will be staying in Canton at least one night. Any recommendations for breweries in that area?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Did a similar thing recently but didn't have time to visit breweries. Loved Columbus Brewing IPAs if you see any on shelves or on tap. Fat Head beers were solid too and could be found in most bars. Rheingeist is never a bad bet, either.
jcbaggie04
AG
So it's nothing earth shattering or super rare, but I just enjoyed a raspberry provencial by funkwerks. Quite a tasty brew. Part saison part Berliner weisse. Very easy to drink.
steve00
AG
Anybody in SoCal that would be willing to pick up some beers at Lost Abbey or anyone anywhere in CA that I can have them shipped to?

If you then ship the rest to me, I will give you a Cable Car and Veritas Kriek.
BSD
AG
steve00 said:

Anybody in SoCal that would be willing to pick up some beers at Lost Abbey or anyone anywhere in CA that I can have them shipped to?

If you then ship the rest to me, I will give you a Cable Car and Veritas Kriek.

When is pickup/shipping date? If you can't find anyone, you can ship to one of my buddies in NorCal and I'll go pick them up and send to you (either in early Nov or mid Jan)
steve00
AG
Pickup is October 19-21, but shipping is harder to guess. They have been off by weeks either way in the past. I don't care if it takes another month or so to get it to me.

Also, I realized today I can't order the latest Offshoot hazy ipa offerings anymore. I'll buy max amounts every release and split them in half with anyone in CA willing to ship to me.

This east coast life is going to be a tough transition. I went to ChurchKey last night and they literally had no west coast IPAs. I get that isn't the thing out here, but everywhere I went on the west coast had at least one or two east coast IPAs (hazy or just malty).
BSD
AG
Well my offer still stands. My NorCal friends and I go way back. Ones a winemaker and the other was my roommate at A&M. They've always helped me out in the past and will take care of your beer too.

Where are you moving to and what prompted rhe change?
steve00
AG
I appreciate it. Moved to DC for a better job. Still working on finding the right apartment in the District. AirBnB for now.
maca1028
We might be making a trip to DC early next summer, might have to catch up for a beer.
Bmac04
AG
I can see if my buddy can pick up yours when he grabs mine and then I could get him to ship to you.
steve00
AG
Thanks Bmac

Maca - Happy to grab a beer. Should be settled in by then and know some good places.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Good stuff from last night.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How does that early batch taste right now?
Mustang1
AG
Muy bueno:

Jock 07
AG
how was it, I've been thinking about trying a six pack of it
Bmac04
AG
Hey Steve - shoot me an email when you get a chance
steve00
AG
Sent
jh0400
AG
Mustang1
AG
Highly recommend trying it out
maca1028
BTHOulm!
Connd

Gig'em
AggieOO
No Coast Gluten Full is tasty. First beer I've had from No Coast, but I'll be picking up more.
AggieStout
AG
Share last week was pretty good. Not as many people as I thought. Thanks to p-wonk and bmac for having it. I brought way to many beers and had to bring a lot back home. Which I am drinking tonight.

AggieOO
Coco Anejo from Hop Fusion is quite good. Tastes similar to Death by Coconut, but less chocolate.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hit up the Adelbert's brewery for the first time today. Cool little taproom they have, and I appreciated how extensive of a selection there was.

Sorry to say that they did not have any Contemplating Waterloo on tap for me to try again and reignite the Beer Thread debate on it!
Scriffer
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Hit up the Adelbert's brewery for the first time today. Cool little taproom they have, and I appreciated how extensive of a selection there was.

Sorry to say that they did not have any Contemplating Waterloo on tap for me to try again and reignite the Beer Thread debate on it!

That beer is the reason I quit drinking gin!
La Fours
AG
No on likes a quitter.
AggieOO
Should have never started drinking gin. Sheet is nasty.
jh0400
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Contemplating Waterloo

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Gin drinker here.

I also like Black IPAs.

Don't @ me.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Oh. And I love smoke beers.
Scriffer
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Gin drinker here.

I also like Black IPAs.

Don't @ me.

My man.
Scriffer
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd you lost me
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Scriffer said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd you lost me
First Page Last Page
Page 1382 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.