Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,716,318 Views | 62710 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by SoTxAg
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
AggieOO said:

Their beers usually stick around a little longer, so I won't have to go battle neckbeards at a release.
Draft, yes. Cans... not so much.
zephyrtexan
AG
If we have enough draw I would be more than happy to do such. I already run the work league with my company, what's one more league? I've seen terrible commissioners and great ones so I feel I know what to do.

Also I'm in two dynasty leagues and a couple other redraft leagues oh god I have a problem help but seriously I'll handle all of it if we can get at least another eight guys beyond just you and me.

Hell, we could even do another six. But an eight person league seems a bit... I dunno, 10-14 seems to be the sweet spot.

And guys. Listen. I gonna grab a crowler of Amandus from Lazarus right now in prep for that. I'm the kind of FF person who knows just enough to think they know more than they do, so you run a strong possibility to win a box containing the best Belgian Golden Strong Ale in the nation if you play in the league. It's worth taking the risk.

https://imgur.com/a/4VnEoZq

Cuz my god. This nectar is of the gods.
zephyrtexan
AG
I know what you're thinking. "Who takes a picture of a mostly drunk beer?"

It's that good. I'm not willing to stop long enough to take a picture before I've had most of it in my system. It's just... it's amazing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm in if we get the numbers. Can we just use ESPN again?
zephyrtexan
AG
Absolutely. ESPN is best when you're keeping it simple and not getting some wonky rule set.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Can't remember if it's been discussed but the new Saint Arnold's Beer Garden is pretty awesome. Good food. Nice atmosphere.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Did some nice drinking of north Texas beers this weekend. Best beers I found on Friday was a good neipa from oak cliff called lady glasses and tupps ' ddh. Met my college roommate for beers on Saturday and had some full grown hombre and Texas aleproject's bba Caucasian. Both were very tasty. Never had a blond stout before.
AggieOO
jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

Their beers usually stick around a little longer, so I won't have to go battle neckbeards at a release.
Draft, yes. Cans... not so much.

I live fairly close, so not worried about cans.
jgh85Ag
AG
I have had the bba caucasian. Good stuff.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Heading into DFW this weekend for a fantasy football draft and taking Southwest, which means extra room for beer of course. Since I won't have my car or much chance to shop around (I'm assuming), what are some readily available DFW beers I should look out for at the store? If I could get a leaguemate to pick something up in that general area during the week what would it be? I see this Tupps name thrown around the thread a lot lately.
txag2008
AG
TUPPS DDH, Lakewood Peanut Butter Temptress. cans from Turning Point (brewery only)
jwag
AG
I'd look for imperial true love from Martin House and/or their latest two can release along with Collective Brewing varietals. #sour*****z
jetch17
AG
Some Exhibit A brewing Cats Meow at lunch ... juicy AF

jetch17
AG
A Sam Adams in proper venue

DaveHimself
AG
txag2008 said:

cans from Turning Point (brewery only)

This.
jgh85Ag
AG
Lakewood Temptress.
steve00
AG
Feral ale with Grenache Blanc grapes - objectively amazing

Meth chicken delivery - cool, but objectively terrible
jetch17
AG
The Massachusetts crawl continues ... dipped into local pub in Salem while wife does Seven Gables witch stuff ... a good Ipswich IPA, Zero Gravity (VT) Green State

Sorry not sorry on all the MA/NE beer ... for a guy that doesn't drink as much beer as I'd like lately, great local offerings and vacation beers make for some good beer threadin... the Trillium beer garden is going to get destroyed tonight or tomorrow

dave99ag
AG
Anxious to see your Trillium posts as I'll be in downtown Boston in November and walking distance from the beer garden.
Bmac04
AG
Prairie Barrel Update

Just got the final submission form from prairie and have to sum it by the end of the month. Decided on Bourbon barrel Cocoa Pebbles, marshmallow and vanilla. If for some reason anyone that signed up for a bottle doesn't want one based on the final recipe feel free to back out. Once everything is submitted and approved I'll make a post about payment.

Still need to finalize the name of the beer. So far these are some of the early leaders. Open to feedback

Adult Onset Diabetes
yabba dabba-betes
Pebbles Wristie
Stubborn belly fat
Jock 07
AG
Bmac04 said:

yabba dabba-betes

I vote this
Scriffer
AG
Jock 07 said:

Bmac04 said:

yabba dabba-betes

I vote this

Second
Jock 07
AG
Or maybe wilford brimley's mustache
docaggie
AG
S'More Betty Rubble
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

Prairie Barrel Update

Just got the final submission form from prairie and have to sum it by the end of the month. Decided on Bourbon barrel Cocoa Pebbles, marshmallow and vanilla. If for some reason anyone that signed up for a bottle doesn't want one based on the final recipe feel free to back out. Once everything is submitted and approved I'll make a post about payment.

Still need to finalize the name of the beer. So far these are some of the early leaders. Open to feedback

Adult Onset Diabetes
yabba dabba-betes
Pebbles Wristie
Stubborn belly fat
As someone with Diabetes, I am mildly annoyed at the constant "sweet beer = diabeeetus" references. I am, however, not triggered enough to give up my two bottles.
jetch17
AG
Yep.

jetch17
AG
And sweet Moses, peanut butter PM Dawn stout is like drinking a damn Reese's

dave99ag
AG
Can you buy bottles to go there? Please say yes!
Scriffer
AG
dave99ag said:

Can you buy bottles to go there? Please say yes!

Couldn't last year, but their bottle shop is a 20 minute walk or less
jetch17
AG
I'm gonna head down to the Congress bottle shop tomorrow ... also hit up Night Shift as they have a pop up location down on the Espalande on the river
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Another Beer Thread Baby

Our first was born on August 21, 2018 at 3:08 am. Baby and momma are happy and healthy! Made it home today and am now drinking a victory beer.

reesei10
Bmac04 said:

Prairie Barrel Update

Adult Onset Diabetes
yabba dabba-betes
Pebbles Wristie
Stubborn belly fat

Just for fun. Call it
Bam! Bam! Daaaaamn!
DaveHimself
AG
Congrats!
Jock 07
AG
Congrats dude
reesei10
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Another Beer Thread Baby

Our first was born on August 21, 2018 at 3:08 am. Baby and momma are happy and healthy! Made it home today and am now drinking a victory beer.

That is a beautiful baby! Not that I am biased at all.
Congrats!
First Page Last Page
Page 1372 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.