Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,933 Views | 62617 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

dave99ag said:

Marzens are a sign that college football is soon upon us!
Karbactoberfest used to be my go to tailgate beer. Then 2013 happened and I decided it's luck has run its course. Now every fall is a search for the Beer that will bring us a natty.
It was mine for several years too. Now we just bring out the stouts even if it's 100 degrees outside.
Bmac04
AG
Still trying to finalize what I am going to do for my Prairie barrel but thought y'all would find this interesting. This is a list of some of the barrels people ate doing this round.
dave99ag
AG
I can't Believe It's Not Butter, Aunt Jemimas Syrup, Eggo Waffles
DallasAggie2012
AG
Apple brandy with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Aunt Jemima's Syrup and Eggo Waffles is ridiculous. I love that someone is dedicating an entire barrel to a childhood breakfast favorite.
Bmac04
AG
Not sure if that one is actually real or not. All non pre approved ingredients still need to be approved by Praire as well before any of these become final.
BSD
AG
What are your initial thoughts?

On a similar note, I'm thinking of bringing an Apple Brandy Marshal Zhukov one-off barrel to the Clemson bottle share if you guys care. On another similar note, I need to find tickets to the Clemson game.
Bmac04
AG
Thinking I'm leaning towards Coco pebbels, marshmallow and vanilla at this point but still weighing my options.

Haha funny you mentioned ABVMZ as I'm opening mine in two weeks for a buddy that's always wanted to try it. ISO Clemson tickets as well.
BSD
AG
That sounds pretty good.

Yeah, I've had this bottle in the fridge for too long. It calls out to me in the night. Time to drink up.
Post removed:
by user
dave99ag
AG
jayelbee said:

My wife won the Atrial Rubicite Magnum lottery.
I guess I'm going to Austin.
Does she know she's going to Austin?

I guess that's easier than having to go to Toppling Goliath in the winter.
Post removed:
by user
steve00
AG
Mmmm....Franklin to go
lne2011
AG
I'm going to the Thursday GABF session this year in Denver. Ii'm flying in early Wednesday and staying till Saturday. What are some good recommended breweries in Denver?

But the way, anyone else going to GABF this year?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Inspector Spacetime
AG
lne2011 said:

I'm going to the Thursday GABF session this year in Denver. Ii'm flying in early Wednesday and staying till Saturday. What are some good recommended breweries in Denver?

But the way, anyone else going to GABF this year?
Call me biased, but I think as taproom experiences go, Crooked Stave's will have more limited release and cellar beers than anywhere else in town (that's on any day, can't imagine what GABF will be like). But naturally, these will be a lot of sours (though our IPAs are killer too), and can get expensive. I can hook you up with a few free tasters with a promo card if you hit me up, though. I'll be working every shift of GABF that week.

Breweries I love to visit:
-Call to Arms (inviting UK pub environs, excellent all-round beer, incl CTA IPA, one of my favorites in town)
-Comrade (very good west-coast IPAs, taproom only beers. Drink Superpower IPA while you're in town either way)
-Bierstadt Lagerhaus (specialize in lagers and have a cool beer hall setup and german food)
-TRVE (metal themed wild and sour brewery with an increasing number of decent clean options. Go even if you don't like metal)
-Black Project (forward-thinking sour maker specializing in spontaneous and super high fruiting rates)
-Hogshead (specialize in cask beer and traditional UK styles. Seems to be beloved by most brewers I meet)
-Cerebral (some of my favorite haze and stouts/barrel-aged beers, cool taproom. must try Bird of Paradise sours or Work from Home stouts if available)
-New Image Brewing (more excellent haze, getting into the slushee and milkshake game, also make solid sours)
-Four Noses Brewing (really cool brewery in Broomfield that can do all IPAs well and have some solid everyday options, too)

...but are out of town:
-Outer Range, Frisco (more amazing haze than you'll know what to do with)
-Weldwerks, Greeley (do I need to elaborate?)
-Wiley Roots, Greeley (haze on the level of Weldwerks IMO-- and around the corner--interesting Sonic drive-in-themed sours and slushes, excellent barrel-aged mixed culture stuff)
-Avery, Boulder (one of the best brewery restaurants I've been to, self-tour option, lots of brewery-only taps)

There are a ton of other great breweries in town I still can't speak to, but I can put my full recommendation behind any of these.
Jock 07
AG

have always loved this beer
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My favorite barrel aged clean beer of theirs. Just a hair above Parabola
AggieStout
AG
Wow. The butter and waffle and syrup is amazing. Hahaha people be creative.
AggieStout
AG
I could of gotten some tickets via the foundation at face for y'all if I would of known. How many you need?

Similar note I'm bringing my double barrel Marshall Zhukov to the share
txag2008
AG
In honor of Elvis' death today, peanut butter, jelly (raspberries), and bananas would be interesting.
Scriffer
AG
Or on honor of Aretha, plain white toast, four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
AggieStout
AG
You mean - honey butter chicken biscuit
steve00
AG
That one is probably my favorite as well. I did have a Helldorado last night, which is quite good too. Interesting how it is so light in color, but still very deep in barrel aged flavor.
lne2011
AG
Nice! I picked one up and I'm waiting to open it for a special occasion in another week or 2.
Bmac04
AG
Still not sure how many we need. I'll probably hold off until right before kick off just in case I pull an Adam and fall asleep in a chair at tailgate.
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

Still not sure how many we need. I'll probably hold off until right before kick off just in case I pull an Adam and fall asleep in a chair at tailgate.
I still made that game, dick. In retrospect though, I should have just kept sleeping.
BSD
AG
Bmac04 said:

pull an Adam and fall asleep in a chair at tailgate.

I remember my first beer, too.
jgh85Ag
AG
Marzipan golden stout

Very interesting beer. Tastes like a cream soda. A lot of caramel. I got the last pour

Growler Exchange in San Antonio. They always have a great selection of beer.
Two Down
AG
Does anyone know if ABW allows outside food or drink in their taproom? Was wanting to bring a bottle or two to split with some buddies if possible. Did a cursory google search to no avail.
jh0400
AG
That Tiki Hop Totem sounds interesting.
jah003
S
Two Down said:

Does anyone know if ABW allows outside food or drink in their taproom? Was wanting to bring a bottle or two to split with some buddies if possible. Did a cursory google search to no avail.
I don't think they can allow it legally... They are pretty chill dudes though, just keep it on the DL and you should be fine. Hudson and I have cracked a beer at ABW before.
dave99ag
AG
It's stout weather after a hectic week dealing with the foster care system.

jah003
S
I survived 2 days of high school... I feel like Billy Madison.
lne2011
AG
Two Down said:

Food, water, sodas... Dunno

Alcohol, no. It is against state law to bring in outside alcohol.
reesei10
Found this in Round Rock!
Is all their stuff good?
First Page Last Page
Page 1370 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.