Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,619 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by jah003
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the Crooked Stave Sour Rose in cans the same as their bottled Petite Sour Rose?

Chipotlemonger
AG
Little late to post all this (as BowSowy pointed out), but I had my bachelor party in Asheville this past weekend. It was an awesome trip, with a ton of great beer. Those mountains are incredible around there and it's a great getaway.

Here are some pics:

Zillacoah Beer Co. was probably my favorite brewery of the trip. Great mix of beers, awesome scenery right next to the French Broad River, and I had never been before. Didn't even know of it until MattJaxson mentioned it when we were heading out from an afternoon at Sierra Nevada.

This was their Hoppy Wheat:

The next day we started out at Burial Beer Co. (after a nice 32 oz. Smirnoff icing). All 4 of these were great beers, the bottom right one was pure toffee goodness:

We walked over to have some sours and snacks at Funkatorium after that. This was a great sour:

Next up, Green Man. A place I've always wanted to go when I've been to Asheville but had not. This was an ESB on Nitro, was a smooth sipper. I also had my first Brut IPA there, although pretty much every brewery had a version of their own!:

This flight was from White Labs. Really cool what you can do there. They brew the same beer with different yeasts so you can try them side by side to see just how much yeast can affect the end product!:

Highly recommend Asheville to any of y'all that have not been!

Not pictured: The bountiful amount of SG beer that MattJaxson brought, the 6-packs of Smirnoff ice, and some classic beer pong.
AggieOO
turfman80 said:

Can I find this in Austin?
Jock 07
AG
looks like this year's BCBS Rare will be out of barrel proof 12 yr elijah Craig barrels
AggieOO
FW XXI is mighty tasty!
Wheatables02
AG
Jock 07 said:

looks like this year's BCBS Rare will be out of barrel proof 12 yr elijah Craig barrels
OMG. If someone could just find me one I would ....
BowSowy
AG
Also not pictured, your brother breaking windows
ChipFTAC01
AG
Over the years I've searched and saved various personalized Google maps that have purported lists of all of the craft breweries in Texas. I like to reference them when I know I'm going to be driving from point a to point b and want to see something new along the way.

For example, here is one from the no longer active Texas brews.com

Texas Craft Breweries & Brewpubs
https://goo.gl/maps/cJVLL1zSYmP2

They always disappoint me due to their incompleteness. Would this thread have any interest in working on a groupssourced project to build a more complete list?

If there's any interest I can outline a more complete thought this weekend when I'm in front of my computer and not on my phone.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Pretty sure one of our very own posters has a more up to date brewery map. But, I will let him claim it.

https://www.craftbeeraustin.com/texas-brewery-brewpub-tour-listings-map/
ChipFTAC01
AG
Well that looks like exactly what I'm looking for and I don't see anything that's not listed. Who can I give my praise to?
ChipFTAC01
AG
As long as the Beer Thread is granting wishes, anyone know of any plans to open a brewpub J between Kirkwood and Dairy Ashford south of i10 and North of Westheimer?
Bmac04
AG
Was part of the last round of the El Catador Club. Each member got a 4 pack.
AggieOO
Figured it was something like that.
Bmac04
AG
Huge S show on the praire website this morning trying to order barrels. Site crashed as soon as it opened and tons of butthurt all around for people missing out. With all of that being said I was able to secure 1 of the 6 bourbon barrels. Still have a couple weeks until I have to submit my final recipe.

Once I know what I'm making I'll offer a portion to TA. Impossible to know the exact bottle count of the barrel but each bottle should be between $11-$14. I would like to start trying to collect some money for people that won't bottles so I'm not out of pocket $4000 until January when they will be ready.

We can figure out specifics once I lock in the final recipe but wanted to try and give everyone some heads up. I should have around 50 bottles available for y'all.
Bmac04
AG
AggieOO said:

Figured it was something like that.

You going to be at Clemson game? I'll bring you one
Jason_Ag98
AG
In for some Bmac Bomb! Happy to send advance payment.
AggieStout
AG
Can pay you now for a couple of bottles. 4? Maybe.
Wheatables02
AG
Also in for advance payment for 1-2 bottles.
MathNewman06
AG
In for up to 4 bottles prepaid.
AgEng06
AG
In for at least 1 bottle.
streetfighter2012
AG
I'm in for 2 bottles.
zephyrtexan
AG
I'm in for a couple! Can pay whenever, just let me know.
jh0400
AG
In for a couple. No issue with prepaying.
Chipotlemonger
AG
In for 2 (but I'd be fine with 1 if it meant someone else getting 1).
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In for 2, but would be willing to take only 1 if necessary.
maca1028
I'm in for 2, can prepay whenever.
Bmac04
AG
Someone want to make a Google doc for this

Maybe leave it a max of 2 bottles each for now to make sure everyone gets some then we can open it up more.
Scriffer
AG
In for 1 or 2
tl1127
AG
I got in on a bourbon barrel as well. Would be willing to trade a couple.
txag2008
AG
In for a couple if available. No issue with prepaying.
maca1028
nm
txag2008
AG
Bmac04 said:

Someone want to make a Google doc for this

Maybe leave it a max of 2 bottles each for now to make sure everyone gets some then we can open it up more.
See if this is sufficient.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TfF3yX_3jM3F8p2QZvVbamicNer_gbDwmML5VUJsAEg/edit?usp=sharing
Bmac04
AG
Looks great. Thanks

You can take out the prepay field. Basically if you don't prepay you won't get bottles lol. Trying to make it as easy as possible on me and try to help everyone at the same time.
dave99ag
AG
In for 2 as well.
big-ag
AG
In for 2!

What was the final decision on variants?
First Page Last Page
Page 1367 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.