Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,527 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by steve00
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's my haul from yesterday.

AggieStout
AG
That's a lot of hops
BSD
AG
Finally able to get a strong enough signal to upload a pic. It was both hops and stout weather at Weldwerks on Thursday. The guy working the bar was cool as ****, too.

jetch17
La Fours
AG
Day drinking

La Fours
AG
Man you better watch out. I spotted an Assassin lurking in your picture.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anyone not seeing a ton of Cigar City in Texas anymore? When they first came to town I felt like Jai Alai was everywhere but I'd kinda forgotten about them because I hasn't seen them at specs or even total wine jn a good bit. I noticed a guayabera at heb in the singles yesterday but I can't remember seeing anything else for a good while.
jetch17
AG
The initial shipment was good, then what could be found basically became shelf turds as there were no follow up fresh shipments it seemed
jah003
S
ChipFTAC01 said:

Anyone not seeing a ton of Cigar City in Texas anymore? When they first came to town I felt like Jai Alai was everywhere but I'd kinda forgotten about them because I hasn't seen them at specs or even total wine jn a good bit. I noticed a guayabera at heb in the singles yesterday but I can't remember seeing anything else for a good while.
About to start brewing out of Oskar Blues. Was at Oskar Blues about 2 weeks ago and saw pallet upon pallet of empty Jai Alai cans.
Scriffer
AG
That's good news. I can't find Jai Alai that's less than two or three months old these days
La Fours
AG
Tower Point HEB in CS has always had Cigar City since they came to Texas, but like was said earlier, they became shelf turds.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I picked up a DFH 120 the other day and I noticed that it said you could age it. I thought aging ipas was verboten?
Chipotlemonger
AG
120 minute is a high gravity high alcohol IPA so it stands up better to aging, the way I understand it. Would lose some of the hop bitterness to it and become sweeter, I would think.
AggieOO
if you let it sit for a couple years, you essentially end up with a barleywine.
jetch17
AG
sh*t, 120 has always been sweet AF even when ive had it right out of the gate ... its never been a 'hoppy' beer to me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ha yea. I should've said what I did with a wink.
CrottyKid
AG
New Glarus Spotted Cow is my favorite beer alltime.
2 questions.

1. How do you pronounce Glarus?

2. Are there any beers more widely available that taste like Spotted Cow?
Jock 07
AG
Finally got my hands on some king sue
La Fours
AG
It's pronounced glare-us
CrottyKid
AG
Thanks! Had a friend give me some. May not be the best to everyone, but it is the best my tongue has ever tasted.
La Fours
AG
It's a damn good beer.
62strat
AG
BSD said:

Finally able to get a strong enough signal to upload a pic. It was both hops and stout weather at Weldwerks on Thursday. The guy working the bar was cool as ****, too.

one thing I love about colorado; when it's that hot, I'm just 90 minutes away from a high in the 70s!
Been in breck since Saturday and it's wonderful.

I'm pretty sure we had our first 100 degree day last week in at least 2 years.
dixie whiskey
AG
giving foinders barrel runner a shot tonight. came in with pretty low expectations given its another barrel aged ipa, but this is actually pretty tasty. i can see it as a love it or hate it type beer without a lot of in between, but it's got a tropical thing going that's pleasant.
AggieOO
CrottyKid said:

New Glarus Spotted Cow is my favorite beer alltime.
2 questions.

1. How do you pronounce Glarus?

2. Are there any beers more widely available that taste like Spotted Cow?

This makes me even more sad we couldn't make our normal trip to WI for the 4th. Have to wait until Thanksgiving.
jah003
S
Went to Casanova Liquor a few days ago and stocked up on NG. Wife and I spent a few days on the north shore and were driving back yesterday... Were driving through Duluth and convinced myself that we didn't have enough NG, so we hit up another liquor store across the border in Superior. Once I get back to Austin I got a Cow or 2 for you.
AggieOO
Appreciate it, but don't worry about it unless you feel the need to share. Was just up there about a month ago for a quick trip, and still have a few NG around in the fridge. Plus, less than a month until the kid arrives, so we will have lots of WI visitors soon.

I'll stock up at Thanksgiving.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The weird journey of Grapevine brewery continues:
Quote:

"According to Burton, there are no plans to rebrand Grapevine beyond changing the name of its facility to "Hop & Sting at the Grapevine Craft Brewery."

https://www.brewbound.com/news/2018/texas-hop-sting-acquires-grapevine-craft-brewery-brand-assets?utm_source=Brewbound&utm_campaign=5dae98a187-mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6026cb3473-5dae98a187-168679405
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bkx8PkWH4Ub

Red alert, red alert!

Last year's batch was one of the best beers I have had
Kyle98
AG
Hmmmm, and I'll be visiting the in-laws in Elgin this weekend....
Chipotlemonger
AG
I just noticed this part:

Quote:

We bottled about 100 magnums this year, which we plan to do a lottery for sometime in the next few weeks.
SoTxAg
AG
Thought about going to JK on friday before i saw that release info. Think it will be crazy? I've never been when they do a release.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What time Friday? I generally think for the big releases it's busy at open (4 PM) but later into the night it's not near as busy as say a Saturday could be.
jah003
S
Evidentially this is a shelf turd...

SoTxAg
AG
Thanks.
AggieStout
AG
Where the hell is that.
First Page Last Page
Page 1356 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.