Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,938 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by steve00
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'm tired. Will post final results and try to start the draft tomorrow.
AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

AggieStout said:

Houston folks getting any?
ISO:

One of these will likely end up in my box to the tourney winner.

Wanna put some in a 2nd box.
MW13
AG
At first I was like . . .

But then jah said . .

NColoradoAG
Had a Milkshake and Fruited IPA event at WeldWerks tonight. B52 Szechuan Shake was the surprise hitter of the event. Thanks Cdub!
jah003
S
Final Standings...

Pro tip... pick the national championship winner and you've got a pretty good chance to win.

If I get a break from work today I'll create a Google Sheet and get the draft going. Worst case I'll get it up tonight after work.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That is great
Bmac04
AG
Patiently waiting for my call
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Can't wait to see the inevitable over-the-top boxes that make boxes like mine look like trash!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yes! Finally placed! Probably used up all my luck for a good while with this one.

Side note, any Houston peeps got any extra of that Szechuan Shake and interested in anything from DFW, Turning Point stuff, etc? Sounds legit and would love to give it a try.
Hudson2508
AG
Let's get this draft going. Excited to get my box packed up.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jh0400
AG
How do breweries like Brash, Eureka Heights, Spindletap, or Galveston Island (the first ones I thought of where I've bought beer to go) do it, or is this a new rule that keeps them from selling to go as well?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Same as with jester King, just different denominations of brewery/brewing company/brewpub/etc. are allowed to do different things I believe.
MathNewman06
AG
They're licensed as brewpubs, not production breweries
txag2008
AG
I'm assuming they all have a brewpub license. For a brewpub, total production cannot exceed 10,000 barrels.

Brewery TABC Description: Permit authorizes holder to manufacture ale and malt liquor and sell the ale and malt liquor only to wholesale permit holders in this state or to qualified persons outside the state. If annual production of ale together with annual production of beer by the holder of a manufacturer's license at the same premise does not exceed a total of 225,000 barrels, the holder may sell ale produced on the brewer's premise under the permit to ultimate consumers on the brewer's premises. Combined sales of ale together with sales of beer to the ultimate consumer may not exceed 5,000 barrels annually.

Brewpub TABC Description: License authorizes the holder to manufacture, brew, bottle, can, package and label malt liquor, ale, and beer; sell or offer without charge, on the premises of the brewpub, to ultimate consumers for consumption on or off those premises, malt liquor, ale or beer produced by the holder in or from a lawful container, to the extent the sales or offers are allowed under the holder's other permits or licenses; must be held with permit or license authorizing on-premise consumption. Total production cannot exceed 10,000 barrels for each licensed brewpub. Permit holders who also hold a wine and beer retailer's permit and who sell alcoholic beverages manufactured only on the brewpub's premises may sell malt liquor or ale produced under the license to retailers and private clubs and beer to distributors, retailers, and private clubs or to qualified persons for shipment and consumption outside the state.

All makes perfect sense.
jah003
S
Ok, spreadsheet is up. Draft will start once everyone fills out their info. There is a winners and losers sheet. Make sure you are on the right one.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K462Xn_KoQaZu1emGq72Z5_1nJUdiWWDYGe6COQHsTw
aggiemike02
AG
Pour one out...maybe

http://beerstreetjournal.com/comerica-bank-forecloses-green-flash-brewing-ceo-exits/
CDub06
AG
Wow, that's surprising to me. Green Flash was my gateway into embracing the West Coast style.
steve00
AG
I never really liked anything from Green Flash that much, but I do like Alpine quite a bit. Hopefully they find a way to maintain quality and recover with new ownership.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What a fast fall. Seems like there's been a constant cascade of bad news coming out from them the past few weeks.

First withdrawing extensive national distribution, then closing the east coast place, then closing their barrel program place.
Scriffer
AG

Recapitalization article from Feb

Quote:

The other primary stockholders, according to information from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, include the Palisoul Revocable Trust which is controlled by Pamela and Philip Palisoul and Martin Blair, who owns the San Diego-based Kansas City BBQ restaurant that was featured in the movie Top Gun. A third investor, Kent McKinney, is the senior vice president of Community First National Bank in Kerrville, Texas, Hinkley confirmed.

It may be a coincidence that Blair has an association with Top Gun, and the new owner address is Top Gun St, but it looks like his partner has put together the new ownership group.
turfman80
AG
Maybe they can make Alpine taste like an Alpine
Chipotlemonger
AG
Founders PC Pils back again this year. Extremely crushable beer to have around.
jah003
S
Halfway to drafting... still missing 12 losers.
dave99ag
AG
Spreadsheet updated. We're headed to DC this week and I will have downtime to search for beer. Already have my eyes to stop at Pizza Paradisio.
AggieStout
AG
Kyle98
AG
Having issues with the spreadsheet at work, keep getting messages that my access has changed, and I no longer have access. I can either try to fill it out when I get home this afternoon, or someone can fill out my line for me if we're just waiting on me:

DFW, all the normal local stuff, a couple of JK bottles I'm willing to part with (Snorkel, Simple Means), some DFH 120 from last April, some random barrel aged stuff, and whoever picks me will probably get some homebrew thrown in. I have a little bit of Belgian quad left from 2015 and a 10.5% Baltic Porter. If you can wait about a month, I'll have some oak-aged Saison ready as well.
Wheatables02
AG
Filled out the spreadsheet but not exactly sure how all this works. Also in DFW but don't know how to hunt for Beer like previously said bourbon. Regularly see Clown Shoes, lots of barrel aged, local stuff such as Martin House, Noble Rey, Deep Ellum, etc.

texas.aggie.2010
Look into churchkey and thesovereigndc.com as well in dc.
dave99ag
AG
texas.aggie.2010 said:

Look into churchkey and thesovereigndc.com as well in dc.
We're staying about 0.5 miles from Churchkey and hopefully I have time to make another visit there.
jah003
S
Ok gents... we are ready to rock and roll.

txag2008 you are on the clock. You are allowed 5 picks. Please put your username next to the person you'd like beer from in the "ship to" column.
jah003
S
Wheatables02 said:

Filled out the spreadsheet but not exactly sure how all this works. Also in DFW but don't know how to hunt for Beer like previously said bourbon. Regularly see Clown Shoes, lots of barrel aged, local stuff such as Martin House, Noble Rey, Deep Ellum, etc.

Once the draft is over I'll post some more detailed info...
txag2008
AG
All done
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

All done
zephyrtexan you're on the clock. You have 2 picks.
Wheatables02
AG
jah003 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Once the draft is over I'll post some more detailed info...
Think I've got it figured out now!
First Page Last Page
Page 1331 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.