Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,270 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by jh0400
reesei10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Speaking of Martin House, I pulled this one out of the fridge and right before I opened it I thought the top was a little swelled. I opened it just a little and it started to hiss and foaming out. It came out like whipped cream, and I had to find any glass close by to save the beer. The pictures do not do the foam justice. I think the beer was still fermenting in the can and I think I was lucky the can didn't explode. Still tastes great and might be better because it might be a little dryer.

reesei10
Opened a 2015 Legion.

This is a dry Imperial Stout.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I went a little over a year ago and really enjoyed Maui Brewing. They had a couple dozen beers of theirs I'd never seen, and some guest taps from the mainland.

Packaged beer-wise, it was slim pickins except for at Whole Foods near the airport. They had a lot of good stuff from Cali and the rest of the West coast, but be careful with dates because I definitely found lots of 6-10-month-old IPA. Keep a lookout for Almanac, Modern Times (cans and bombers), Lost Abbey for sure. I think there may actually be a pic in this thread from around 1/20/17 with a picture of their beer cooler from when I didn't know what to buy.

Also, I recall that at our Marriott property in Lahaina all the beers on tap were from Waikiki Brewing, so you could think of that as almost a tasting room type situation. Think there were at least a dozen or more taps there.

Last I remember that in a pinch, a lot of souvenir shops would have coolers with rather fresh singles of Maui Big swell IPA for a couple bucks, which I really liked for a convenient beach walking beer
Hudson2508
AG
Just picked up a Nomura crowler for my March Madness box. Plan to open the second tonight. Hear it's legit.
jwag
AG
Speaking of imperial salty lady, MH had quality issues with that one. They had to pull some out of stores because they would explode. Oops.

Tried La Cura, it's salty ladyish but drier to me.
reesei10
A little treat from Red Horn!

That Hazy Simcoe IPACedar Park, TX
Single Hop American IPA || 16 oz Pour || 70 IBU

Just a delightfully hazy IPA that's packed full of 44 lbs of Simcoe powdered and pelletized hops. All those hops are sprinkled (or poured, or dumped) among a malt canvas of pilsner, malted oats, and flaked barley. Fermented with Burlington Ale Yeast, fruity, peachy, grapefruity, and piney aromas and flavors abound backed up with one sick body and a drying finish.

steve00
AG
This is still my favorite Stone beer.

My local place has ridiculously old bottles and they are still great.
Bmac04
AG
Very glad I hedged the Kansas game
Kyle98
AG
Damnit Kansas...

Anyway, cracked this open tonight. Wife didn't want much, so she got the small fill.

Bmac04
AG
She got anal fill?
Kyle98
AG
Stupid mobile keyboard...
La Fours
AG
Does that mean she butt chugged her pour?
Bmac04
AG
Blame it on autocorrect
Kyle98
AG
This swipe keyboard does strange things.

Damn good beer.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Brought this one back from Florida. Coppertail was one of my favorite breweries out there, and this one is pretty good.
BOMP
Blood Orange, Mango, passion fruit berlinerweisse

DallasAggie2012
AG
Anyone in the DFW area made it out to Turning Point yet? They've lived up to the hype for me so far. Shakezula is a pretty legit milkshake style IPA. The stouts are pretty solid too. Pumped they're in the mid cities area offering up some pretty top notch beers.
txag2008
AG
Haven't made it to the actual brewery yet, but had a buddy give some of their IPA cans. Good stuff & will only get bigger and more popular from here
AggieStout
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Just picked up a Nomura crowler for my March Madness box. Plan to open the second tonight. Hear it's legit.

Had a Nomura last night. It's ok but I like lupulin wizard better.
Bmac04
AG
Been out there a few times so far. Easily the best brewery in DFW for me. Everything I've had from them has been solid but at the same time they aren't good enough to get me to stop getting hops shipped in.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah they really have jumped to the front of the line for DFW breweries. I can't wait to see what Matt stars putting out at Celestial Beerworks once they get opened up this summer hopefully. Dude was putting out some great beers at Malai and now he'll be able to put out whatever he wants.

I'm hopeful Turning Point will grow into their system and fine tune some of their IPA's a little further too. They're off to a strong start, but you're right that it's still not at the level of some of the other top players right now.
AggieOO
Appreciate the info
AggieStout
AG
Houston folks getting any?
ISO:
jah003
S
Wait... what?
Chipotlemonger
AG
What the hell, so pointless.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Never has there been an organization that seemed to just beg for a push to be defunded like TABC seems to. What a useless group of a******s.
BSD
AG
12 person staff to collect a few dollars from 25 flights a day. Sounds very TABCish.
Hudson2508
AG
Ready to lose some beer tonight. Go Nova.....Seriously my wife is rooting hardcore for Nova.
dave99ag
AG
Sadly, the person running TABC now is an Aggie. The cronies have already gotten to him.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Ready to lose some beer tonight. Go Nova.....Seriously my wife is rooting hardcore for Nova.
Meanwhile reesei is the biggest Michigan fan there ever was...
maca1028
AggieStout said:

Houston folks getting any?
ISO:

One of these will likely end up in my box to the tourney winner.
reesei10
jah003 said:

Hudson2508 said:

Meanwhile reesei is the biggest Michigan fan there ever was...

Yes sir! Wolverines!!!
reesei10
Wife found this at the store today. Best thing I have had out of Louisiana.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
reesei10 said:

Wife found this at the store today. Best thing I have had out of Louisiana.

Nice. Looks juicy!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Brought this one back from Florida as well. Really good and fresh.
txag2008
AG
Go Nova
First Page Last Page
Page 1330 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.