Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,880 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by steve00
Inspector Spacetime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NColoradoAG said:

June in Colorado is great. I hope to see you all up here for this festival. Its going to be epic.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-weldwerks-invitational-festival-tickets-40167979508
Will do my best to make sure I'm working this one! Great lineup and glad to be included
big-ag
AG
Hop and Sting NE Texas IPA is pretty tasty.
Robert C. Christian
AG
MathNewman06 said:

I'll be in Nashville in a few weeks for work. Not sure how much extra time I'll have, but anywhere in particular I should hit up? - breweries, bars, bottle shops?

Bearded Iris and Southern Grist are the best breweries. See Mattjaxson for bars and bottleahops.
DaveHimself
AG
big-ag said:

Agree. Don't let their Galactic Haze fool you though. It's a white IPA brewed with Belgian yeast.
MattJaxson
AG
Frio has it right in regards to breweries. Hit up Bearded Iris for all the haze and Southern Grist for a great variety. SG will be opening their new taproom on the west side this weekend for their 2nd Anniversary and it looks amazing.

As far as bottle shops, I would hit up Craft Brewed. One part bottle shop, one part bar. They have 30 or so taps and the best bottle selection in town.

Depending on where you're staying, Germantown (just north of downtown) has a ton of great options. Jack Brown's Burger Joint, Kuchnia + Keller, and Butchertown Hall all have good food and beer. 12 South Taproom is south of downtown and not too far from Craft Brewed.

Let me know if you have time to meet up while you're here and I'll be happy to buy a round.
Geriatric Punk
AG
DaveHimself said:

big-ag said:

Agree. Don't let their Galactic Haze fool you though. It's a white IPA brewed with Belgian yeast.
I bought 2 six packs of Galactic Haze because of the hype. I've had one beer. I will likely give the rest away to guests that I don't like.

I want to support local, but was not a fan.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
DaveHimself
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

DaveHimself said:

big-ag said:

I bought 2 six packs of Galactic Haze because of the hype. I've had one beer. I will likely give the rest away to guests that I don't like.

I want to support local, but was not a fan.
I definitely felt duped! Luckily I only bought 1 six pack and am struggling through it.

Also, I've heard Legal Draft is coming out with a hazy IPA in the next month or so. Although their Smash and Grab IPA is solid, nothing else I've had of theirs excites me so the jury is out on "hazeus corpus"...
MathNewman06
AG
Thanks (to you and Frio) for the Nashville info. I hope I can make some time to check those spots out.
reesei10
I am looking forward to this beer hitting shelves!
Bmac04
AG
Fantasy Football Champion box #4. Thanks Kyle!
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

Holy ****
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Holy ****

Yeah. That.
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

BSD
AG
Bmac04 said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk!
BSD
AG
Houston folk, I have ass ton of Rare Barrel that y'all need to drink. Let's wait for a nice Saturday and make it happen. Maybe meat up at Corkscrew or somewhere of the like, should they allow it.
jh0400
AG
BSD said:

Houston folk, I have ass ton of Rare Barrel that y'all need to drink. Let's wait for a nice Saturday and make it happen. Maybe meat up at Corkscrew or somewhere of the like, should they allow it.

You should do this in April. I should be off of pain meds and able to walk mostly on my own by then.
dave99ag
AG
Facebook tells me my wife and I got engaged 5 years ago today. Sounds like a good reason to enjoy a BB Temptress 2016!
maca1028
BSD said:

In...if I'm off.
Represent830
AG
Bmac04 said:

Hey Kyle, wanna play fantasy baseball this year?
Represent830
AG
BSD said:

Clemson game sounds like a better opportunity to knock all that out... jusssss sayin'
BSD
AG
When I say a "nice Saturday", I mean less than 95 degrees.
MathNewman06
AG
BSD said:

This is relevant to my interests.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

Im headed down this weekend....
CDub06
ChipFTAC01
AG
Finally picked up some Jai Alai tonight (along with a ton of other stuff) . Excited to try it tomorrow. What's up with the super old school sixer ring? Are all their beers like that?
BSD
AG
To Houston???
NColoradoAG
No. **** that.

Flying in to Austin. Snows Saturday morning. Pregame Saturday afternoon. Game Saturday night.

Come on up. We'll find some tickets.
zephyrtexan
AG
Nice! What brings you to Austin?

Also. Let me know if you make it over to the east side and I'll see if I can't treat you to a round at Lazarus.
NColoradoAG
zephyrtexan said:

Also. Let me know if you make it over to the east side and I'll see if I can't treat you to a round at Lazarus.

I'll just be in and out of the airport. Flying down to see the fam and watch the Ags btho UK
Chipotlemonger
AG
Believe so yea, don't know why
dave99ag
AG
We'll be tailgating near the loading dock entrance, weather permitting. Should be a fun game after the one last night.
Bmac04
AG
Represent830 said:

Hey Kyle, wanna play fantasy baseball this year?
OK so maybe that wasn't a fantasy football box and maybe I made up "Kyle"...
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

zephyrtexan said:

I'll just be in and out of the airport. Flying down to see the fam and watch the Ags btho UK
I'll be in CS this weekend if you want to grab your CBS...
Kyle98
AG
Bmac04 said:

Holy ***** I wish that was me, because if I could give that stuff out, imagine what my cellar would look like!!!
Connd

Drinking in the parking lot of my office. 2011 and still holding strong.
First Page Last Page
Page 1310 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.