Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,908 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by SoTxAg
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028 said:

Update:

Trade went through.

Abacus? Nice!
maca1028
Took the 40 minute drive out to spindletap without looking at their holiday hours.
Chipotlemonger
AG
maca1028 said:

Took the 40 minute drive out to spindletap without looking at their holiday hours.

That's brutal. Did they post it beforehand or was the hour info hard to find once you realized it was closed? Sometimes what sets breweries apart aren't their beer and atmosphere but also how they interface with the public.
maca1028
I was going to pick up my beer and assumed they'd be open. I looked at my order confirmation after the fact and today was not listed as a pick up day.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of New Years, I made a quick trip to Sioux Falls, SD over the last couple days. Heading home now, but I got to try some of the local fare and even randomly visit a downtown brewery.

Here is a pale ale from that downtown place, Woodgrain. They had a long tap list and if you're ever in town it's worth a stop. The SO got a dynamite hazy pale ale. Pretzels on the house, too!

I also got to try Spotted Cow from New Glarus on this trip. It was good, but I really enjoyed the Moon Man from them even more I think.

Got delayed in Minneapolis so was able to try this local, classic-style saison at the airport. Always fun to try new breweries from new places.

And here is a pic at the farmhouse that I stayed at. It really was a beautiful place and Sioux Falls had a lot more going on for it than one might think. Just for reference, though, the temperature was 14 below when I took this picture!

Happy New Years, y'all!
Scriffer
AG
Spotted Cow
jetch17
AG
Kicking it off correctly ... happy NYE beer thread

AggieOO
Scriffer said:

Spotted Cow

Believe it or not, I'm almost tired of drinking it. With 2-3 trips up this way each year, I pretty much have a year around supply. We've killed at least four cases in the past week. I don't even think I'm taking any home this time. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but I still have moon man and spotted cow at home.

Been trying to find more central Waters, surly, and some of the smaller breweries lately, but we are so far north that selection is psuedo limited.
AggieOO
After posting that, I felt like it sounded like an elitist dbag, so I went and got a spotted cow.
dave99ag
AG
Pinky out, OO!
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Pinky out, OO!
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Pinky out, OO!

And it's ok, I'll be jealous all night while everyone is cracking whalez, bro. We drank all the limited stuff while everyone was here. Now it's just the wife and in-laws, so no "good" beers left to open. Mostly regular stuff.
jwag
AG
Spotted Cow with the girlfriend's family in WI. Cold. Happy NY thread.

wessimo
AG
Drinking a '15 BCBS. Happy New years beer threaders.
cc10106
Grace & Grit is damn tasty. I finally had some last weekend at Rose City Draft House in Tyler, along with HopFusion's Coco Anejo and loved both brews. They also had CBS on tap which was a letdown.

Anyone here have any Big Bend BA Marfa Light for trade? I was in Austin yesterday and didn't realize it was still around.
dave99ag
AG
BBA Marfa Lights that the brewery gave me. Delicious!

Happy New Year!
AggieOO
Trying to decide how long to hold on to mine, but feel like it's only right to drink it out west.
dave99ag
AG
I think it's drinkable now. Not crazy boozy.

Out West would be great. We just got back and plan on heading back down in February.
AggieOO
What weekend? I'm heading out the second weekend. Have a little challenge planned. Will likely be solo, so would be up for meeting for a beer.
Scriffer
AG
WHY IS EVERYONE DRINKING SPOTTED COW?!?!?
Bmac04
AG
Celebrating TA Fantasy Football Championship and NYE. Happy New Year everyone, cheers!
reesei10
Happy New Year Beer Thread!!! Well...almost.

maca1028
Ringing in the new year at work.

I'll start catching up when I wake up tomorrow.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congrats! Was it set up as winner take all? I can't remember.
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

What weekend? I'm heading out the second weekend. Have a little challenge planned. Will likely be solo, so would be up for meeting for a beer.

The weekend of the 24th. Taking the folks down to see our place. Staying in Alpine though. Little ones aren't quite ready to camp yet.
AggieOO
Crap. That's the weekend of my race, I'll be a little busy. We want to go out there with you guys in the near future.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Not winner take all. 1st, 2nd & 3rd get beer, or something like that...
Hudson2508
AG
Looked up the email.

1st gets 4 boxes, 2nd gets 2 and 3rd gets 1 (from 4th place)

How do we want to pick who sends boxes to 1st and 2nd?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
If we do it again next year... I vote for no championship week 17. Not that it really mattered for this last place finisher.

Also, Yahoo would be nice, but obviously up to whatever the commish wants.

That was fun. Wish I would have drafted a little better.
Bmac04
AG
I'm open to whatever. In my other beer league winner picks who he wants and 2nd place gets the leftovers.
Jock 07
AG
CO folks, I see there's a new brewery, east bound and down, in Idaho springs, any good?
Hudson2508
AG
I agree on the playoff format. I didn't realize it was set up this way until the season started and it was too late.

We can do a quick draft for box distribution. It's up to BMac and Hugo though.

NColorado is sending his box to MattJaxson.
Hudson2508
AG
That works for me.
jah003
S
Drove from Taos, NM to Austin in less than ideal conditions... now it's snowing at home. Relaxing with a SN Celebration by the fire and watching Stranger Things.
docaggie
AG
My box is packed and ready to go.
I'm off this week so it'd be a good time to send it off.
Will be my first time shipping beer off. Any good suggestions? Pre register with FedEx?
Someone on the beer forums suggested labeling it as hot sauce or something like that... is that really needed?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 1297 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.