Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,576 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by steve00
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks good!
La Fours
AG
Aren't you working with some guys to open a brewery? Or is that someone else?

And the beer looks good.
Kyle98
AG
That was me. I dropped out. Just not enough time or energy for it right now. Between a toddler and my National Guard commitments, I couldn't really help plan and open a brewery. They're opening next month as a tap room first, and hope to be brewing by the middle of the year.

Brewing also stopped being fun when I was brewing toward promoting the brewery. I'm glad to be back to brewing as a hobby. I'm going to brew this recipe again and age it in a 5 gallon Balcones barrell I got for my birthday earlier this year.
La Fours
AG
Ah. Cool. I definitely get the time issue. Glad you can enjoy brewing again.
Post removed:
by user
cpscAG06
AG
Wow, no that was not me. Wowza.
MW13
AG
Had a nice little bottle share last night with my brother in laws and a good friend. To see how good of friend keep reading.

All were good including Velvet Merkin, 16 BB Temptress, CBS, vanilla noir and black crack but the highlight of the night was getting to share in our buddy's Kentucky Brunch.

Absolutely amazing beer that lived up to the hype. Really cool to get to have some.
La Fours
AG
Daaaaamn. That's a really good friend.
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

Daaaaamn. That's a really good friend.

Sure is.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think my wife would appreciate some time away from the kids this weekend so I was thinking g of going on a beer run and hit up some breweries to grab some crowlers.

I basically never get to go to breweries anymore (1 year old twins). If I hit up Brash and the other new oak Forrest one are they relatively kid friendly?
jetch17
AG
Hope the 1 year olds are metal AF

but seriously, it can be loud/cold pending if the juke is on & what weather is like at Brash if you're planning on hanging ... if you're just running in for growlers you'll be ok
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Unlike Noel Mazzone, Murry Fuggin Christmas does not suck.
lne2011
AG

The crowlers are scruntrulescent.

Jock 07
AG
My first experience with a medianoche
Holy ****balls this stuff is outstanding

AggieStout
AG
Bring all of it back
Inspector Spacetime
AG
That the S'mores one they just released?
Jock 07
AG
It was indeed, had a taste of it and the cherry variant and was a hard decision, was phenomenal.
And now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum $3 PBR with a United airlines snack box for lunch at keystone. I'm a cheap ass on the mountain
maca1028
Update:

Trade went through.
jcbaggie04
AG
Dear beer threaders,
I hope it was a great Christmas for all of you. I was disappointed as most of you were too with our preformance yesterday and I hope for better things in the new year, both for our Aggie football as well as each of us individually. I post here and there but I'm not the beer aficionado that many of you are, nevertheless I follow Texags heavily and keep up with my beer experiences as much as I can.

For xmas I did enjoy a 2016 Christmas bomb (and some Sam Adams winter lager with the neighbors)
On my birthday (12/28) I enjoyed a fresh yellow rose, 2016 pumpkinator and a 2016 backwoods *******
For the bowl game yesterday, in hopes of spurring them on I drank a 2015 BBH hell fighter and it was glorious.
I plan on a 2015 bourbon county for the new year.

I wish you all a happy new year and may 2018 bring us all many good things.
BigTimeAlum
AG
What's the best place to drink good beer in CS these days?
La Fours
AG
Eskimo Hut has a good selection of draft and bottles to go. They fill growlers too. World of Beer is pretty good but a little pricey.

I'm a fan of our two local breweries New Republic and Blackwater Draw.

O'Bannons is a good beer bar. Rough Draught is really good beer and whiskey bar.
jetch17
AG
Jock 07
AG
Been awhile since I've been to Denver looking for beers, what are the latest hot breweries in town? Is former future still doing good stuff? I'm in Thornton but can drive/Uber/lightrail.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
With all the craziness in beer these days, I've been loving the lagers from Bierstadt Lagerhaus. Seems like most people agree that they are making some solid traditional bier.
DaveHimself
AG
Still awesome.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks I just remembered cerebral is one of the ones I've been wanting to check out
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Can't go wrong there either. Aside from the beer itself, I'm a big fan of the names they come up with for them, given their theme.
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

Been awhile since I've been to Denver looking for beers, what are the latest hot breweries in town? Is former future still doing good stuff? I'm in Thornton but can drive/Uber/lightrail.

Damn man. Former Future isnt even around anymore! Albeit they just changed names and only brew wild and spontaneous beers now. You may have heard of it. Black Project.

4 noses is close to Thornton and makes solid beers. Odd 13 isn't far off either.
Jock 07
AG
Oh **** that's right, I knew that. Black Project was their special releases back then right? Might look into 4 noses and definitely want to check out odd 13 while I'm out here.
62strat
AG
Hah haven't heard former future in a while.
jetch17
AG
So what's everyone whipping out for NYE?

We're being incredibly boring and being old at home... I've already got a Hammersmashface in the fridge, dare I dome an HSF and a Dark Lord? ...better throw it in just in case
La Fours
AG
If I don't have the flu or this cold doesn't get any worse, lots of bourbon at my friend's place.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Time will tell! I'll wing it.
Kyle98
AG
This is ****ing fantastic!!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Instead of taking my offspring brewery hopping today I went and bought new car seats and went car shopping to replace my wife's car. FML.

I did come home and have a nice beer while pulling the kids around the neighborhood in the wagon for a last look at Christmas lights (Crossroads by South Austin ), a not so fresh Yellow Rose, and a very strange IPA by Clown Shoes called Reindeer Games. I love pretty much everything they do but it was really disappointing. I'd had one on Christmas eve while assembling Christmas preaents but that was after a bottle of wine. On further reflection it's just not very good.
First Page Last Page
Page 1296 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.