Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,643 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't a fan of the last two props. That said, I entered. I need to get up to Chicago anyways, this would be a good excuse.
jah003
S
Stuck at home with a sick kiddo, Astros move on, first legit cold front on its way... Let's get weird.

Jock 07
AG
Bull**** Air Force school blows, but this does not
AggieStout
AG
For You Houston folks

p-wonk01
AG
https://www.foodnewsfeed.com/fsr/beer/complete-list-2017-great-american-beer-festival-winners?utm_source=fs_insider&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20171010

GABF Gold Medal winning Pumpkinator
MathNewman06
AG
Parabajava at hay merchant- firestone walker tap takeover.

Just great.
DaveHimself
AG
Craving a stout with this cooler weather. Macallan Legion.
Jock 07
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Parabajava at hay merchant- firestone walker tap takeover.

Just great.
I don't even like coffee and loved that beer when I had it
MathNewman06
AG
It's not too heavy on the coffee. Just heavy enough on the pappy barrel.
dixie whiskey
AG
neapolitan dynamite to kick off stout season. the coffee brings all the flavors together. i like it
62strat
AG
Woah.. wineries are bourbon barrel aging too? I had no idea.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hill Farmstead is Bourbon Barrel aging Maple Syrup. I can't wait to get my hands on that next week... and I don't even like syrup.

Quote:

Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup

We fill bourbon barrels from our favorite distilleries with maple syrup produced by our friends at Peck Family Farm in East Montpelier, Vt. The syrup is aged several months and then packaged in a resealable container; this year we will once again offer 750ml glass flip-top containers as well as new 375ml corked and waxed bottles! Because of the aging process, you may experience some barreling sediment, but we have taken all possible precautions to eliminate it while maintaining the essential maple and bourbon character.
steve00
AG
Enjoying some barley wine and chocolate Bouchons at the Venetian.
BSD
AG
Niiiiice.
txag2008
AG
Public House
steve00
AG
Pretty good selection at this place, but they were out of my first choice - Bruery Rueuze. I hate it when places have fancy tablet beer lists that you spend a lot of time reviewing, but then don't actually have the beers that are on the tablets.
txag2008
AG
Just one of the few places that has a 'decent' selection on the strip. That said, they realize that's the case and set their prices accordingly. It is Vegas after all....
steve00
AG
I agree that the Strip is a wasteland for good beer. The best the average bar has is painfully old Sculpin or Lagunitas bottles. This place does have a pretty good selection, but $65 for a Sucaba is a little excessive.

The omnipresence of great beer wherever you go in San Diego has ruined me.
62strat
AG
Dang just busted into a year old Crazy Mountain 'Local's Stash' - an oak aged maibock. It's damn near one of the best beers I've ever had. I don't even know how to describe it but at first it seems really delicate and light on the tongue but is just bursting with flavor!

I'm terrible at descriptions. But this beer is really f-in good.
AggieStout
AG
I bought 2 and had one, mine i thought was way over powered with coffee that pushed all the other flavors out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome barrel aged imperial stout out of Wiseacre in Memphis. This is their 2016.

Matsui
AG
Wife was in Santa Rosa all week covering the NorCal fires...this is my reward:

https://imgur.com/a/7MXSq
dixie whiskey
AG
AggieStout said:

I bought 2 and had one, mine i thought was way over powered with coffee that pushed all the other flavors out.

damn, I'm usually a fan of coffee bombs, but i thought it was relatively subtle. i had a couple beers first though, and only poured a glass, so tonight ill try and let it warm a little more and see if i still feel the same. when i saw coffee was added to a neapolitan beer it sort of threw me off, but as i drank it i kinda felt like it kept other flavors from being overbearing.
Jock 07
AG
I've seen BBA wine for at least a couple years, if not more
AggieStout
AG
Yeah maybe I drank it too cold. I have another I'll have to let it warm up some and see what it's like.
jah003
S
I'm a Pumpkin beer hater... But this is straight Pumpkin pie.

Go 'Stros!

Chipotlemonger
AG

DDH DIPA that was pretty damn good. Thanks, Matt.

Light wild ale that isn't raspberry-soured. Really nice balance and profile. Thanks, Steve.
Topher17
AG
Bearded Iris makes some really great beers!
cc10106
getting smashed early today

thefarstall
https://www.thefarstall.net/southern-grist-brewing-company/
dave99ag
AG
Spending some downtime at our land near Alpine. Decided to come into town for the game. Knocking back a few at Big Bend Brewing.
Hudson2508
AG
Got this beer as a random add on to a big trade. It is one of the best BA vanilla stouts I've had. Super smooth and heavy on the vanilla.

MathNewman06
AG
Brash Projekt Mayhem. Not bad at all for their first shot at a gose.
cc10106
Yeah, Mayhem was tasty. Red Horn in Cedar Park is making fine brews as well, this being my favorite so far..

maca1028
Astros win! Ag's win! Hell yea motherlover! 3 margaritas deep and topping it off with this hazy mother****er!
First Page Last Page
Page 1263 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.