Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,663 Views | 62482 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Crawdaddy
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Fours said:

Y'all still tailgate at the same place?
Yup. North side of Reed on Kimbrough between the entrance to Reed and Olsen (Closer to the entrance of Reed). Should have a Piwonka & Friends banner hanging up as well.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Looks like my wife and I are taking a last minute trip to Vermont and Boston in a couple of weeks. So far on the agenda:
Hill Farmstead
The Alchemist for some fresh ass Heady Topper (we are staying 2 nights in Stowe, so will only be a mile or so away from it)
Lost Nation
Trillium

Any other places to check out? We will only have one night in Boston. Advice on where to stay and a nice beer place for dinner would be appreciated.
maca1028
Bmac04 said:

La Fours said:

Yup. North side of Reed on Kimbrough between the entrance to Reed and Olsen (Closer to the entrance of Reed). Should have a Piwonka & Friends banner hanging up as well.

Still waiting on some things from work to pan out, where is a good place for someone without a parking pass to park?
Also, where exactly are y'all?
La Fours
AG
You can buy a prepaid parking pass online at https://tamu.pmreserve.com. Buying online prepaid guarantees you a spot at the lot or garage you choose. Not a specific space but just that there will be a space for you. The prices vary from $30-$85 depending on where you park. There are some lots off of George Bush where parking is $20 cash but I bet they fill up fast and it would be a bit of a hike to Reed from there.

You can also park in downtown Bryan and take a bus. Not sure what the cost is to park there though.
txag2008
AG
Here's a Vegas restaurant/bar list that I put together a while back. Overall, Vegas isn't a real great place for craft beer.

https://goo.gl/22yogs
MattJaxson
AG
In Boston, Night Shift and Mystic are worth checking out and are only a couple miles apart. Was just up that way last week visiting my wife's extended family. Danger! Danger! at Mystic was one of the best IPAs we had on the trip. For dinner, Lord Hobo (bar, not the brewery) in Cambridge is great if you aren't looking for anything fancy. Great beer selection and we enjoyed the food.
Jock 07
AG
txag2008 said:

Here's a Vegas restaurant/bar list that I put together a while back. Overall, Vegas isn't a real great place for craft beer.

https://goo.gl/22yogs

Thanks for the list, I seemed to remember it lacking any real craft beer but was hoping that might had changed in the past 5 years
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Awesome. Thanks for the rec on Lord Hobo. Looks like a good one.

Is Cambridge a decent area to stay in for one night in Boston? Hotel prices in Boston are stupid. Like... more than what we paid in Manhattan at Christmas time a couple of years ago.
Bmac04
AG
Row 34 is worth checking out for dinner as well. Right next to Trillium and normally has a really good tap list.

Also I would suggest going to Burlington in Vermont. Burlington Beer Company and Foam Brewers have been putting out a lot of great stuff. Waterbury isnt far from Stowe and Prohibition Pig and Blackback Pub are worth a stop.
Bmac04
AG
Somewhere in this general area
MattJaxson
AG
Finally have a minute of down time to recap my beer adventures after visiting NCol at WeldWerks two weeks ago. Sorry for the length in advance.

In Ft. Collins, we hit up New Belgium, Odell, Zwei, and Jessup Farm Barrel House. New Belgium was cool and I really enjoyed the uniqueness of Jessup. They brew at Funkwerks and then transport everything to their barrel house/taproom. They had your standard barrel aged stouts/sours, but also some gin and tequila barrel beers that were solid.

We headed down to Denver on Sunday and made stops at Odd13, Cerebral, and Our Mutual Friend. Cerebral was the standout with awesome IPAs, sours and an outstanding stout that we unfortunately missed crowlers of. Cerebral served their flights in beakers, so we were drinking for #science.

Monday night, the reason for our trip, we headed to Red Rocks for Sturgill Simpson. Amazing show and atmosphere. Had beers before the show at Falling Rock, Pliny and Casey Blackberry Fruit Stand were a good start to the night.

On Tuesday, I flew to Boston to meet my wife. We were celebrating her grandmother's 95th birthday and turned it into an extended beer trip. We made brewery trips to Night Shift, Mystic, Trillium before taking in the Astros/Red Sox at Fenway (hopefully the Stros keep it going today).

We also took a few drives to the new Tree House facility and up to Portland. Tree House was nuts, but the line moved efficiently and we got our case to go. We hit up Bissell Brothers and Foundation in Maine and my wife also snuck in a trip to Allagash and Battery Steele while I was still in Colorado.

Finally made it home after 10 days of drinking and realizing and I can't and shouldn't drink like I used to. We checked three bags and a box of beer and still had to ship one box home. It finally got here yesterday and all beer made it safely. Final haul -

Tl;dr - lots of good beer in Colorado/New England
p-wonk01
AG
Bmac04 said:

La Fours said:

Thanks BMAC. We will be in thus area about 4-5 spaces towards the West Campus Garage from the Reed Arena entrance on the north side. Banner will be up. John with New Republic will be there at some point as well, so you will see a kegerator.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I hope you are chilling down at least a few of those
jah003
S
Grabbed a Crowler of Redhorn's Raspberry Lemon Berliner tonight for the share. Will also bring some JK stuff as well... Should get out there around 3 ish.
MattJaxson
AG
Ready to drink in celebration or drown our sorrows!
maca1028
I have to go in to work tomorrow!
La Fours
AG
Damn. That sucks. Sorry bro.
Bmac04
maca1028
La Fours said:

Damn. That sucks. Sorry bro.
It happens, I took off today for the Astros game and have some stuff to catch up on because of it. Should get out of there well before kickoff. Y'all drink some good ones.
BigTimeAlum
AG
So is thing going down in G or E? 1:30? I park in O
moss01
AG
If you are heading to the game this weekend and venturing around West Campus, I'll be pouring 11 Below beers at our tailgate.

La Fours
AG
Basically lot E. north side of reed. Look for a banner that reads Piwonka and friends.
p-wonk01
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

So is thing going down in G or E? 1:30? I park in O

E. 2ish. See the picture above that BMAC marked up around Reed.

I've picked up some cups and water for us.
MathNewman06
AG
Gabf last night was pretty awesome- pretty overwhelming.
Drank beer instead of taking pictures, but pretzel necklace:

And a pitcher of utopias:

Jock 07
AG
They always pour heavy on utopias
NColoradoAG
I should be there around 3ish today. Ill be playing Santa Claus so wear your cargo shorts.
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

I should be there around 3ish today. Ill be playing Santa Claus so wear your cargo shorts.
Hell yeah! However... Under no circumstances will I wear cargo shorts...
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Scriffer
AG
jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Hell yeah! However... Under no circumstances will I wear cargo shorts...

Why not?!?! Cargo shorts can carry anything!

Except a conversation with a woman.
jetch17
AG
Waiting for gates to open at brash...ambulance has already arrived. VIPs must be going hard
Connd
Projekt Mayhem is a gose, if anyone was wondering.
jh0400
AG
Dirties & Chez said:

Waiting for gates to open at brash...ambulance has already arrived. VIPs must be going hard

****. Should've bought tickets.

If you happen to grab some extra MtV, let me know.
jh0400
AG
Tine folk,

Whole Foods Market Brewing is killing it right now. If you haven't tried it, you should. I'm hoping their beer is available on Prime Now at some point.
cpscAG06
AG
Damn NCol, i knew that I should have come
Scriffer
AG
Y'all post pics. I'm enjoying a quiet-ish afternoon with a newborn but want to see what's going on
First Page Last Page
Page 1261 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.