Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,763 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by La Fours
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My annual river trip is next weekend and I need to beer up for my old roommate and I this week (he flies in from New Jersey so I'm on beer duty.

Looking back on untappd it looks like last year I took some Oso Bueno, Summer Pils, Dallas Blonde, Weekend Warrior and London Homesick.

Any suggestions of available stuff? I try to mix it up on a yearly basis of different blondes, lighter iPas, lagers, etc. The only thing currently on the shopping list is some Oberon.
dave99ag
AG
I would crush a lot of Real Ale Gose floating on the river.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Real Ale Gose
Community Gose
Live Oak Hefe
Live Oak Pilz
La Fours
AG
dave99ag said:

My wife got the news she passed prelims for her PhD and is now clear to defend her dissertation. She also gets to order her Aggie ring! That calls for opening a good beer this evening.
WHOOP!!!!! Congrats Mrs. Dave99ag.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
dave99ag said:

My wife got the news she passed prelims for her PhD and is now clear to defend her dissertation. She also gets to order her Aggie ring! That calls for opening a good beer this evening.
Awesome
AggieOO
ABW peacemaker is my river staple.
La Fours
AG
Real Ale Gose
ABW Pearl Snap
jah003
S
ChipFTAC01 said:

My annual river trip is next weekend and I need to beer up for my old roommate and I this week (he flies in from New Jersey so I'm on beer duty.

Looking back on untappd it looks like last year I took some Oso Bueno, Summer Pils, Dallas Blonde, Weekend Warrior and London Homesick.

Any suggestions of available stuff? I try to mix it up on a yearly basis of different blondes, lighter iPas, lagers, etc. The only thing currently on the shopping list is some Oberon.
Uhh...
Scriffer
AG
You told her she has to forsake all Baylor associations now, right?
jh0400
AG
St A Pub Crawl
Blue Owl Little Boss
Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Quote:

This Friday, June 9th at 4pm, we'll be releasing Jester King Demi-Tone! Demi Tone is our farmhouse ale refermented with the "spent" blueberries from Jester King Colour Five.

Demi-Tone (blueberries) follows in our lineup of refermentations with spent fruit, which includes La Vie en Rose (raspberries), Detritivore (cherries), and Grim Harvest (blackberries). The result of refermenting on spent fruit is a more subtle fruit character and arguably more complexity in terms of the fermentation profile.

We've always been a little cautious when working with blueberries, as we've encountered acetic (vinegary) issues in the past, which we've always dumped down the drain. Some may recall our Blueberry FAIL of 2014, which resulted in a beer with some very harsh, sharp acidity. We've come a long way since our first attempt of working with blueberries, and we believe Demi-Tone is a really great expression of one of our core philosophies allowing native yeast and bacteria to create interesting flavors and aromas through the fermentation of grains and fruit.

Demi-Tone was made by taking a young (1-2 month old) farmhouse ale brewed with well water, malted barley, malted wheat, oats, and hops, and refermenting it with the spent (or leftover) blueberries from Jester King Colour Five. It is unfiltered, unpasteurized, and 100% naturally conditioned. Demi-Tone is 6.3% alcohol by volume, 11 IBU, 3.6 pH, and has a finishing gravity of 1.001 (0.25 Plato). It was packaged on March 7th, 2017. It is our first ever batch.

The artwork for Demi-Tone, like all our labels, was created by Josh Cockrell of Jester King and is inspired by music theory and sacred geometry.

Demi-Tone will be available by the glass and in bottles to go. We have approximately 1,400 bottles available (750ml/$18). The bottle limit is one per customer per day. Aside from special events, Demi-Tone will only be available at Jester King. We hope you enjoy!
MathNewman06
AG
A nice porch bomb from Scriffer.
Now to decide where to start for the game this afternoon.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Any good?
Scriffer
AG
Enjoy!
62strat
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

dave99ag said:

I know Avery is in Texas, is this on the shelves? 4.5%, almost like a carbonated margarita in a can.

AggieOO
62strat said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

dave99ag said:

I know Avery is in Texas, is this on the shelves? 4.5%, almost like a carbonated margarita in a can.

mmmm, bud lime-a-rita

/pukeface
Scriffer
AgEng06
AG
Don't you put that evil on El Gose, Ricky Bobby.
La Fours
AG
Yes, it's available here in Texas. But I find that it is like a watered down version of what a gose should be.
AggieOO
AgEng06 said:

i'm not the one who called it a carbonated margarita.
jah003
S
ChipFTAC01 said:

Any good?
Not sure. Haven't bought any yet.

I'm just gonna spend my summer drinking Einhorn and Live Oak Beliner.
62strat
AG
La Fours said:

Yes, it's available here in Texas. But I find that it is like a watered down version of what a gose should be.
I agree after drinking 6-7%+ for almost every beer for so long, a 4.5 seems watered down, but I think it's to style, which is 4-5%.

AggieOO said:

AgEng06 said:

i'm not the one who called it a carbonated margarita.
Real Ale's Gose has lime as well. Westbrook key lime gose... Seems lots of them do.

Don't hate the brewer, hate the style.
MathNewman06
AG
BTHO Davidson.
dave99ag
AG
Beers and Aggie Baseball

maca1028
dave99ag said:

Beers and Aggie Baseball

Their about to do to me what football does to me in the fall...bottles up boys!
dave99ag
AG
Last call was in the 7th too. Don't want free baseball.
maca1028
dave99ag said:

Last call was in the 7th too. Don't want free baseball.

Judging by your angle that one was heading your way
streetfighter2012
AG
Was not expecting this game to still be going on when I got home.

La Fours
AG
F-@! This day!! AC broke and cost me $630, then the microwave went out a few minutes ago.

NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

F-@! This day!! AC broke and cost me $630, then the microwave went out a few minutes ago.

You watching the baseball game?
La Fours
AG
There is still hope for that to get better.
dave99ag
AG
The bar has been closed since the 7th. It's now the 14th!!!
La Fours
AG
I would have left already.
AgEng06
AG
Ouch man. Hopefully the baseball team can pull their heads out of their asses and end this thing.
reesei10
This is quite tasty!
First Page Last Page
Page 1216 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.