Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,434 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FancyKetchup14
AggieStout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the two green wax ones?
Bmac04
AG
2017 handjee and chemtrailmix
La Fours
AG
Care to run down the list of what each of those beers are and what brewery? I recognize a few of them. But most I don't know.
Bmac04
AG
Sure thing. From left to right

Westbrook Maple Cake
J Wakefield Label Us Notorious
J Wakefield It was all Dream
Three Floyd's 2017 Chemtrailmix
Three Floyd's 2017 Marshmallow Handjee
TG 2014 Assassin
TG 2013 Assassin
Southampton Black Raspberry Lambic
Cantillon St Lam 2005
SARA Westly
Schramms Statement Reserve
De Garde Broken Truck 3
Ale Apothecary Rum La Tache with Peaches
Jock 07
AG
Bmac04 said:

Nice little $9000+ share at a BYOB BBQ joint

On a whole-nother level.

Ags #1
AG
That dream is one of the best beers put out this year
dave99ag
AG
Good work, Bmac!

I think someone should throw in a Frio Light can during these epic beer shares. Just to throw people off a little.
dave99ag
AG
La Fours said:

IT'S BACK Y'ALL!!
About damn time it finally showed up to CS! It's been out across the rest of the state for a few weeks. Beerman at TP HEB said we get our allotment from Houston and we're last in line.
turfman80
AG
Figures.....
jah003
S
I'll probably be that guy and try to collect all 6..,
Chipotlemonger
AG
jah003 said:

I'll be that guy and try to collect all 6.

FIFY
La Fours
AG
When is the release for the ABW anniversary?
jah003
S
La Fours said:

When is the release for the ABW anniversary?
Not sure when cans will hit stores. They released it on draft at their anniversary party. I'd guess soon. Typically ABW drops on Mondays.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is Black Thunder year round and easily found, or no?
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Is Black Thunder year round and easily found, or no?
Yep and Yep. Should be at any HEB in the Austin area. If you're still in Austin and want to grab some beer, Lakeline HEB has an incredible selection. As does Mueller HEB or Sunrise (if your more south/central).
La Fours
AG
I'll be in Austin June 4-9 for training. So hopefully I can meet up with a few of you Austin area folks.
jh0400
AG
I was able to try BWD's Hell's Cellar 2017 yesterday, and it's a lot better than I expected it to be. It reminded me a lot of The Dissident.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

I'll be in Austin June 4-9 for training. So hopefully I can meet up with a few of you Austin area folks.
I've heard Hudson has a lot of beer...
I'd love to grab a beer or 3 at ABW or Pinthouse.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm down. I am working up there near the 183/mopac intersection.

Didn't realize ABW was so close!
Hudson2508
AG
Well ****, I'm out those days for company training in Phoenix.

Chipotle, we need to meet up soon so I can drop off this beer. We are really close, I work near the Arboretum. ABW and Adelberts are both within throwing distance from there.

On a side note, picked up a Crowler of Pinthouse/Red Horn's Horn Puncher and I have to say one of the best Texas IPAs I've had. Pinthouse is building some hype. It's too bad the Crowler lid was leaking, BMac won't get to taste this one.
La Fours
AG
We can definitely set something up. I'm staying near 290 and 35 while in town.
AggieStout
AG
BMAC, I am thinking of trying to buy tickets to Dark lord day next year. How hard is it to get tickets? The 1 bottle of rare variant, do you get your choice or if they are out of a certain type then your SOL?
Ags #1
AG
Pretty sure this year they just gave you random bottles of variants. In years past you could pick but tbis year was a straight up luck of the draw
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'll email ya.
dixie whiskey
AG
an inquiry for the beer thread

last night i came across some scotch barrel abyss and grabbed one, to go with the bottle of brandy barrel i landed a few weeks back. having never tried any of the abyss variants, i plan on drinking one of these in the near future and probably stashing the other for down the road. so my question is which one would benefit more from aging a bit? vs which is more ready to drink now
Bmac04
AG
Tickets this year weren't that hard to get.

As far as the variants go they have done it a few different ways. You used to get a scratch off lotto type ticket that showed you what bottle you got, the last few years they did it all by groups, A,B,C etc and the groups determined when you got to enter so the earlier the group the better chance you had to get a good variant. This year they changed it to an equal number of all the variants in each group and you were just handed a random bag with your allocations in it.
AggieStout
AG
Are people willing to trade bottles of one vs the other or is the Hanjee the holy grail and people dont trade it out. That being said I think ill drag my wife next year so I can get double the beer and double the chance at something I want.

Thanks for the info
AggieStout
AG
I would think the scotch one would mellow out more as time past.
Bmac04
AG
AggieStout said:

Are people willing to trade bottles of one vs the other or is the Hanjee the holy grail and people dont trade it out. That being said I think ill drag my wife next year so I can get double the beer and double the chance at something I want.

Thanks for the info

People will be offering others cash for just about every variant. From what ive seen this year as far as values go...

Handjee - $600
Scotch one - $600
Chemtrailmix - $500+
FVM - $400
Bourbon - $350
Ronaldo - $200+
La Muerte - $150ish
AggieStout
AG
So i should come with a wad of cash.
AggieOO
La Fours said:

i'm around that week.

i work from home 4 days a week (and my boss doesn't really care the other day), and I live right off 183 up the road from ABW.

and i dont' check this thread all that often anymore, but you know how to get a hold of me.
La Fours
AG
AggieOO said:

La Fours said:

i'm around that week.

i work from home 4 days a week (and my boss doesn't really care the other day), and I live right off 183 up the road from ABW.

and i dont' check this thread all that often anymore, but you know how to get a hold of me.
La Fours
AG
jh0400 said:

I was able to try BWD's Hell's Cellar 2017 yesterday, and it's a lot better than I expected it to be. It reminded me a lot of The Dissident.

How was the carbonation? When I tried it the carbonation was lacking. And I agree with you re: dissident.
jh0400
AG
La Fours said:

jh0400 said:

How was the carbonation? When I tried it the carbonation was lacking. And I agree with you re: dissident.

I didn't notice that it was under carbonated at all. I enjoyed it, but the $10 per glass price tag kept me from ordering a second.
Bmac04
AG
Definitely. My buddy went with $2000 and spent it all. He was able to hustle a lot and if he sold everything he bought he could easily make $1500 or so profit
First Page Last Page
Page 1206 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.