Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,068 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by maca1028
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, which TexAgs user sent the first box so I can thank you on here?
Scriffer
AG
That was me. I was proud of my effort, but dammit Steve.
Jock 07
AG
Paradox is hit or mis but when they're on they're pretty damn good.

Hudson2508
AG
Thanks Scriffer, great box and just unfortunate that they hit my porch on the same day.

Sucuba is such a solid beer and you rounded out my Temptress set.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Paradox is hit or mis but when they're on they're pretty damn good.

aside from their early on issues with flat or gushers, they've been pretty solid for a while now.

And the price point is great at $13 for 500ml. I hear they're considering a crowler machine.
Jock 07
AG
Only been to the new spot up in divide once, but I seem to remember them having a Crowler machine when I was there.
Jock 07
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Well.....box #1 came in and it was awesome.

Great beer, never tried Paradox and this one sounds great. So does the Almanac.

Then there was Steve.. ..Jesus Christ dude. Saying you were generous is a gigantic understatement. What am I going to do with all this beer? I have officially outgrown my cellar. What a lineup is all I can say. Thank you sir, I will beer it forward with some of this. Who's ready for a share?

Who was sending the joke beer to whom? Is the enjoy after the joke beer?
Scriffer
AG
Jock 07 said:

Hudson2508 said:

Well.....box #1 came in and it was awesome.

Great beer, never tried Paradox and this one sounds great. So does the Almanac.

Then there was Steve.. ..Jesus Christ dude. Saying you were generous is a gigantic understatement. What am I going to do with all this beer? I have officially outgrown my cellar. What a lineup is all I can say. Thank you sir, I will beer it forward with some of this. Who's ready for a share?

Who was sending the joke beer to whom? Is the enjoy after the joke beer?

Pretty sure that Red Poppy is the joke beer. He'd be better off forwarding it on to me.
Represent830
AG
Red poppy is ( . )( . )
steve00
AG
Enjoy
maca1028
Lucky007
https://instagr.am/p/BTlzqoGlVIw
ChipFTAC01
AG
For the last...many?...months there's been a banner hanging from a closed restaurant near me. I think it was originally called Beer Empire but I guess at some point changed to Beer Nation. I figured it was going to be some sort of bottle shop/pub and would be a nice addition to the area.

They finally opened in the last week or two so u pulled up their website to see what sort of goodies they have.

http://beernationhouston.com/drinks/

Come on, man. The place is basically a TGIF.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Thanks man, I saw. Managed to nab some last night. They threw me for a minute with the Perpetual Peace because I looked down and it said $5.99. Paid $20 for the four pack at HEB. Looked again and every bottle had that on it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Shinerbach? Did they just decide to create their own spelling?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anheuser-Busch to Purchase Wicked Weed Brewing

I'll just drop this bomb here and run away.
maca1028
Just came here to post that, glad I got to try it before they got their hands on it.
AggieOO
i'm getting a good laugh at the reaction on the FB groups.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Only been to the new spot up in divide once, but I seem to remember them having a Crowler machine when I was there.
You're right; What I meant to say was they are considering wholesaling crowlers to denver area liquor stores. So I'm told from the crowler store guy.
62strat
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I've already come to terms with the future of this.. If you fight it, I think you're wasting your energy. Embrace it.

In 15 years, AB might actually be the good guy... funding all these successful startups that are doing really good things, only to be able to do bigger and better things.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I doubt they'll ever be the good guy. They may be the unavoidable bad guy though.
62strat
AG
Well maybe they won't be the good guy; I'll concede there. But for the thousands of people complaining they are bad for small beer, I say this; If you're in small beer, you need to do what you need to do to survive the AB giant, or get out, because they aren't going away. Small brewers need to start forming alliances, mergers, etc and get bigger if they feel threatened. It's happened some already, but probably needs to happen more.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed.
Bmac04
AG
Loving my new Vermont hook up
dave99ag
AG
I'm actually not too shocked AB-InBev is buying Wicked Weed. They're not that old, but had a very fast ramp up much like Karbach. They make good beer and I hope they continue to make good beer. It'll be interesting to see how they ramp up their sours production with $$$ backing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
When I visited last month it definitely gave off a Karbach vibe. Especially when I found out that it was not that old.
Represent830
AG
62strat said:

Well maybe they won't be the good guy; I'll concede there. But for the thousands of people complaining they are bad for small beer, I say this; If you're in small beer, you need to do what you need to do to survive the AB giant, or get out, because they aren't going away. Small brewers need to start forming alliances, mergers, etc and get bigger if they feel threatened. It's happened some already, but probably needs to happen more.

They're doing as much as they can. Jester King and Freetail I know are two that have been very active in the legislative space to try and make it better but AB just has so much money to buy off politicians. I have no proof to it but see the EOC announcement recently.
AgEng06
AG
Speaking of JK, they posted their thoughts on the Wicked Weed news...

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/on-wicked-weed-brewing
dave99ag
AG
JK to WW

La Fours
AG
Blackwater Draw is releasing their Hell's Cellar Flander Red on Friday. Draft only for now. Bottle release in a few weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/399741766715541/permalink/1399478236741884/
62strat
AG
I would love the see the day Russian River sells to AB.

Everyone stays all high and mighty and boycotts the beer.. so then there's a whole bunch of low priced -tions on the shelf for me!
steve00
AG
I wouldn't care as long as it tastes the same. I'd love to buy Pliny and Blind Pig at the grocery store. I think the sellout anger stems from the fear that they will change the way it tastes. If it still tastes the same, I'd happily buy AB Pliny every time.
streetfighter2012
AG
Just popped open a pernicious that I brought back from Asheville. If the sale allows me to buy this regularly here in Houston I can't complain to much.
lne2011
AG
Nice afternoon beer.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Funk Metal is so freaking good.
First Page Last Page
Page 1197 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.