Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,513 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 62strat
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will likely be my best haul ever. Not so much because of contents quantity or quality, but because of price: A big fat goose egg. Dude on Colorado beer group is moving and quit drinking, so he unloaded his 200+ bottle cellar free of charge. Most people played nice and took 7-8. He said two dudes took 20 each, he was like, ok whatever. I got in just in time, second to last load. Just a few stouts and 4-5 BCBS left after my haul.

I've had most of these but I'll take $100+ free beer any day!

steve00
AG
The Whole Foods near my house went out of business last month. I don't know how you can charge so much for stuff, be busy all the time, yet not make enough money to stay open. They had one of the best beer selections in my area. Luckily, the first North County Bottlecraft just opened in Solana Beach.

Solid draft menu

Had a Leo vs Ursus, then a Prairie Bomb and Chocolate Rain. Bomb was good, but not as good as CR. I'm a sucker for Barrel aged stuff.

They had pretty good wings, chili and fancy sandwiches, and the typical great bottle selection. Got a few things for Hudson's box. Never seen Rare Barrel in a shop. Are any of these worth getting?

Chipotlemonger
AG
San Diego right? How the hell does a WF not do well there?
steve00
AG
Yep. No idea. Went in one day and everything was normal. The next week there was a sign on the door that they had closed. I always assumed they were raking in the cash.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Good stuff. Thanks Reese. A bit of a celebration beer since I finally found out that the board accepted my professional engineering application and I'm now officially a licensed PE.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congrats, man.
maca1028
I can't wait for our trip to SD this summer!
MathNewman06
AG
Appropriate Easter beer.
Jock 07
AG
Specs dude suggested this to me. Not too bad but tastes more like a quad to me. Never had heard of the brewery.
Connd

Some fresh ass yellow rose and grilling. Hard to beat, happy Easter fellow booze hounds.
docaggie
AG
I've had their root beer porter.
It was okay.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieStout
AG
Had that one the other day and was not a fan.
Bmac04
AG
My favorite SARA beer ever
Scriffer
AG
Got the hookup at 62strat's place in Breck. Starting off right.

62strat
AG
Glad you made it.. Enjoy the great weather this week.

Hit up Kenosha steak house for great food and good tap list,
http://kenoshasteakhouse.com/

Apres is only drinks, but an awesome drink menu overall... craft cocktails and extensive tap list and whisky menu, including PVW and the like.
https://www.apreslibations.com/

Honestly Breck has no shortage of good food and drink, there is a restaurant guide in the hotel room, or maybe they give it to you upon check in... ask them for it if they didn't.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I love Breckenridge. The distillery there was a fun visit. If you make your way back to Dillon ever, Dillon Dam brewery is a worth a try.
dave99ag
AG
City Liqours on the north end of town has a pretty decent selection of CO beer. Raided that place during OO's bachelor party.
62strat
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I love Breckenridge. The distillery there was a fun visit. If you make your way back to Dillon ever, Dillon Dam brewery is a worth a try.
The Dam Brewery; where it's OK to yell 'Get me a dam beer' at the bartender!

Breck has broken compass brewing as well, just a mile or so north of your resort (on the main road)
NColoradoAG
Outer Range is the Summit County brewery you cant miss
Connd

Bored at work
AggieStout
AG
Anyone heard anything about Prairie's Pe-Kan making its way to Texas and when?

They said in March that the beer will be released and sent out to all their markets but I aint heard anything since then. Been creeping on the TABC weekly release and label was approved March 31st.
Scriffer
AG
Dales after a good day on the slopes

Represent830
AG
NColoradoAG said:

AggieStout said:

No one posted about how the beer meet up was for the baseball game? Did that end up happening?
Everyone flaked out.

LaFours and I did share a Peach Climacteric on Saturday night though.

Yeah... about that... (warning: semi-graphic)

I had a bottle share the night before (see below). Quite a few people and I purposely was like, yeah don't drink too much you gotta drive to college station tomorrow. It was over a few hours too and man I felt great until everyone starting leaving. I laid down on the couch and the room started spinning. I guess I got the great idea to take a walk around the block, took a misstep and almost busted my face on a metal pole. I'm sure the alcohol-saturated blood would been great for the EMS had that happened.

So I get back home from my drunk adventure and lay back on the couch and oh hey, that beer is coming back up. After violently vomiting for about 15 minutes, I finallly pass out and wake up the next morning with a hangover from the 9th circle of hell and a sore throat so bad I thought someone replaced my drinking water with throwing knives.

So yeah. I didn't make it. I had absolutely no intention of drinking that much then I started looking at some of those stouts. Ooooooof. I also haven't been on here in about a week because I swore off beer since last Friday (LOL that's over).

AgEng06
AG
Nice beer pics, but where's the one of your busted face?
Represent830
AG
Side note: the coconut Cycle Trademark was straight fire.
Represent830
AG
I said almost. Luckily I'm athletic af and caught myself.
AgEng06
AG
Damn
NColoradoAG
Represent830 said:

NColoradoAG said:

AggieStout said:

No one posted about how the beer meet up was for the baseball game? Did that end up happening?
Everyone flaked out.

LaFours and I did share a Peach Climacteric on Saturday night though.

Yeah... about that... (warning: semi-graphic)

I had a bottle share the night before (see below). Quite a few people and I purposely was like, yeah don't drink too much you gotta drive to college station tomorrow. It was over a few hours too and man I felt great until everyone starting leaving. I laid down on the couch and the room started spinning. I guess I got the great idea to take a walk around the block, took a misstep and almost busted my face on a metal pole. I'm sure the alcohol-saturated blood would been great for the EMS had that happened.

So I get back home from my drunk adventure and lay back on the couch and oh hey, that beer is coming back up. After violently vomiting for about 15 minutes, I finallly pass out and wake up the next morning with a hangover from the 9th circle of hell and a sore throat so bad I thought someone replaced my drinking water with throwing knives.

So yeah. I didn't make it. I had absolutely no intention of drinking that much then I started looking at some of those stouts. Ooooooof. I also haven't been on here in about a week because I swore off beer since last Friday (LOL that's over).

Cool story bro
Represent830
AG
Shut up
dave99ag
AG
Kuddos to your wife for letting you do dumb shi*t.
turfman80
AG
You youngsters......
Represent830
AG
dave99ag said:

She wasn't in town which is probably why I was stupid.
AggieStout
AG
Where you get the nibs and beans. I need one of those
AggieStout
AG
Represent830 said:

dave99ag said:

She wasn't in town which is probably why I was stupid.

Last time I puked my wife was with me and drove me home. Got me whataburger too. Your wives don't let you do dumb stuff?
Hudson2508
AG

Thanks MW. Got here safe and sound. Didn't buy a Good Golly Miss Molly so glad I get to try it now.
First Page Last Page
Page 1188 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.