Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,011 Views | 62613 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by swampstander
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks. In other news, when did De Garde get tabc approval?
AggieStout
AG
Hudson what are your beer preferences
Scriffer
AG
Check the winners tab on the spreadsheet.
Represent830
AG
maca1028 said:

6 months ago maybe?
La Fours
AG
Represent830 said:

I'm assuming Bmac was the Myles Garrett Mike Trout of this draft?
Fify
AggieStout
AG
Scriffer said:

Check the winners tab on the spreadsheet.
I did not know there was another tab, my bad.
jah003
S
Looks like Dave is done. Hudson, 4 more picks to you.
dave99ag
AG
Picked, so the rest goes to Hudson.
jah003
S
Streetfighter gets the last one. So, leave one for him Hudson.
dixie whiskey
AG
was out off 249 and stopped in vintage park heb, which i rarely do. im now 2 bruery white chocolate and 2 kbs richer. never had either as the beer was intended. i feel like i should shop there more.
cc10106
Represent830 said:

maca1028 said:

6 months ago maybe?
Nah, couple months:
http://tenemu.com/news/de-garde-eyes-texas-distribution/02/2017

I wish Elements of Composition would get approval already, but this is still good news.
cc10106
Dixie, they have a twitter account as well if you follow folks on there. I like being able to get their draft beers to-go in the smaller plastic bottles compared to standard growler sizes. The Whole Foods further down Louetta also has a good selection and decent draft prices.
Hudson2508
AG
Ok, I finished it out and put SF in for the last person left. Everyone should now be picked.

I think I picked a few Austin people so let me know if and when you just want to meet up. I would love to do it over a beer. Maybe Jah can meet us and bring the hat.
dave99ag
AG
Have you explained to your wife what's about to happen, ie. Beer Christmas and that you don't have a problem?
Hudson2508
AG
Oh I tried to explain it to her but she has no idea what's coming. Typically I'll get a box here or there and it's easy to explain but 14 boxes over the course of a few weeks is going to drive her crazy.

I might need to have a big bottle share with anyone who is interested to kill some of this off since I'm not exactly a heavy drinker.
turfman80
AG
Lucked out on a few

Represent830
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Oh I tried to explain it to her but she has no idea what's coming. Typically I'll get a box here or there and it's easy to explain but 14 boxes over the course of a few weeks is going to drive her crazy.

I might need to have a big bottle share with anyone who is interested to kill some of this off since I'm not exactly a heavy drinker.

Well, if you insist...
La Fours
AG
Hudson2508 said:

You can just have bmac send his box to me.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Ok, I finished it out and put SF in for the last person left. Everyone should now be picked.

I think I picked a few Austin people so let me know if and when you just want to meet up. I would love to do it over a beer. Maybe Jah can meet us and bring the hat.
I'm always in for a good old fashioned Texags meat up...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Glorious drinking day in Houston right now. At D&T before, knock on wood, they shut down.
jh0400
AG
I'll be in Austin for Jason Isbell in July. I'm sure we'll do JK the Friday before. Just throwing that out there...
MathNewman06
AG
You're in my hood. They better not shut down. Seems like hunky dory would be the first to go, with Richard Knight leaving and HD/Bernardine's being the ones they filed for chapter 11.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Manta Ray was not the color I was expecting for a DIPA.
streetfighter2012
AG
Dallasag, frio, and kyle I'll be up in Plano over the weekend visiting the in-laws. I'm hoping to get away and stop in at one of the breweries in town early Saturday afternoon. Shoot me an email if you want to meet up and I'll buy the first round.
jah003
S
Alright... Draft is done. Time to send some beers.

Remember, minimum is 3 "beers". Going above and beyond is certainly encouraged. Communication is also key. If you can't send in a timely manner please let your "victim" know. Meat ups and combining boxes are also encouraged (unless of course you live somewhere crazy like San Diego...).

If you need shipping tips just let me know. If you've never shipped before USPS is bad, FedEx is my personal favorite.
Kyle98
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

Dallasag, frio, and kyle I'll be up in Plano over the weekend visiting the in-laws. I'm hoping to get away and stop in at one of the breweries in town early Saturday afternoon. Shoot me an email if you want to meet up and I'll buy the first round.

Just shot you an email. I'm planning on brewing on Saturday, so not sure I can get away. If it means not having to ship beer, though, I might have to put off brewing!
Hudson2508
AG
If I'm around I'll come out and share some beers.
NColoradoAG
Shipiing tips on page 179. Holy **** its nuts that is 1000 pages ago

https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/1930360/179
Hudson2508
AG
Also everyone sending me beer...You don't have to send only sours or go out of your way to find them. I love stouts, porters and IPAs almost as much. I'm not picky at all to be honest. Sours are just my go to. I just like trying new beers.

I will definitely try to set up a share at JK or in Austin sometime so I need to be thinking of a good weekend to do it.
steve00
AG
I don't know why nobody wants to meat up in SD
dave99ag
AG
Probably because of the sh*tty weather y'all have out there.
Robert C. Christian
AG
steve00 said:

I don't know why nobody wants to meat up in SD
Well, if you put it that way...
AggieStout
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Also everyone sending me beer...You don't have to send only sours or go out of your way to find them. I love stouts, porters and IPAs almost as much. I'm not picky at all to be honest. Sours are just my go to. I just like trying new beers.

I will definitely try to set up a share at JK or in Austin sometime so I need to be thinking of a good weekend to do it.
Just making sure you get some Champion quality beers.
Jock 07
AG
Colorado shower beer
AggieOO
Quote:

If I'm in town, my arm could be twisted.
First Page Last Page
Page 1181 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.