Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,675 Views | 62482 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Crawdaddy
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The guy at Specs told me about getting it on draft. It's just hard to find the time to actually go out and drink with a 3 year old, a one year old and another on the way.

If the Specs guy is correct there's some silly TABC rule that makes it not worth it for Lone Pint to serve BCS. I thought when i moved down here i was going to be swimming in Yellow Rose.
MathNewman06
AG
My brother lives up there and says that Gogh Gogh Coffee Co. has it on tap about every 4th rotation. Eskimo Hut has it sometimes. Both do growler fills.

I'm sure CS folks may have better leads than that.
Mustang1
AG
Just went into the Total Wine in Houston on San Felipe & wow they have great selection & prices. Need some competition for Specs anyway.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone ever been to Small Brewpub in Oak Cliff? My wife and I decided to stop in on our way down to Austin. Neat place with some good beers. Pretty hipster-y though.
La Fours
AG
Your priorities are where they should be. But Eskimo Hut and gogh gogh coffee do growler fills. Eskimo Hut does them for $9. Next time its available go grab a growler fill.

What tabc rule? From what I understand is that favorite brands paid for or helped pay for the bottling line to be installed and they get almost all, if not all of the bottles for a set time. And since favorite brands doesn't have Lone pint in Brazos county, we won't get bottles.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I completely forgot about Growlers. Nobody around my old town filled them so I don't even own one.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

My old boss texted me a pic from Austin asking if I wanted any beer. And he just now dropped it off at my office. Too bad it's not cold.

That Heavy Macinery batch is straight fire (is that what the kids say...?)
La Fours
AG
I'll be happy to give you one. Seriously.
La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

La Fours said:

My old boss texted me a pic from Austin asking if I wanted any beer. And he just now dropped it off at my office. Too bad it's not cold.

That Heavy Macinery batch is straight fire (is that what the kids say...?)

lne2011
AG
La Fours said:

You can find it on draft in town fairly often. But no bottles. I would think that the Specs in Cypress, or any of the HEB's in Fairfield/Cypress should get them. Just not sure how regularly they get deliveries.
This.

There are 4-packs of Yellow Rose sitting in the Fairfield HEB. Less than an hour from CS.
dave99ag
AG
I was shocked to see several cases of Yellow Rose at the Woodlands HEB this weekend. Usually I'm lucky to find one or two 4-packs. I guess their production expansion is online now?
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah I like Small Brewpub a lot. It definitely has a hipster vibe, but they brew some really solid beers and have great food. Their head chef did just recently leave, so I'm not sure how that will affect the food in the future. I'm a big fan of their black pepper pils. I heard they just released an East Coast IPA called Underdog tonight that is supposed to be pretty tasty. I wish more of their beers saw distribution, but I've only ever seen black pepper pils outside the brewpub.
La Fours
AG
Bro!!! That beer is the truth.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Yeah I like Small Brewpub a lot. It definitely has a hipster vibe, but they brew some really solid beers and have great food. Their head chef did just recently leave, so I'm not sure how that will affect the food in the future. I'm a big fan of their black pepper pils. I heard they just released an East Coast IPA called Underdog tonight that is supposed to be pretty tasty. I wish more of their beers saw distribution, but I've only ever seen black pepper pils outside the brewpub.

I had the underdog tonight and it was delicious. Food was pretty good. One of the better burgers I've had in a while.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Glad to hear the Underdog was solid! I need to get back out there and try it. Also glad to hear the food is still going strong. The location is still a bit isolated, so I hope they can keep things going out there.
AggieStout
AG
Do we know yet what beer the potential winner like. I want to get a start on my package.
Topher17
AG
You got yourself a deal!
reesei10
AggieStout said:

Do we know yet what beer the potential winner like. I want to get a start on my package.

From what happened last year, the winners get to pick who sends them beer. So you will not know who you are sending beer to until the winners pick.
jah003
S
reesei10 said:

AggieStout said:

From what happened last year, the winners get to pick who sends them beer. So you will not know who you are sending beer to until the winners pick.
Yea, we'll do a draft after the championship game Monday (if the game even matters). I'm out of town right now, but I'll put a Google sheet together tomorrow. I don't think you can go wrong with IPA's, stouts, and general #whalezbro though. Glassware and other random brewery swag is also encouraged.
streetfighter2012
AG
AggieStout said:

You're the guy who talks about a no-hitter in the 6th inning aren't you
txag2008
AG
It's about time.

https://www.craftbeer.com/craft-beer-muses/ne-ipa-recognized-official-beer-style
maca1028
I know it's a bit of a hike but next Saturday we'll be out at b52 around opening if any of y'all want to join.
La Fours
AG
You should just drive the extra hour and come to CS.
maca1028
We would but we will have a pretty good sized group with us.
lne2011
AG

Good stuff!
Connd
turfman80
AG
Connd said:

How is it? I hope it hits B/CS so I can give it a try.
AgEng06
AG
Sharing a batch 1 JK Hibernal Dichotomous (Feb 2014) with the wife. One of the first JK beers I bought.
streetfighter2012
AG
Worked through some Oberon while grilling chicken and corn on the cob. Looking forward to drinking this throughout the summer.
maca1028
Bought a sixer of hop gusher from spindletap, good stuff.
dixie whiskey
AG
wanted to say thanks to steve for the supplication, got it yesterday. and thanks again, bsd, for handling the middle man duties and saving me the trouble of starting up a pay pal account. i owe yall
La Fours
AG
Oberon is soooo good.
Hudson2508
AG
Looks like it's down to me and Chipotlemonger.....
CollinAB
AG
Neither of those games went the way I was hoping. And all I've got around the house is Rainier, which is literally Lone Star repackaged for the Pacific Northwest. So there's my Saturday night.
dave99ag
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Looks like it's down to me and Chipotlemonger.....
Think the worse you can finish is 3rd. Go Tarheels!
First Page Last Page
Page 1177 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.